will we lose the points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Sorry if someone has mentioned this, and the panthers can eat a ****, but someone rang up Talking Sport today and made an interesting point;

It has been stated that Penrith won't get the points if we lose them. What's the go if a similar thing happens in the semis?

As far as the penalty goes, we have admitted to having 14 on the field, we know we made a mistake, Ryan was nowhere near the play and didn't stop any defender from making a tackle. I understand that he draws attention from someone in their defensive line, but I seriously don't think it would have made a difference.

A fine would be sufficient, but I think we're ****ed. If it was a team we were playing against, I dare say i'd want them to be docked. ****ing spewing!

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats the point.....other teams have had 14 on the field and escaped 2 points being deducted due to the 14th player not being involved in the play. Ryan on the field is a breach, which we should be fined for, but as he wasnt involved in the movement he didnt change the result and therefore we shouldnt lose 2 points we deserved.
Yeh I see your point. That is not missed on me. My point is based on blame on the trainer. He stuffed up, but if he hadn't, the result may have been different. That error changes the complexity of the game.

On the other teams breaching, did the game change in the same manner? I think the Broncos one did.

I still am hoping we get fined but get to keep our two points.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh I see your point. That is not missed on me. My point is based on blame on the trainer. He stuffed up, but if he hadn't, the result may have been different. That error changes the complexity of the game.

On the other teams breaching, did the game change in the same manner? I think the Broncos one did.

I still am hoping we get fined but get to keep our two points.
Well its one of the following's fault:

Ayoub
Ryan

Ryan was only following instructions (although should have realised he had no exchange card).

I havent said a whole lot about Ayoub, but i wouldnt be surprised or upset if he has a few shreds taken off him coz if any of our players lost us the game they would be crucified in here and would have 16 sack him threads by now. It will pass, but this is the Kennel. No deed goes unpunished here.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=32694

after reading that article i reckon we'l retain our two points
A very very slim chance at best mate. They changed the process after the Broncos game.

Now you have to hand a number to the side line official before you can run on, and he has to make sure someone went off before he would accept it.

Ryan neither had a number nor was he on the right side of the field where the official was on before re ran on again.

Would it have made a difference to the Panthers defense? I doubt it. should it make a difference to us if we lose the point, no we won the game and it is good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.