Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rumour has it the inbreds are willing to pay 4.6 million dollars over 4 years.

Legit, are they insane? No prop is worth that, don't care how good he is.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would you leave your current job for double the money ?

No off course not, silly of me to ask
Most jobs don't have term contracts tho.....
But every here would be gone for double the money....

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
To thi k, after everything we end up with Aiden Tolman as the last man standing in our front row. Fucking hell.

Demand the best Newcastle junior every year for 4 years.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When will. The nrl actually do something about clubs offering players contracts illegally?
What's the fucking point

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Klem doesn't want to leave and won't. Moses signed on to apply pressure to club to upgrade and extend contract, he only gets paid for contract change either here or another club. Done strategically now before preseason training starts, directors want a settled Klem and will offer a compromise extension. They are being coerced to dip into future years to keep Klem, not want the club wants to be dealing with right now but they know they have no choice, Klem too important.
There's got to be a line drawn in the sand and if any player doesn't want to play for us let them go. I don't care who they are the board has got to show some authority here.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Klemmer stays he's rubbed me the wrong way now anyways... won't be the same as he's shown he's not 100% committed to the club... just chasing the dollar

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol

What blame game? The man proved himself to be a self serving egomaniac and a walking fuck up. Are you going to blame the current board for the salary cap dramas and all the other problems they inherited too? Never let logic get in the way of a good vendetta, hey?

Dib had plenty of time to prove his worth and only succeeded in bringing the club to its knees. Pull your head out of the sand, mate. At least now the club is in the hands of people who care about it and not just themselves.
The problem is Klemmer negotiated his last contract on his own & wasn’t happy with the terms;however Woods got in his ear about the benefits of a player manager & engaged Moses to test the market... the Eels &?Knigjts have both tabled massive offers
Klemmer is just looking after his business- it’s not personal against the club, it’s just business these days

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dib is also the reason we have Foran on the books for close to 1 million a season. He’s the reason we signed Woods on massive overs and had to release him mid season.... he’s the reason we are the best part of a season behind when it comes to our inevitable rebuild.

Fuck Ray Dib. With or without Klem, this new board is better for the bulldogs.

No player (or bean counting executive) is bigger than this club.

I really can’t believe there are people out there still defending Dib after what he did to our club.
Agree totally, when you miss o e train ot ,o g before another comes along.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All this shit comes back to woods **** poisoned the water at our club

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If Klemmer stays he's rubbed me the wrong way now anyways... won't be the same as he's shown he's not 100% committed to the club... just chasing the dollar
You're making it sound like a certainty that he's gone. I think not, after all he is our vice captain and has a good friendship with all of the boys. Why the fuck would he want to go to Newcastle?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with the metre eater bit, however there were 11 team's above us this year that didn't have Klemmer. 2 sides of the coin on this one.
we had the ball where it needed to be just as much as those top teams and even more than some, but no teams win without halves... we finally get one good half in Lewis but without Klemmer we might struggle for the same amount of good field position

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If klemmer and Foran go. Load up contracts in 2019 and rebuild for 2020 lolll. I am happy to write off 2019

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where is the NRL in all this it’s obvious the Knights have been talking to Klemmer before they are allowed to and broken anti-tampering rules. Isaac Moses is obviously the third party negotiating between the two! I’d bet if it was us we would have already had a mighty big fine imposed on us.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone seen this?

Klemmer asks Bulldogs for immediate release
Author
Michael ChammasChief Reporter
Timestamp
Sun 28 Oct 2018, 09:58 PM
Share on social media
Canterbury prop David Klemmer has dropped a bombshell on the Bulldogs just a week out from the start of pre-season, requesting a release from the final two years of his deal from the club.

The world's premier front-rower is dealing with a range of personal issues and on Tuesday fronted the club about an immediate release from Belmore.

It is understood Klemmer has been struggling with some personal problems for some time and is looking to escape Sydney for a fresh start with his wife and three children.

Klemmer, who was one of the Kangaroos' best in the recent win over Tonga, and his wife Chloe met Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill on Tuesday to explain his situation and ask the club to be granted an immediate release.

His new manager, Isaac Moses, has been dealing with the matter since Hill was informed of Klemmer's request on Tuesday.

It is understood the Newcastle Knights, who have plenty of money in the salary cap and have been on the lookout for a front-rower to bolster their pack, would be the front-runner for his services should the Bulldogs agree to release the 24-year-old.

Five key matchups of the Bulldogs’ 2019 draw

Canterbury shopped several of their big-name players around this year in a bid to ease their salary cap predicament, parting ways with Aaron Woods and Moses Mbye mid-season.

While the club has been actively trying to restructure its roster, they didn't count on Klemmer's potential departure.

Klemmer, who grew up as a staunch Canterbury fan, has been with the club since he was a teenager and has developed into a State of Origin and international player since debuting at the Bulldogs as a 19-year-old in 2013.

He was named the club's player of the year this year and has arguably been their most consistent performer over a number of seasons.

While he is renowned as one of the most aggressive players in the competition, he was lauded for his maturity during the club's Mad Monday drama when he was photographed helping his drunken teammates into taxis.

While Klemmer's departure would be a huge blow for the Bulldogs, they have Sauaso Sue and Corey Harawira-Naera heading to the club in 2019, as well as unearthing Rhyse Martin in the second half of the year.

NRL.com contacted the Bulldogs on Sunday night but a club spokesman said they would not be making a comment on the matter.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I don’t understand is these articles say due to a TPA not being met he has grounds to ask for a release? That doesn’t make sense as TPAs have nothing to do with a NRL contract. I’m sure we are well within our rights to decline his release but then you have to weigh up if you want him hanging around kicking stones and being a distraction to the playing group.
Taupau isn't even close to being on Klems level.
I honestly wouldn't worry until we hear something from him or the club bro
Let's see if this board has balls or not.
On ya utility you said it all and absolutely true, 707 you are wrong this time

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF we lose klemmer. Its not just about we lose on the field.

The Bulldogs brand name would be damaged near beyond repair.

We are borderline a second tier club as it is lol. This happens, we'll be the raiders, titans and co of the comp
Don't you think we are now?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not news. Just a rehash of recent day's articles

He can ask. Doesn't mean we let him go.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try again, when you miss a train it won't be long before another comes along, my tablet is as old as I am. And Ive never been good at reviewing

Status
Not open for further replies.