Great ending to the year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We're the least attractive option for players means they would not even consider an offer from us if there are others involved and in this case api could have dug his heels in and stayed with manly rather than come to us.

Dope
No. They will always talk to us. Just if they get another offer they will go to another club. They can use us to up their price so why wouldn't they? Before Panthers came in it was just us and Warriors, which would mean we're the only Sydney club. If he signed I'd still be right. You're literally helping my argument.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was he offered?
How are Penrith sitting/expected to go next season?
Until we sign players you're just believing this isn't the case, whereas there are examples for what I believe in.
I'm convinced you're an idiot. I said we don't know what he was offered.

Why are you basing your argument on predictions...LOL...absolutely stupid if you ask me. We were predicted to come last, the Dragons were predicted to finish in the top 4, Panthers and Knights were a surething for the top 8.

With the current crop of players we almost made the 8. As mentioned earlier, we will not be losing experience like we did last year. New players this year have bought into the system and have become a good side over the last 2 months.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm convinced you're an idiot. I said we don't know what he was offered.

Why are you basing your argument on predictions...LOL...absolutely stupid if you ask me. We were predicted to come last, the Dragons were predicted to finish in the top 4, Panthers and Knights were a surething for the top 8.

With the current crop of players we almost made the 8. As mentioned earlier, we will not be losing experience like we did last year. New players this year have bought into the system and have become a good side over the last 2 months.
Who have we signed? You're basing your argument on predictions. I know we haven't signed Turpin, Koroisau, Ramien and Ese'ese tho. How are we going to attract marquee players and the next young gun?

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who have we signed? You're basing your argument on predictions. I know we haven't signed Turpin, Koroisau, Ramien and Ese'ese tho.
I'll just leave it there for everyone else to see...LOL what a fucking joke.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was it not reported that we are no longer in talks with Ese Ese? So if he goes to Tigers it would be irrelevant. Unless you know why the club is no longer interested?

Why have Stimson and Britt joined us? was it cause we paid overs? They are playing regular first grade and playing well.

What makes us so unattractive to you? What makes Penrith, Wests, Parra, St George, Cronulla more attractive? Roster? Location? Coach?

We've won the last 4/5 games. All against top 8 calibre teams. How does that support your argument that we are a bottom 4 side? Or how about the fact that we aren't in the bottom 4?

Many players on the team seem to be genuinely buying into the team and culture. Foz, DWZ, CHN, RFM, Napa and Jacko all come to mind as good players who seem to love/appreciate the club. Like work places, players would use this as a basis for their decision.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Was it not reported that we are no longer in talks with Ese Ese? So if he goes to Tigers it would be irrelevant. Unless you know why the club is no longer interested?

Why have Stimson and Britt joined us? was it cause we paid overs? They are playing regular first grade and playing well.

What makes us so unattractive to you? What makes Penrith, Wests, Parra, St George, Cronulla more attractive? Roster? Location? Coach?

We've won the last 4/5 games. All against top 8 calibre teams. How does that support your argument that we are a bottom 4 side? Or how about the fact that we aren't in the bottom 4?

Many players on the team seem to be genuinely buying into the team and culture. Foz, DWZ, CHN, RFM, Napa and Jacko all come to mind as good players who seem to love/appreciate the club. Like work places, players would use this as a basis for their decision.
Ese'ese was asking for an extra 50k. Facts: he was a target of ours and we missed out

As it stands Stimson and Britt aren't in my 17. There are no reports what Stimson or Britt are on so I don't know if we paid overs. Who else were Stimson and Britt linked too? I didn't hear anyone.

We're unattractive due to results and how we're expected to go next season (I convinced myself we'd finish 8th this year - before the season started, I'm not doing that shit to myself again, you can do whatever you like tho). I think roster/talent we're a bottom 4 side. Anything else is an over achievement in my eyes. We're lacking an explosive player or 2 that can win us a game. We're not going to get that player paying value I don't care what you say. We're already been turned down by Turpin, Koroisau, Ramien and Ese'ese (and they aren't even marquee players). There are only 2 options; 1: overpay on marquee players and a young gun, 2: overpay on a bunch of decent to average players (Koroisau, Ramien and Ese'ese calibre).

I wish this wasn't the case, but this is how I see it. As soon as I start seeing us signing players for value that are actually going to change us into a top 8 side I'll accept I'm wrong.

