Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why is everyone so intent on getting a swap most of the Knights players are garbage. Ramien is the only one that was worth a shot at because they aren’t going to trade Ponga.
I guess because we've been schooled by a garbage club like Newcastle

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess because we've been schooled by a garbage club like Newcastle
That’s letting emotion get involved with it. If Newcastle don’t have the player we need to plug holes in our squad then what’s the point in getting a Newcastle player?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey Klem,

Just a quick note in case you happen to read this forum. You seemed like such a passionate Bulldog. You spoke to the media about how you grew up with Bulldogs bedsheets, how you were the ultimate fan....if there's any truth at all to these romanticised stories, how can you even think of doing this to your fans during such a time?

You could play a major role in rebuilding this great club. You have the opportunity to go down as a true legend of the club you supported as a kid. Instead it appears you are intent on going down as just another jerk who sold out your childhood dreams to the highest bidder. Bulldogs fans have a hard enough time with the media and game's administration dumping on the club without supposedly passionate players doing it. This club is so much greater than the Newcastle Knights....has a prouder and much longer history and a much greater record of success. So many legends have played for this club. Legends who understood and loved the club's culture. You could be one of them. Why would you throw that away in pursuit of a quick buck?

Is that kid who slept with Bulldogs bedsheets still inside you somewhere? Does a part of you still love this club? If so, I'd suggest you sack your dodgy manager and focus on reconnecting with what is really important. Too many people have thrown away the pure, straightforward and honest ideals of youth in favour of the more shallow and less spiritually fulfilling adult pastime of dollar chasing. Don't become one of those jerks. Money won't bring you happiness and you can't take it with you when you leave this earth. Better to leave a legacy than to accumulate wealth you can't take with you. We really wanted to believe you were a throwback. A true, tough as nuts Bulldog who genuinely loved this club.

Let's be honest, financially, you're doing ok. The club has looked after you, the fans love you...or did. So, is that kid who loved the bulldogs still inside you? Can that pure love you had for this club still be preserved? We are going through a very tough time as a club and need strong people to dig us out of it. Those who do so will rightly become legends.....but they do need to be strong, so if that doesn't sound like you, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Yours sincerely,

A disappointed and jaded fan
Well said mate, well said. Couldnt agree more.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Passion or not if I was offered double my current pay at a club that has a spine and competent staff I would switch in an instant.

One player cant lead a revolution. He has been trying that for the past two years.

Dont hinge the clubs future on one player, that is unfair.

Ill cop a lot of hate for this but this Klemmer bashing is absurd.

Many players have left the club before him, for very good reasons. Its not just Hasler or the cap, there is more to this than you's think.

Let me ask you- when was the last time you saw the board or other relevant persons stand up for our players- Like the rabbits did for Burgess?

Right. Think on that.

My 2 cents.
He’s in the middle of a contract and a lot has been invested in him. He should honour his own word. That’s pretty much my view on the matter.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They were on the right track, then BOOM! another land mind to navigate around. We’ll get over this, then Jackson will sign with Souths and Lewis will want to go back home to QLD.
I cannot predict who will leave next if that’s the case. But we have had plenty off good players come and go. I am looking forward to the future and I won’t be negative like some but that’s their choice. For me supporting the dogs is all about the club, its obviously great to have top players and was a delight in watching Lewis come through to fg. but the club is what I follow.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck it lets sign Jarryd Hayne. We need a fullback or centre he can play both. Maybe put him inside of smith they will be lethal.

Old Dog 63

Waterboy
Reaction score
Let me assist the board with a media response:

After careful consideration and recognising Newcastle have closed the door on a player swap, the Bulldogs believe that it would be detrimental to continue discussing David’s immediate future with another club.

As such, we expect to see David return to preseason training here at the club in mid-December as we build to make 2019 an exciting time for the club and the fans.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We should not release him, if he doesn't stack up then he can rot in reserve grade till his contract ends.
I think we should hold out a bit longer and try to resolve things, but damn that’s a lot of money to be doending in a reserve grader. That’s the problem, it’s easy for players on big coin to bend clubs over a barrel.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol that’s not what I said at all. And I’m tired of repeatedly re-explaining my points to you. This will be the last time.

Firstly, I’m arguing that they weren’t forced out and I’ve made that very clear.

I think when the club realised its salary cap predicament, it called the players together for a meeting, told them about the situation and gave a number of players permission to test their value on the open market.... the club also publicly stated no player would be forced out and Mbye and Woods have both been recorded on the record as saying they volunteered to go when they found suitable offers. If you have proof either player was forced out, please produce it. All reports at the time backed up my version of events. That doesn’t necessarily mean my version of events is correct, but you treating your own gut feelings of what happened as fact is really irritating, tbh.

