2019 FG Squad...Thoughts...?

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
believe what you will.. We did speak to Deano for around 20mins walking to the ground. What I posted was exactly what was said. They are trying their best to offload at least 2 more players. Lichaa definitely one.. Deano not a fan of Brown and he said he was serious contemplating Foran to hooker to give Cogger and Lewis the halves positions! There has been no decision on a home ground as the have next year to figure it out but they lose far too much money playing at belmore so it has been ruled out completely. Kogarah has more corporate facilities to attract us going there but Parra stadium would be more than likely the way they will go. Also Cleeland still in talks to extend contract. Deano said he would have gave him a run to spark our attack especially with Foran injuries but Cleeland was not in our top 30
So Dean Pay, said all this info. To a random. Im twenty minutes.

Unlikely. But A for effort

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
People need to stop being blinded by Martins goal kicking. Admittedly his the best in the game. But need to look at his overall game. First of all someone has to miss out because you cant carry an edge backrower on the bench. Assuming Jackson gets moved to lock that leaves rfm, chn and martin completing for 2 spots. In my opinion looking at there overall game disgrading goal kicking chn and rfm are better than martin. There latrell movement is better footwork is better there both quicker break more tackles and generally harder to handle when running the ball. Only way martin plays is if rfm as well as jackson both move to middle but I doubt that will happen.

Someone answer me this. Why is Martin and Ogden still playing in the isp finals while Lewis and Smith are not? Keep in mind both lewis and smith are both well and truly eligible and both arent injured. Pretty obvious that Pay and the coaching staff see lewis and smith as nrl players while ogden and martin are not.
The try he scored in the prelim with the dummy and slice through the line was great. He's in the 17... anyone who says otherwise is taking the piss.
Holland not in the starting backline ? was offloading at will in the back half of the season, more than any backline player in the comp i believe.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zero tackle put up article this afternoon saying Newcastle has entered the race to sign him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Hoppa (for now.. speed worries me, but not sold on Meaney yet)
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Harper
5. Bergamin
6. Lewis
7. Cogger
8. Tolman
9. Woolford (if he stays and can last 80)
10. Klemmer
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson (c)

14. Elliot
15. Mariner
16. Ogden
17. To'Omagaa

* will always leave Foran out because he's broken

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dude has chalk for bones and rotten elastic bands for ligaments, he couldn't even take a shit without his arse prolapsing and falling through it .
He'd be lucky to make it to trials next year
Yourn discripbit rough, but the facts the money
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Harper
5. Bergamin
6. Lewis
7. Cogger
8. Tolman
10. Klemmer
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson (c)

14. Elliot
15. Mariner
16. Ogden
17. To'Omagaa

Good idea.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
believe what you will.. We did speak to Deano for around 20mins walking to the ground. What I posted was exactly what was said. They are trying their best to offload at least 2 more players. Lichaa definitely one.. Deano not a fan of Brown and he said he was serious contemplating Foran to hooker to give Cogger and Lewis the halves positions! There has been no decision on a home ground as the have next year to figure it out but they lose far too much money playing at belmore so it has been ruled out completely. Kogarah has more corporate facilities to attract us going there but Parra stadium would be more than likely the way they will go. Also Cleeland still in talks to extend contract. Deano said he would have gave him a run to spark our attack especially with Foran injuries but Cleeland was not in our top 30
Why on earth would Dean Pay one of the most discrete coaches in the league divulge the clubs personal plan and secrets particularly about releasing further players (like Lichaa) when you could have been a journo or someone who has an affiliation to Lichaa. Seriously bro! I wanna believe ya but fuck your making it hard. Dean Pay is very discrete watch the press conferences. He is up there with Wayne Bennett type discreetness. I also couldn’t believe Pay telling you that he doesn’t like certain players.

What exactly did he say in regards to brown and Lichaa verbatim?

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why on earth would Dean Pay one of the most discrete coaches in the league divulge the clubs personal plan and secrets particularly about releasing further players (like Lichaa) when you could have been a journo or someone who has an affiliation to Lichaa. Seriously bro! I wanna believe ya but fuck your making it hard. Dean Pay is very discrete watch the press conferences. He is up there with Wayne Bennett type discreetness. I also couldn’t believe Pay telling you that he doesn’t like certain players.

What exactly did he say in regards to brown and Lichaa verbatim?
Further to the above I must add...no competent Rugby League coach at any level would consider Foran a feasible hooker option, with the condition of his body he wouldn’t last half a game in the middle, he’s also too slow. I’m really concerned if you actually spoke with him and these are his plans. If so he’s got no clue and we’re fucked for yet another year.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure why our coach would be speaking so openly about that sort of thing.

Cleeland - Was told by the club months ago he is free to explore other options and would not be re-signed. The bloke is turning 28 next year and yet to debut. That's too old for even the best of players. Club are focussed on Wakeham (now too old for Flegg) and Cogger in 2019 for ISP.

