Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Stop gap for Harry Grant hopefully!

dubdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Would have to be a few good banner ideas with that name could be a good combination with jmk off the bench if it’s legit

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
DWZ mid season signing, only club that could offer him Fullback position (Centre at Eels and Tigers couldn't move on Mbye). CHN is "on a contract that's going to set him up for life". CHN also lost his starting position at Panthers to Kikau. I didn't see 1 other club linked to him (was still under contract, thanks Gus?). Napa is also on 650k which is overs.

Why do YOU think we're going to be able to sign proven NRL players and marquee players for value (that are also wanted by other clubs)?

Sure, we can pick up a few opportunist players from reserve grade (Stimson, Britt, Brittain*), but we have millions in the cap to spend as well for 2021. To me, it's pretty clear we're trying to pick up "reject" type players for value until November (so far we've missed out on Ramien*, Koroisau and Ese'ese*) and then we'll splash the cash after that for 2021.
Have to agree. And I personally don't see an issue with that at all. Fine to pay overs, but only for the right player. None of those 3 that you listed as us "missing out on" deserved overs imo. Had they been truly class players I do believe we'd have splashed it but at this point I also don't think the club is attractive enought to sign those said players. In 2021 after a good season I think we will be.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
DWZ mid season signing, only club that could offer him Fullback position (Centre at Eels and Tigers couldn't move on Mbye). CHN is "on a contract that's going to set him up for life". CHN also lost his starting position at Panthers to Kikau. I didn't see 1 other club linked to him (was still under contract, thanks Gus?). Napa is also on 650k which is overs.

Why do YOU think we're going to be able to sign proven NRL players and marquee players for value (that are also wanted by other clubs)?

Sure, we can pick up a few opportunist players from reserve grade (Stimson, Britt, Brittain*), but we have millions in the cap to spend as well for 2021. To me, it's pretty clear we're trying to pick up "reject" type players for value until November (so far we've missed out on Ramien*, Koroisau and Ese'ese*) and then we'll splash the cash after that for 2021.
Again, you are just guessing based on media rumours and have no real information. Reject type players haha

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
bradyk....please do yourself a favour and realise that most supporters agree, in principle, with your basic premise re what it will likely take to attract the necesssary marque players. However you can't convert those who want to challenge your opinion, so why bother.

And for those constantly having a go at the bloke for page after page, for heavens sake, scroll on...the topic gets off course and bogs down with repeated bs going round and round boring the hell out of TK.

Lay off all of you puhleese.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
bradyk....please do yourself a favour and realise that most supporters agree, in principle, with your basic premise re what it will likely take to attract the necesssary marque players. However you can't convert those who want to challenge your opinion, so why bother.

And for those constantly having a go at the bloke for page after page, for heavens sake, scroll on...the topic gets off course and bogs down with repeated bs going round and round boring the hell out of TK.

Fucking bingo

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know too much about him as I havent noticeably seen him play.
I get that he has been named the player of the CCup but my concern is that he is almost 26 and hasn't really cracked first grade..
Is he not that good, just a squad player or...?
(And yes, I know he is playing behind Damian Cook who is an 80 minute GUN, but if this kid was that good why didnt anyone else sign him before us?)

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think they have seen what JMK can do and believe he will improve to be the standout option I feel this guy is a just in case option...

Reactions: DT

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

It’s not the marquee thing, it’s the constant comments about us paying overs, buying rejects, that no one will ever want to come here and all doom and gloom.
He has no clue of the inner workings of the club and who we are and aren’t speaking to etc. Some of us do and it’s so frustrating to read every 5 seconds when it’s mostly just simply WRONG but some of you lap it up.

You and Bulldogs09 are obviously now in the negative Nancy parade but maybe tell Cindy to stop constantly posting the negative it’s the end of the world shit.
Alzzbulldog has backed off with the negative stuff and you’ve piped down a bit too

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It’s not the marquee thing, it’s the constant comments about us paying overs, buying rejects, that no one will ever want to come here and all doom and gloom.
He has no clue of the inner workings of the club and who we are and aren’t speaking to etc. Some of us do and it’s so frustrating to read every 5 seconds when it’s mostly just simply WRONG but some of you lap it up.

You and Bulldogs09 are obviously now in the negative Nancy parade but maybe tell Cindy to stop constantly posting the negative it’s the end of the world shit.
Alzzbulldog has backed off with the negative stuff and you’ve piped down a bit too
Don’t drag me into your garbage. No interest in it.

I’m simply stating some of you need to grow the fuck up. I have no interest in petty name calling and cock measuring contests.

Some people clearly have agendas on both side of the fence. It’s not all doom and gloom in my opinion but I’m also not delusional enough to pretend we haven’t been shit for years now and the additions at this stage for next year aren’t in my opinion heavily contested additions, nor changing yet another year missing the 8.