Last edited:

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say, I love his runs and post-contact metres. He bends the line consistently.
Him and RFM are the answer on the bench. Hope we can jag a centre of quality and a starting prop. Napa back to the bench and all of a sudden our bench is enviable.
Give the spine another year to prove there where’s and ship them out in 2021 for a big money replacement if they don’t progress.
The way we ended the season there is not much to change for us to be a credible chance in the 8. Really sucks about Ramien in my opinion.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ese'ese was asking for an extra 50k. Facts: he was a target of ours and we missed out

As it stands Stimson and Britt aren't in my 17. There are no reports what Stimson or Britt are on so I don't know if we paid overs. Who else were Stimson and Britt linked too? I didn't hear anyone.

We're unattractive due to results and how we're expected to go next season (I convinced myself we'd finish 8th this year - before the season started, I'm not doing that shit to myself again, you can do whatever you like tho). I think roster/talent we're a bottom 4 side. Anything else is an over achievement in my eyes. We're lacking an explosive player or 2 that can win us a game. We're not going to get that player paying value I don't care what you say. We're already been turned down by Turpin, Koroisau, Ramien and Ese'ese (and they aren't even marquee players). There are only 2 options; 1: overpay on marquee players and a young gun, 2: overpay on a bunch of decent to average players (Koroisau, Ramien and Ese'ese calibre).

I wish this wasn't the case, but this is how I see it. As soon as I start seeing us signing players for value that are actually going to change us into a top 8 side I'll accept I'm wrong.
agree to disagree

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We were all disappointed with the early part of the season and for the most part there were calls for the coach to be sacked.

Yes, it was certainly not rosy and our play smacked of Z grade footy at times and then of course there were the inevitable complaints about team selection.

What happened to the team for the last third of the season??

We actually developed self belief and the players pulled together as a group to put their bodies on the line for each other and start to gel into something more like a competitive footy team. They played for themselves, the coach, the club and most certainly for the fans.

They looked like they were enjoying the game again and we saw some really entertaining attacking play and some really brutal defence where at times they defended as if there was no tomorrow.

We finally got to see Nick Meaney in the clear; Jacko hitting like a hammer and running those great angles that he did years ago; chain passing instead of one out hit ups; Elliot running hard and straight ; RFM getting a go and not letting us down, Foran staying healthy, offering so much on field plus so many more positive things...

I stuck by the team even in those dim times, travelled my kilometres feeling that maybe this week we would have a win...some pretty quiet times on the trips home , the jibes of supporters of other teams who were travelling far better than we were ringing in my ears....but then wow the last 6 or so weeks have been a breath of fresh air, a revelation indeed and the enjoyment slowly crept back into the watching of the team, seeing them develop and grow.

Good on you fellas....if a couple of those narrow losses had gone the other way we could have been playing semis even with the bad year we had. One loss outside the top eight; an admirable outcome considering our poor early form and leaking of points....

I have a better feeling for our chances next year;we may or may not make the semis, who knows; but at least some of the young blokes who were thrown into the deep end this year will be one year wiser, more experienced and with a better understanding of how to win consistently.

I know that there is life in the old dog yet...

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If i was the dogs recruitment manager no way could i pull it off, but if you were, i would have all the faith in the world that you would get the deal done
You are a dead set nuisance, actually a moron.

What players are you referring to? Koroisau? Ramien? You want to pay overs for those flogs?

DWZ wasn't happy at the Panthers and got a release. We nabbed him. You can go around in fucken circles and bitch and moan that "Tigers didn't have cap room", yadda yadda yadda. There is no proof and the only proof is that we nabbed him.

People going on about Latrell Mitchell, Manu, Ponga, etc...use are going on about players who are still contracted to their clubs. Clubs who will let them go if they so wish!

Latrell Mitchell wanted to come to the Dogs. Fat fuck Cleal and Hasler said no

James Roberts wanted to come, they said no.

Connor Watson wanted to come and they said no.

Munster said he chose Bellamy over Hasler which every bellend with half a brain would do.

We missed out on Koroisau and Ramien, boo fucken hoo....

We "apparently" missed out on Turpentine....boo fucken hoo

Your "marquee" players are only a small handful of players who are locked up long term and wont be going anywhere other than into retirement - Tedesco, RTS, Munster, Smith, T Turbo and Cronk.

Stop talking smack and wait until the season is over and the market goes into overdrive with players off-contract.
I wouldnt worry too much mate.
This is the guy who is constantly repeating that we should sign Latrell for (what was it again?) $1.1m+? AS A FULLBACK!

