Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol dogs are paying partial of most them players contracts who are playing for another club.
Not a chance. Last year yes.

Kasiano = 500ks/ season - Finished end of last season payments
Stanley = 300ks/ season - None off contract
Eastwood = 500ks / season - None off contract
Frawley = 250ks/ season - None off contract
Graham = 700ks/ seaosn - Finished end of last season payments
Reynolds = 450ks/ season - None off contract
B Moz = 700 ks/ season - None off contract
J Moz = 700 ks/ season - None off contract
Mbye = 900 ks/ season - Loading this past season, I highly doubt next he was an in demand player.
Woods = 900 ks/ season - Loading this past season, most likely next to as no one wanted the dud.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The following was posted by Telecrap:

WHICH club has offered an Origin forward an early release that will be of huge interest to the Bulldogs as Dave Klemmer’s replacement? And it’s not Trent Merrin.

Surely this is about Napa right? Wonder who else it could be.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I voted stay. Unless we have a big name player lined up that we need more, and need the money for it, id rather he stay for now. There is no risk of him tanking coz hes unhappy, hes got too much to lose. He would lose his origin spot and Australia spot, and all the extra pay, prestige and endorsements that go with it.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
fuck it Manly made Barrett stay after he resigned until they found a replacement (actually they still haven't let him go)
Newcastle wouldn't release Cogger (not that I want him here)
Cowboys didn't release Ponga when he signed with Newcastle (although Newcastle tried to get him there a year early)

so Klemmer can suck it the fuck up and stay weather that's in reggies or as water boy I don't care...next year is a write off anyway and there's no decent replacements, if you thinking Napa give your self an upper cut....the same for Marty

reality is if we get anyone it will just be another mediocre piece of shit like we attract eg Cogger, Meany, Sue.....we're the team where park footballers come to play NRL and if any turn out any good they fuck off

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The following was posted by Telecrap:

WHICH club has offered an Origin forward an early release that will be of huge interest to the Bulldogs as Dave Klemmer’s replacement? And it’s not Trent Merrin.

Surely this is about Napa right? Wonder who else it could be.
I’m guessing here, but I reckon it could be Papalii. Origin prop, and someone Pay has coached in his days at the Raiders.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DANNY WEIDLERSPORTNRLBULLDOGS
After week of Klem bashing, big Dog shows it’s not just about money
By Danny Weidler
3 November 2018 — 10:00pm
David Klemmer has been painted as a money-hungry player with no regard for his teammates.
A week of Klemmer bashing followed our revelation last week that he was Newcastle-bound after some third-party deals fell over.

Klemmer has not been crying poor. His manager may well be, but not the player.

For the record, Klemmer is on great money at the Bulldogs. I have seen his contract for this year and the next two seasons. I have not seen what he was on last year, but I have been told it was about $400,000.

Other things to worry about: If anything, David Klemmer might be slightly underpaid according to his market value.
Other things to worry about: If anything, David Klemmer might be slightly underpaid according to his market value.
Photo: AAP
This is how his deal worked this year: standard contract $650,000; third-party arrangement $100,000. Then in 2019: standard payment $665,000; marquee payment $125,000; third-party arrangement $100,000. In 2020: contract $665,000; marquee payment $125,000; third-party deal $100,000.

RELATED ARTICLE

JARRYD HAYNE
How Klemmer's Knights deal impacts Hayne's future at Eels
In other words, if his third-party deals fail to materialise, he will make $2.23 million from 2018 to 2020, and more than $2.5 million if his third-party contracts are honoured. Pretty good coin. Not the kind of money that would lead to Klemmer crying poor.

He would hate that his teammates might think he is comparing his salary to theirs.

Greg Eastwood was on $800,000, or close to it, for the second year of his two-year contract, but only $200,000 in the first year. It was a classic back-ended deal.

If Jason Taumalolo is worth $1 million a season, on form Klemmer is worth at least $800,000. So the Bulldogs giant may be slightly underpaid.

RELATED ARTICLE

KNIGHTS
Big-spending Newcastle tempt Klemmer with mega deal
Newcastle have cash to burn and need to pay $1 million plus to lure Klemmer north. Newcastle great and Channel Nine commentator Andrew Johns thinks it’s a lot of money, but also says Klemmer is what the club needs.

Enough about the money. There is an underlying issue unsettling Klemmer.

He is dealing with some personal problems. Klemmer is not a straight-forward person. He has some serious issues with his family and we will leave it at that.

Klemmer is forever grateful to his wife, Chloe, and her family.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
And that moron gets paid to write dribble like that. He spends the entire column talking about money yet the theme is that it's not about money? He also points out that everyone has spent the week "Klemm bashing" but then clearly states that they wrote the article in the first place which starts it...………

If it's not about money Klemm then take a pay cut or go for the same amount????

P.S You can't run from your problems!

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he has personal issues, take time out of the game.

The Bulldogs will give him all the time and support required, as well as looking after him financially.

Personal issues which are forcing him 1 and a half hours north at $1.2m a year? Yeah right

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danny Weiner reported this morning that he’s seen Klemmers contract with us for the 2019-20 seasons and he’s on

$650+$125(marque bonus)+$100 TPA

$665+$125 (marque bonus)+$100 TPA

That means when he walks it frees up $775k of the cap for next season + you would think we currently have $300-400K in the kitty at the minute with all the previous player movements etc.

Leaves us a total of $1,075,000-$1,175,000 of availability cap space.

If Foran goes to Manly and hypothetically we tip in 50% of his contract (reportedly on $900 a season) will give us an additional $450k.

So $1,525,000-$1,625,000 of cap space. Surely we could afford:

Average of $400K each we tip in (plus their current clubs pay part of their freight)

AFB
Napa
Mitchell Moses
Jennings?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Usually when you have problems with your family you either sort it out or cut them off,there's no real reason to move .
Just stick to what it is exactly about money and thats it cut the bullshit.
Yeah i have to move to Newcastle and take up a 1.2 million deal cause i have " family problems "

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On another note, watching Francis tualau play this season he didn’t look too appealing (caught out of position defensively, missed too many tackles and not fit enough) but watching these highlights he’s a lot more mobile and has good footwork. I didn’t pick up on this. Watch for yourself and see what you think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.