We had an amazing end of year, with one of the worst first half of seasons I’ve seen us ever have.

I have hope the “war chest” in 2021 is used well and sees us become a power house again. Though at this stage that’s all it is. Hope.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

I’m simply stating some of you need to grow the fuck up. I have no interest in petty name calling and cock measuring contests.

Some people clearly have agendas on both side of the fence. It’s not all doom and gloom in my opinion but I’m also not delusional enough to pretend we haven’t been shit for years now and the additions at this stage for next year aren’t in my opinion heavily contested additions, nor changing yet another year missing the 8.

We had an amazing end of year, with one of the worst first half of seasons I’ve seen us ever have.

I have hope the “war chest” in 2021 is used well and sees us become a power house again. Though at this stage that’s all it is. Hope.
If you don’t want to get dragged into it don’t make sly little comments like you did twice. I’m all grown up. Just sick of the negative crap since I came back.

You have been a member a long time and are not one of these blow ins. You understand the situation the club has been left in and should see the work the club is doing to get us back to being a powerhouse. Yes we are also hamstrung which I think a lot of people forget that and expect miracles overnight and for us to suddenly sign all of these marquee players (who are still under contract and not able to negotiate yet) but there is a lot going on behind the scenes

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you don’t want to get dragged into it don’t make sly little comments like you did twice. I’m all grown up. Just sick of the negative crap since I came back.

You have been a member a long time and are not one of these blow ins. You understand the situation the club has been left in and should see the work the club is doing to get us back to being a powerhouse. Yes we are also hamstrung which I think a lot of people forget that and expect miracles overnight and for us to suddenly sign all of these marquee players (who are still under contract and not able to negotiate yet) but there is a lot going on behind the scenes
Absolutely right. There is a lot going on behind the scenes. And its all good.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

When you pipe down a bit too then TK will be a better place for it.

Man you must have such a chip on your shoulder. Why bite and carry on with all your venom and name calling.

You have a pathological need to have the last say. That's ok go for it but cut the insults out and personal attacks because others have an opinion.

We need to take YOUR word for it that you know almost everything thats going on at the club?

Stop deriding others as Negative Nancy's when they are simply putting their views.

You even called yourself a Peter Perfect at one stage. Just leave posters on the page to adjudicate others opinions the way they see fit on a public forum.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

You can call it what you want, though I stand by what I said. Calling me a negative nelly because I agree with someone you didn’t is garbage.

As I said I have no interest in any of it.

What you have said in the reply I agree with to a degree. Though I’m also not going to blindly
Follow this board. As I said I remain hopeful though the coming months will show is what they are really about.

There is people here pushing their agenda and people against. I could careless who runs it as long as the club is ran well and we aren’t making up numbers year in year out in a competition that is all about winning the Fucking comp.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Exactly right. Most are sick to the teeth of holier than thou (Peter Perfects and Negative Nancy's ...how juvenile) trying to ram their opinions and so called "better inside knowledge of whats going on inside the club".

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
When you pipe down a bit too then TK will be a better place for it.

Man you must have such a chip on your shoulder. Why bite and carry on with all your venom and name calling.

You have a pathological need to have the last say. That's ok go for it but cut the insults out and personal attacks because others have an opinion.

We need to take YOUR word for it that you know almost everything thats going on at the club?

Stop deriding others as Negative Nancy's when they are simply putting their views.

You even called yourself a Peter Perfect at one stage. Just leave posters on the page to adjudicate others opinions the way they see fit on a public forum.
Exactly, public forum so I can comment as much as I want.
Do you want a list of the names I’ve been called? I’m sorry if being called a negative Nancy has hurt your feelings. I am just more optimistic about what the club is doing and am looking forward to the back tracking and egg on faces.
Of course when we start winning it won’t be any credit for the club or coach though.

I don’t know everything about the club but definitely more than most. I think that’s why it’s so frustrating reading incorrect info every 5 seconds by the same bloke

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You can call it what you want, though I stand by what I said. Calling me a negative nelly because I agree with someone you didn’t is garbage.

As I said I have no interest in any of it.

What you have said in the reply I agree with to a degree. Though I’m also not going to blindly
Follow this board. As I said I remain hopeful though the coming months will show is what they are really about.

There is people here pushing their agenda and people against. I could careless who runs it as long as the club is ran well and we aren’t making up numbers year in year out in a competition that is all about winning the Fucking comp.
I don’t have an issue with you mate. We haven’t always agreed and have had some massive blow ups. I look forward to your faith being restored in the club

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly right. Most are sick to the teeth of holier than thou (Peter Perfects and Negative Nancy's ...how juvenile) trying to ram their opinions and so called "better inside knowledge of whats going on inside the club".
Thanks Mum

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I SAID STOP ARGUING IN MY THREAD OR I'LL ANNOUNCE LICHAA 10 YEAR EXTENSION