I was interested in signing Latrell earlier in his correct position, a centre, but the more I see, the less I want to sign him, especially for the $ he wants.
He is simply trying to be signed in other positions because they pay more than centre. We all saw how it worked out for him as a 5/8...
He is a rocks and diamond player who seems mentally unstable and high maintenance.
His effort is non-existent at times and gets lazy.

Yes, we have seen what he can do when he is at his best but how many games have we seen that this year?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I wouldnt worry too much mate.
This is the guy who is constantly repeating that we should sign Latrell for (what was it again?) $1.1m+? AS A FULLBACK!

I was interested in signing Latrell earlier in his correct position, a centre, but the more I see, the less I want to sign him, especially for the $ he wants.
He is simply trying to be signed in other positions because they pay more than centre. We all saw how it worked out for him as a 5/8...
He is a rocks and diamond player who seems mentally unstable and high maintenance.
His effort is non-existent at times and gets lazy.

Yes, we have seen what he can do when he is at his best but how many games have we seen that this year?
I rate Josh Morris higher - at least he can defend.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We were all disappointed with the early part of the season and for the most part there were calls for the coach to be sacked.

Yes, it was certainly not rosy and our play smacked of Z grade footy at times and then of course there were the inevitable complaints about team selection.

What happened to the team for the last third of the season??

We actually developed self belief and the players pulled together as a group to put their bodies on the line for each other and start to gel into something more like a competitive footy team. They played for themselves, the coach, the club and most certainly for the fans.

They looked like they were enjoying the game again and we saw some really entertaining attacking play and some really brutal defence where at times they defended as if there was no tomorrow.

We finally got to see Nick Meaney in the clear; Jacko hitting like a hammer and running those great angles that he did years ago; chain passing instead of one out hit ups; Elliot running hard and straight ; RFM getting a go and not letting us down, Foran staying healthy, offering so much on field plus so many more positive things...

I stuck by the team even in those dim times, travelled my kilometres feeling that maybe this week we would have a win...some pretty quiet times on the trips home , the jibes of supporters of other teams who were travelling far better than we were ringing in my ears....but then wow the last 6 or so weeks have been a breath of fresh air, a revelation indeed and the enjoyment slowly crept back into the watching of the team, seeing them develop and grow.

Good on you fellas....if a couple of those narrow losses had gone the other way we could have been playing semis even with the bad year we had. One loss outside the top eight; an admirable outcome considering our poor early form and leaking of points....

I have a better feeling for our chances next year;we may or may not make the semis, who knows; but at least some of the young blokes who were thrown into the deep end this year will be one year wiser, more experienced and with a better understanding of how to win consistently.

I know that there is life in the old dog yet...
I respect your dedication Dogluva

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s kinda laughable how tight we are with money.

What’s an extra 50k?

Who knows I don’t manage the process, but it seems a small amount of money to be debating.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

You're not wrong..

We don't know how much we paid Britt and Stimson....might have paid overs on them.

I think everyone understands the point you make. We don't look attractive but money talks and plenty of worse teams have rebuilt.

Our past few months will help give confidence to any potential recruits surely.

We'll all just have to wait and see who Pricey and Pay come up with and judge on overs with whoever.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Great end to the season.Absolutely loved how the team started to play as a TEAM over the last 10 rounds,that was reflected in the results.Still too early to expect a Top 4 finish next year but a Top 8 finish does look possible.
Although Newcastle fans were saying that too at the end of 2018 and look how that turned out.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Different perspective on the "no one loves us" handbag's at ten paces argument:

There are some players out there who would consider us to be the last club in Sydney they would move to. I don't know who they are, but the law of numbers or statistics or averages or something demands that there must be some.

There are also some players out there would would consider us to be the first club in Sydney the would move to. Law of universe, stats, etc.

Most players out there would consider us somewhere between the 2nd and 8th Sydney club they would move to.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're not wrong..

We don't know how much we paid Britt and Stimson....might have paid overs on them.

I think everyone understands the point you make. We don't look attractive but money talks and plenty of worse teams have rebuilt.

Our past few months will help give confidence to any potential recruits surely.

We'll all just have to wait and see who Pricey and Pay come up with and judge on overs with whoever.
If we've paid overs on Stimson and Britt then we've lost the plot

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If we've paid overs on Stimson and Britt then we've lost the plot
Remains to be seen hey. I'm surprised the usual scuttlebut and talk hasn't let us know what those guys are getting.