197cm teen Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, who’s played just 113 minutes of NRL, to quit Storm for $2.7m deal

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Tiny Fa’asuamaleaui is set to leave the StormSource: News Regional Media
On the day it appeared that the Melbourne Storm were beginning to say goodbye to Josh Addo-Carr, there may be another body about to head out the door.
This time it’s a very big body, in the shape of Tino Fa’asuamaleaui.

The 19-year-old, who has played just 113 minutes of NRL across five games, is set to leave Melbourne to sign with the Warriors.
And it’s not just his 107kg, 197cm frame which looms large.

According to Stuff, Fa’asuamaleaui will sign a deal in the region of $670,000 per year across four seasons.
The report claims that the deal is done, although, it is not clear whether the huge teenager will sign immediately – or when his contract runs out at the end of 2020.

Warriors recruitment boss Peter O’Sullivan, who coincidentally signed Israel Folau, Greg Inglis to the Storm and also took Latrell Mitchell to the Roosters, is a known admirer of Fa’asuamaleaui.
The Orange-born forward played for Samoa earlier this year, and has also represented the Junior Kangaroos.
O’Sullivan told The New Zealand Herald that the Warriors’ main priority on the recruitment front was securing a hooker – which they did by bringing in Wayde Egan – along with some big forwards.

“We are still not small, we are just not as big as some packs,” O’Sullivan said.

“I could have signed three or four players in the last few months.

They would have helped our squad a little bit but because we have only got one spot left in our 30, I didn’t want to do that unless we were getting a player that helps our squad a lot.
“Priority wise the hooker was number one, the big edge back rower number two and probably a centre back rower would have been the third option which I really wanted to do.

“Next priority would be a big middle.”

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wonder if they had a crack at Taukeiaho for 700k a season. That's a lot of money.

I guess Flegler re-signed for 600k with the Broncos. They're around the same level...

Even if you discover or are the first club to give these players a chance they'll go elsewhere for more money or you'll have to meet in the middle (possibly more) to retain them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haas on 500k is the best deal in the NRL confirmed.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wonder how long he'll be content earning that. Will probably pressure the club to give him an extra 200k like every other player.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wonder how long he'll be content earning that. Will probably pressure the club to give him an extra 200k like every other player.
Very true. It’s hard to get excited about any contract these days, especially long term contracts

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they had a crack at Taukeiaho for 700k a season. That's a lot of money.

I guess Flegler re-signed for 600k with the Broncos. They're around the same level...

Even if you discover or are the first club to give these players a chance they'll go elsewhere for more money or you'll have to meet in the middle (possibly more) to retain them.
600k for Fleggler would be retarded... Haas and Fifita are good but Fleggler isn't worth that money, unless they gave him a top up for having the best name

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm just happy to see all these players bailing on the storm, I dont even care where they go!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's a bit of money for someone that only played a handful of first grade. I don't get the whole paying big money for such young and untested players it's such a gamble, and more often then not they don't live up to it. Just look at old mate Karl Filiga that the sharks paid a fortune for and he didn't even last the season out. Next SBW lol.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
500k "contract" but probably another 200k-300k in 3rd party deals. It's the Broncos remember, they had Locky at one point playing on a 250k "contract" lol.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a bit of money for someone that only played a handful of first grade. I don't get the whole paying big money for such young and untested players it's such a gamble, and more often then not they don't live up to it. Just look at old mate Karl Filiga that the sharks paid a fortune for and he didn't even last the season out. Next SBW lol.
Agree what other club would be prepared to anything near that amount.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
600k for Fleggler would be retarded... Haas and Fifita are good but Fleggler isn't worth that money, unless they gave him a top up for having the best name
I was out here thinking we'd have a chance with Flegler offering him 400k (and Lomax). Other clubs throwing the check book around even to retain.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was out here thinking we'd have a chance with Flegler offering him 400k (and Lomax). Other clubs throwing the check book around even to retain.
I don't get the hype around Lomax myself... Sure he has potential, but so do many other players

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't get the hype around Lomax myself... Sure he has potential, but so do many other players
People have different opinions and rate certain qualities over others. These players were all in the Junior Kangaroos tho which is all the emerging (or already top) talent that wasn't in the main Australian team already (Haas for e.g.).

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
People have different opinions and rate certain qualities over others. These players were all in the Junior Kangaroos tho which is all the emerging (or already top) talent that wasn't in the main Australian team already (Haas for e.g.).
Michael Lichaa was a Junior Kangaroo...enough said!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
How much did we sign Lichaa for? Right or wrong clubs pay on potential.
Too much for what he was actually worth. I think it was close to 1 million for 3 years (bit over 300k per year) back in 2014.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just haven't seen anything from him in fg to suggest that he's as good as the hype... Unlike say Staggs, or Xanni.