I don’t think a club legally can force a player out. The player has to be able to find an offer and if there’s any shortfall between the new offer and their existing contract, the club has to make up the difference. A player can request a release and put the club in a position of either keeping a player that doesn’t want to be there on its books or letting them go... often without adequate compensation. There is certainly no onus on the player or their agent to source a replacement or make up the shortfall.

There are rules in place to protect players in these situations...there is also the option open to players of approaching the RLPA if they feel they are being treated unfairly. If a player doesn’t want to entertain other offers, they don’t have to and can stay for the remainder of their contract, if they choose.

It is also worth noting this board had no control over the salary cap mess they inherited. Klemmer had plenty of control over the deal he negotiated for himself.

The basic crux of my argument is that the club had to clear up breathing space, told a number of players they could negotiate if they wanted to and Mbye and Woods were the two who sourced good deals for themselves and left willingly. Why would they want to stay with a struggling club that had major rostering problems and no real scope to sign anyone new for years to come? That’s what the situation would have been if nobody left.

I don’t think you have any proof whatsoever they were forced out.... you’re just preaching your opinion as gospel as you so often do.

You can accept my argument or disagree with it, but I really can’t be bothered arguing with you about this all night. Either you accept my argument, or you don’t, but if you think you can tell people what to think or dictate what their opinion is, your head is up your reverse pie hole, dude..
The were forced, pretty simple. Continue to ignore the reality of the situation and let your emotions guide you.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s in the middle of a contract and a lot has been invested in him. He should honour his own word. That’s pretty much my view on the matter.
You do know the club has given him permission right? If they said no, we wont even be discussing this.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Common folks - it's all been said.

Don't blame Klemmer and don't blame the board.
He is lookin after his family and their future.
Don't tell me you can crucify him for that.

There are a number of options our NRL could adopt to alleviate things like this.
Like, compensation to the club, by the player or player manager or both.

This aids the salary cap motive by levelling club's rosters and assists popularity by keepin
the comp. closer.
Have you ever heard of a salary cap for European soccer clubs ?

The AFL draft should be looked at - a head in the sand approach wouldn't help the NRL's quest
for Australian sporting dominance.

Our administrators are letting us down - they are screwing the clubs and lining their pockets.
Perhaps some salaries should be published - everyone else seems to be.

Their ideas to grow the game are getting swallowed by most other major sports in Oz - both female and male.

The NRL can go a long way to fixing a number of things - but have they the ability to fix themselves !

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You do know the club has given him permission right? If they said no, we wont even be discussing this.
Possibly...after his third or fourth request.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The were forced, pretty simple. Continue to ignore the reality of the situation and let your emotions guide you.
I will. You continue to make your hollow, evidence devoid assumptions and let your negativity towards the club guide YOU.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Possibly...after his third or fourth request.
and? How do you know that players at others clubs are not requesting releases?

A contract is a contract and the club is ALLOWING him to break it.

You can expect one man to carry the club. What you want is unfair....losing all his mates left right and centre. Being underpaid as a Kangaroos prop (one of the best in the game). He can earn double pay, at a more stable club with better staff and clearly a better fanbase.

Why stick with the dogs? Passion can only go so far.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we should hold out a bit longer and try to resolve things, but damn that’s a lot of money to be doending in a reserve grader. That’s the problem, it’s easy for players on big coin to bend clubs over a barrel.
Eastwood, Foran both on big dollars , both useless last year so there will be little difference. We can just assume he's out injured. I'd rather that than let him go to another club

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a big thing he has done wrong though, isn't it? Asking to be released mid contract during one of the toughest periods of the club's history is a shitty act. It's that simple.
As good as Klemmer has been for us he is turning himself from hero to one of the most maligned players ever for the dogs like you say I wonder if that kid with the bulldogs bedsheets ever thought he would kick the club in the guts that he loves so much,in a time when it needed him the most.
You are right some things just aren’t about money

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me assist the board with a media response:

After careful consideration and recognising Newcastle have closed the door on a player swap, the Bulldogs believe that it would be detrimental to continue discussing David’s immediate future with another club.

As such, we expect to see David return to preseason training here at the club in mid-December as we build to make 2019 an exciting time for the club and the fans.
100% right and Newcastle are desperate for klem more than they are making out hence the stupid amount of money they are paying him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I will. You continue to make your hollow, evidence devoid assumptions and let your negativity towards the club guide YOU.
I'm letting clear logic and reliable information guide me. Answer me this, if Foran asked for a release, would you be outraged?

Status
Not open for further replies.