Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cogger far better than Lewis... Jack got dudded

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What do you get out of Lewis at lock other than fitting three players into a team? He literally would make 33 metres off of 15 runs.
He needs to be in the side somewhere and his best attribute is his tackling ability, he can bring down much bigger players playing through the middle while we have more attacking options in Foran and cogger. Lewis doesn't have to run, just tackle and ball play occasionally

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cogger way better than lewis ,lewis is an amazing defender but awful with the ball in hand

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is super clear Lewis will never be a good half.
However, I like him in the team, his defence and enthusiasm warrant selection.
For those who think he doesn't have the ability to be a ball playing lock, well it's less ball playing than being a half so makes sense.
Definitely no 6 or 7. I can't seeing making a heap of metres but maybe in some roaming/defensive position in the middle. That's the avenue I'd explore, I think it's clear he no half by now.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why not both.... with his injury record, Foran probably won’t last three weeks, let alone three years. He is not the future... he’s barely there in the present.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis’s defence speaks for itself but when he gets the ball, his attacking ability is like a virgin on prom night - disappears.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously a fit Foran is ideal but if that's not the case I'd be leaning towards Cogger/Wakeman or a marquee signing.
Lewis not an option at 6 or 7 unless there is some DRAMATIC improvement in the off-season.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The way Lewis was helping out Holland in D, then possibly lock or centre is best spot. There are options for him in the team for next year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm very surprised Pay dropped one of his favourites in Cogger, especially when he had finally hit his stride. Lewis has offered nothing in attack whatsoever. Cogger shouldn't have been dropped.

In saying that, I think Wakeham will end up being better than both Lewis and Cogger and it's disappointing he hasn't been given more opportunities since he performed so well in the three games he's played this season.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK stays at 9, Lichaa stays well away from the side.

Foran 6 cogger 7, put Lewis to lock and rotate with either elliot or Smith from off the bench.

Seems like the best solution imo
Defending in the middle is different to defending on the edge

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No contest here

Cogger all the way.....

Lewis has the worst kicking game i have seen along with a non-existent attacking game
His kicking game is like throwing up lollipos to a kid. The guy needs to vary it up

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm very surprised Pay dropped one of his favourites in Cogger, especially when he had finally hit his stride. Lewis has offered nothing in attack whatsoever. Cogger shouldn't have been dropped.

In saying that, I think Wakeham will end up being better than both Lewis and Cogger and it's disappointing he hasn't been given more opportunities since he performed so well in the three games he's played this season.
I'm hoping Lewis was only given the run because he 'handled' Sam Burgess' last time around. Cogger all day imo

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis tackle on Roberts. That was a crucial moment, for us and them, and I think it would have been the difference in us winning or losing with the momentum shift.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger has more natural ability/skill. Needs to polish up his execution and vision.

Lewis is less athletic, seems to have less natural skill, and will only succeed through sheer hard work and practice.

He's a good defender, but a half needs to be so much more than a defender.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger will be our halfback/hooker. Im happy if no Api.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isn’t this argument what got Indian dog banned ?