Opinion josh Reynolds Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
enough of this shit thread he will be off to the sharks close this discussion he isn't a bulldog anymore .

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Everyone who rushed into the field to hoist him up like he was Lamb Or Mortimer were absolute fck wits and anyone who wants him back are too.
I love being a fuckwit.... would take back Reynolds im a heart beat. For the right price obviously

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
A lot of people are talking about Josh like he’s a club legend.

Let me settle this once and for all. He isn’t. He is a good player but he doesn’t bleed blank white and blue at all. People confuse his hard style of play with him having some love for the bulldogs.

I’ll tell you why this is a myth. Please gather round and give me your ear.

1. The guy grew up a passionate Roosters Supporter. That’s pretty much well known. Consider that your first warning sign. Foreshadowing.

2. In the year 2017, Josh gave up a big contract offer from the dogs for a bigger offer from the struggling Tigers. Despite injuries, he played the exact same way for them when he’s on the park. He shows passion when he’s on the field, despite what colour jersey he is wearing.

Now if you are STILL not convinced, let me rock your world.....

3. At 5.45pm Friday 19/7/2019, Josh was on the Triple M austereo network discussing his future with Dan Ginanne and Ryan Girdler, in anticipation of the much anticipated warriors/ Sharks showdown.
At this pivotal time of 5.45pm, after discussing in honest terms how Madge offered to pimp him out, Ryan Girdlee said to Josh ‘you would be good coming off the roosters bench’.

What did Josh reply?

‘Ohhh That would be a dream’.

*mic drops*

Nasheed.
Never offered a contract to stay at dogs. Des wanted him gone and they offered him zilch. He wanted to stay and graham and others offered to take pay cut to keep him to no avail.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Footy ability =zero

we got to watch him for 6 years deliver jack shit behind the world most dominant pack

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Played beyond his natural talents but unfortunately his body has failed him.

Always liked him as a sub/hooker. If his shoulders weren’t shot and they raised him as a hooker, he’d still be in demand.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's look at where the real issue is here. It's not Reynold's, it's the Tiger's.

The Tiger's know they paid overs for Reynold's and Mbye. McGuire isn't silly and he know's they were bought at a premium but getting little from Mbye and nothing from Reynolds. So while the Tiger's have shown their hand in not wanting, but needing to offload Reynold's we don't need to do anything other than sit and watch them squirm. Now, they need the money to upgrade the likes of their young hooker behind Farrah, Jacob Liddle who would be a great signing for us. So I say why solve their problems by taking Reynold's off their books but offer more to Liddle because unless they can get rid of Reynold's they can't give Liddle what he is worth?

It's the old poker strategy.

You gotta know when to hold them.
Know when to fold them.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let's look at where the real issue is here. It's not Reynold's, it's the Tiger's.

The Tiger's know they paid overs for Reynold's and Mbye. McGuire isn't silly and he know's they were bought at a premium but getting little from Mbye and nothing from Reynolds. So while the Tiger's have shown their hand in not wanting, but needing to offload Reynold's we don't need to do anything other than sit and watch them squirm. Now, they need the money to upgrade the likes of their young hooker behind Farrah, Jacob Liddle who would be a great signing for us. So I say why solve their problems by taking Reynold's off their books but offer more to Liddle because unless they can get rid of Reynold's they can't give Liddle what he is worth?

It's the old poker strategy.

You gotta know when to hold them.
Know when to fold them.
Liddle is crap just like Turpentine.

All because a "hooker" is off contract, it does not mean we need to jump all over it.

Smith and Cook are above the rest by a country mile.

The only good up and coming hookers is the young fob from Manly and Brailey.

Other than that, its all the same shit

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Roosters and Sharks would sign him to play 14/utility (rumoured 300k), then no reason why we shouldn't. Regardless of how pre season goes, start him off the bench and if he's playing well and can withstand long minutes in the middle then we can promote him to starting Hooker. Also if Foran is injured, Reynolds can come in at 6 and JMK onto the bench. It's still an upgrade, regardless how small/big people think then what we have and outside Turpin there are no obvious other options IMO (maybe Koroisau - but then we're helping Manly salary cap).

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey Marley

So talk with Dogs getting rid of Foran for Reynolds

What’s your preference

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like Josh Reynolds.....he's a great bloke, but do we want to sign a 30yo with injuries (...to sit alongside our 29yo with injuries (Foran)) ?

By looking at the Zero Tackle link (below) we have 18 players coming off contract at the end of 2020 (...and 5 at the end of this year).

I think a valuable question to ask is : "who are our future?"...and, to be honest, I really don't see older/injury prone players as the future of the Bulldogs.

Sure we require experience but that experience should only come from people who can actually take the field on a regular basis and perform optimally and, as it stands, Josh can't do this.
Don't get me wrong.....he's a top guy to have around and bleeds blue and white BUT......

Look, I've supported the Berries/Dogs for a long time and have seen the great times of the eighties which many haven't....I'm very fortunate, but in going forward I think we have to look at what we want our future to look like.
I'm sorry, but for me, it doesn't look like Josh Reynolds or Kieran Foran......it looks a lot more like TPJ/ Haas/ etc etc etc (I think you the kind of player I'm talking about).

Sure 2019's really bad and I suspect that 2020 will be poor but geez I'm starting to like 2021 (and on wards) a lot more now.

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/off-contract-2020

Go you mighty Bulldogs!!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

The date is 23/7/19.

My question is what if we re- sign Foran on a longer term deal, that eases our salary cap at the same time?

Let’s presume the 1.2 figure is real, I have me doubts, but if it is, then perhaps we release him from that contract and sign him on a 2 million deal for 3 seasons?
750+600+600.

Foran gets an extension to his career. We get cap relief. And most likely come year two, Foran gets medically retired anyway.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

The date is 23/7/19.

My question is what if we re- sign Foran on a longer term deal, that eases our salary cap at the same time?

Let’s presume the 1.2 figure is real, I have me doubts, but if it is, then perhaps we release him from that contract and sign him on a 2 million deal for 3 seasons?
750+600+600.

Foran gets an extension to his career. We get cap relief. And most likely come year two, Foran gets medically retired anyway.
What if we send him to Taree City RLFC

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if we send him to Taree City RLFC
7:32PM 23/07/2019

That way, he can play with Nasheed’s friend from Taree.

Also, please include the date in your comment, so that we know when you posted.

Banned
Reaction score
NRL has already blocked one attempt to medically retire Foran by us.

Banned
Reaction score
MG just suggested Penrith is an option, for him to replace Jimmy, who's going to France at the end of the season.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

The date is 23/7/19.

750+600+600.

Dude, seriously give up the facade. It was funny at first but it's really getting old now.

Status
Not open for further replies.