News 2 underperforming dogs being shopped to rival clubs

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As much as i don't believe averillo will ever be as good as hughes, I think the "good luck" remark is extremely disrespectful. Hughes bounced around the league for a few years before he landed at the storm. His first season there wasn't dominant, though he definitely showed huge potential. I think if you compared the two players at the age jake is now, Jake is probably in front. I'd love him to end up even 3/4 The player Hughes now is. If he can, then he has a promising future.
Hughes came through the NYC era with that all out and attack and no defence bs. He always looked to be a dangerous ball runner and you can defenitely draw some comparisons between Jake and him at the same age but you're right the way Buzz put it was stupid.

Hughes is originally from the roosters, was let go and then signed with the Titans and debuted at 18. Played 1 game in 3 years, moved to the cowboys and played 1 more. First year at Storm he played 4 games, next year he played 11 as a fill in before taking over at fullback the following year and we know the rest from there.

So Hughes played 17 games in his first 6 seasons and was never anything more than depth at that stage, he also had 2 years or proper development at the best club in the NRL training/playing alongside some of the best players in Smith, Cronk and Slater before even being considered a starter. Jake on the other hand has played 34 games in his first two seasons and was thrown into the most important position in arguably the worst team in the NRL era with little experience and support. It's just a ridiculous comparison, Buzz probably doesn't even remember Hughes playing at other clubs lol.
You blokes have proven that you are way smarter and knowledgable than Butt Rottgut. I would congratulate you, but that would be like congratulating you for beating a dead newt in a hotdog eating contest.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy is an absolute flop and it's beyond obvious his hatred for the bulldogs. How nice would it be to make the top 4 with this average spine just so this turd can eat his words and drown himself with more alcohol

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
buzz is the most biased of the lot. we get it dickhead, you're a sharks fan and you absolutely hate canterbury and have a burning jealousy of gus. not hard to work out who buzz does and doesnt like and it shows in his ridiculous articles and biased commentary
Booze and peptides can do funny things to a gremlin :grinning:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh my first reaction to this was also "only 2?"

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, but I am pretty sure its Parra these days
I don’t think so mate. Him and Sterlo hate each other

If he leans towards anyone it’s probably Canberra because he is tight with Stuart

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well he was raised by 3 men..

Jim Beam
Jack Daniels
Johnnie Walker
That's because he thought that Charlie Sheen wasn't on his alcoholic/white powder level in Two and a half men.....and wanted to go 1/2 man better with those 3 men...

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep, he is a sad **** and can't hide it.
**** gets away with it with those “Shhhhh!” Little articles he does too. Basically hints someone doing something terrible but can’t get in trouble for it. Guys absolute trash