20/20 Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
Did anyone go to any of the games on the weekend ?.

What are your thoughts ?

Are you going to watch it tonight ?

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
I went on Friday night to the Gabba. It was pretty good until the storm arrived and basically flooded out the oval. I am going again tonight. The atmoshphere will be great.

I think it is a bit of fun, but I don't think they should play too much of it.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im watching the one on tv tonight:D
Hmm...i dunno who i want to win tho :confused:
Is andrew symonds playing...he is isnt he....cause my brother said they are putting their nicknames on their jersey's...Roy....ROY...how do u get ROY out of ANDREW SYMONDS....yes i see...ANDREW SYMONDS...but why is that his nickname...:confused:

Nate

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love 20/20 cricket, awesome fun to watch

and about symonds nickname

BulldogForLife said:
It stretches back to when he was a teenager and looked a bit like the Brisbane Bullets basketballer, Leroy Loggins.

W

Winston Smith

i like it, i'm definitely watching the game tonite

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Definately watching the game

Pretty good considering it's a shorter version and to people who don't like there cricket that much.

Hope Reg is out on the boundary or commentating from the box cause it sure is going to be some entertainment.

Mike Hussey is going out on his jersey with 'Mr Cricket'.

It's a good opportunity as well to bring some of the younger players have a go at it.

It's sorta like the super 8 competition like they use to have along time ago.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
MIKE said:
Mike Hussey is going out on his jersey with 'Mr Cricket'.
Haha yea my brother said that too....why is his nickname that:confused:

bulldogs_chick16

The Brissy Kid
Reaction score
Go_The_Doggies said:
Im watching the one on tv tonight:D
Hmm...i dunno who i want to win tho :confused:
Is andrew symonds playing...he is isnt he....cause my brother said they are putting their nicknames on their jersey's...Roy....ROY...how do u get ROY out of ANDREW SYMONDS....yes i see...ANDREW SYMONDS...but why is that his nickname...:confused:

Iam going to watch it....the reason hes called roy coz steroroids they thought a while back that he was using steroids he wasnt really but thats were the nickname came from its just a joke between the aussie boys :D

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with Ricky Ponting on this one, it's fun BUT should not be played too much on an International Level.
If the 20/20 matches are drawing more crowds then a 50/50 match, Cricket would turn into a slog fest and that aint real cricket.

Christabella

Reaction score
Go_The_Doggies said:
Haha yea my brother said that too....why is his nickname that:confused:
When the Cricket Show did a special on Hussey during Boxing Day it was revealed that 'Mr Cricket' came from him having a very comprehensive knowledge of the game.

'Catfish' was the one that had me wondering but as soon as Hopes mentioned "Roy and Haydos" in relation to where it came from my question was answered. Anyone who has read any player's tour diaries will know the two big Qlders are mad fishermen.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I remember when some of the local radio announcers had a discussion on this about a year ago, they described 20/20 cricket as belting the living hell out of each other...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.