WWOS MOLE Bulldogs sign Sione Katoa from Panthers

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Of course, but we don't need to be purchasing players that we don't need either
We need a 2nd Hooker, so technically we do need him. It could of been someone else, but we do need him.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There is nothing more annoying then reading comments that state

“He’s a good cheap signing”

Firstly he’s shit... let’s just be clear about that!

And secondly who wants a cheap signing, especially in such a critical position??!! You want a top hooker, expect to pay top dollar... get that through your heads!!
I dunno mate, people thinking we can sign a marquee hooker when there are none off contract and we don’t have the salary cap space is pretty annoying too

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think people need to remember we need to sign players for cc
Every time the club signs someone that’s not a big name people blow up
We do need players for Reggie’s peeps
Just keep that in mind

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was hoping it was the Sharks Sione Katoa, but oh well.
He was progressing well until Cleary took over. Hopefully he rips in over preseason and develops into a solid 1st grader.
Wait? There are two Sione Katoas?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What happened about Billy Britain...did we or didn't we sign him ..nothing official.

Not seen much of Katoa so can't really comment...played 14 games this year for Panthers half off the bench..

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the best signing but definitely an upgrade on Lichaa. Equal to Lich in defence and marginally quicker pass from the ground. Hopefully a short term contract.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
For the same price????
Lichaa was on 400k
Katoa would be on 150k
What Lichaa was on is irrelevant. Lichaa is off contract so we could of resigned him and renegotiated the $. No one is going to sign Lichaa for 400k. Lichaa's looking at a lot less if he does find another club.

There isn't that much between the 2 and a change for both Lichaa and Katoa probably will be beneficial for all parties involved. Even if Lichaa is slightly better we know that he isn't going to improve anymore at our club. We also know that Katoa isn't going to be the answer moving forward so if we don't go all in for Harry Grant I'd be really surprised. We just needed a stop gap solution for next year. We're thin in reserve grade too for next year (and possibly the year after).

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Yeah for 2021. We needed a Hooker for 2020.
Club's are going to release guys in the off season. Also if you sign a player for 2 years time there is a chance the club will release them , especially if they can score a replacement player. Nov is effectively the trade window for 2020.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IM FUCKING PISSED ....
We have just shown what a fucking weak club we are. First we lose the Koriosau to Penrith, then we take their worst hooker off the books for them. I would have preferred Levi or Lichaa over this fucker given how it makes us look. What happened to Billy Brittain?

We may have finished the season well, be we have a long way to go before we are back as a strong club with decisions like this...
You on your period ? Seriously grow up

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
What Lichaa is on is irrelevant. Off contract so we could of resigned him and renegotiated the $.
Yeah but people are saying they would rather Lichaa, I’m saying for a back up hooker at 150k is pretty good and will still have more money if the right players are available.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah but people are saying they would rather Lichaa, I’m saying for a back up hooker at 150k is pretty good and will still have more money if the right players are available.
We save 50-100k max because Lichaa wouldn't of been resigned for 400k. I think 200-250k maybe. We do save a little bit so you're right. Just not as much saved as you think.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need a 2nd Hooker, so technically we do need him. It could of been someone else, but we do need him.
I dunno mate, people thinking we can sign a marquee hooker when there are none off contract and we don’t have the salary cap space is pretty annoying too

suppose.. I forgot the immortal Lichaa was on the move...

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We save 50-100k max because Lichaa wouldn't of been resigned for 400k. I think 200-250k maybe. We do save a little bit so you're right. Just not as much saved as you think.
I still would rather let Lichaa go and never see him at the club again.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Club's are going to release guys in the off season. Also if you sign a player for 2 years time there is a chance the club will release them , especially if they can score a replacement player. Nov is effectively the trade window for 2020.
This November is the 2021 transfer window for us. A few players might pop up for 2020 like you said and we might as well wait since it's so close to November. I'm not sure Katoa is in so high demand that we need to rush signing him...

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
This November is the 2021 transfer window for us. A few players might pop up for 2020 like you said and we might as well wait since it's so close to November. I'm not sure Katoa is in so high demand that we need to rush signing him...
Exactly , wait and see . No use signing fringe guys no no up side when we can grab a decent player or at least a young kid wanting a run like Grant.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You on your period ? Seriously grow up
take the moral high ground and shit signings if it makes you feel good. Some people need to call out the bullshit...
We tried for; Brailey, Robson, Koriosau and ended up with Katoa despite the copious amounts of better younger hookers available