Lichaa - still under contract with the club for 2019 (final year), so unless we've found a buyer for him (and left ourselves short a hooker), it's business as usual.

We've got heaps of players off contract in NSW Cup, it will be two of them, not Lichaa.

Jubliee Oval - With the Dragons now fully sold (no longer under NRL control), they'll lockout Jubliee as their own home ground. WIN Stadium there is development going on around now, and parking is nigh on impossible there. Dogs will use Western Sydney Stadium and Belmore Sports Ground during the rebuild.

Not a snowballs chance in hell. Foz will be in the halves alongside Lewis, with Lichaa at hooker and possibly Brown coming off the bench.
Lift my spirits and tell me you know for a fact that Tez01 is an imposter and telling porkies, or else I fear not sleeping tonight.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Harper
5. Bergamin
6. Lewis
7. Cogger
8. Tolman
10. Klemmer
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson (c)

14. Elliot
15. Mariner
16. Ogden
17. To'Omagaa

Need Sue on the bench bro
Bergs not a FG Winger IMO but I do think he’s a good ISP player. Montoya or Crichton will start at 5.
Lichaa the best hooker we have
Foran needs to at least start the year at 7 as our most experienced highest profile half with a full 6 months of rehab and offseason under his belt.
Love the idea of Harper at 4!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We did speak to Deano for around 20mins walking to the ground.
Who is "we"?

They are trying their best to offload at least 2 more players. Lichaa definitely one.
There will be 2 more players let go in the off season - one will be Leecha the other not sure.
Hang on so in one post it's "there WILL be", and in another "they are TRYING their best".

If you are going to lie, at least try and be consistent please.

Also there are suggestions that we may be basing ourselves at Kogarah when ANZ is being rebuilt but more than likely it will be Parra stadium
There has been no decision on a home ground as the have next year to figure it out but they lose far too much money playing at belmore so it has been ruled out completely. Kogarah has more corporate facilities to attract us going there but Parra stadium would be more than likely the way they will go.
Sounds like a sales pitch from Jubilee Ovals staff. We aren't using Jubilee, we are using Western Sydney Stadium, and some games at Belmore (like every other season).

We might take one or two games to Jubliee (or Leichardt Oval), but will not be based there.

Also Cleeland still in talks to extend contract. Deano said he would have gave him a run to spark our attack especially with Foran injuries but Cleeland was not in our top 30
His manager is on here and can probably clear this up.

He (Cleeland) was told not that long ago he wouldn't be signed by the club and the club have already told his manager to explore other options. He's surplus (and not very good surplus at that), and his defensive liabilities (racing up in defence) as well as only playing 40 minutes a game are the exact reasons the club have chosen not to retain him.

RabiedDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not sure why our coach would be speaking so openly about that sort of thing.

Cleeland - Was told by the club months ago he is free to explore other options and would not be re-signed. The bloke is turning 28 next year and yet to debut. That's too old for even the best of players. Club are focussed on Wakeham (now too old for Flegg) and Cogger in 2019 for ISP.

Lichaa - still under contract with the club for 2019 (final year), so unless we've found a buyer for him (and left ourselves short a hooker), it's business as usual.

We've got heaps of players off contract in NSW Cup, it will be two of them, not Lichaa.

Jubliee Oval - With the Dragons now fully sold (no longer under NRL control), they'll lockout Jubliee as their own home ground. WIN Stadium there is development going on around now, and parking is nigh on impossible there. Dogs will use Western Sydney Stadium and Belmore Sports Ground during the rebuild.

Not a snowballs chance in hell. Foz will be in the halves alongside Lewis, with Lichaa at hooker and possibly Brown coming off the bench.
Spot on Invisible The company that manages Anz is same as the new western Sydney stadium . We will play half games there, half at belmore.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran to hooker just lol. Maybe we should also move klemmer to 5/8 Tolman to fullback and and Eastwood to hb.

Play with a spine of 1. Tolman 6. Klemmer 7. Eastwood 9. Foran

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I recently did a survey that was emailed to me by the Bulldogs for being a member. I am sure that many others on here did also. I am not sure if any of the information about players Pay likes/doesn't like and wants to keep are true or not, and why he would tell someone these things, but I can say that in this survey they asked many questions about if I would like to watch games at Kogarah. I voted yes as it is my local ground and I can walk home so getting on the cans will be excellent. Western Sydney Stadium was also mentioned but there were lots more questions about Kogarah.

I actually hope all of what Tez01 wrote is true, and perhaps, just perhaps it is. I will not discount it purely on the fact of the survey I did. Here's to hoping.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. Crichton
3. Holland
4. Harper
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Cogger
8. Klemmer
9. Woolford
10. Tolman
11. RFM
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. CHN (also covers for outside backs)
15. Elliot
16. Ogden
17. To’omaga

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can’t believe we can’t sign a decent centre and I’m so pissed off that pay didn’t give Cleeland a go in first grade ahead of Frawley......it’s not like we were ever in semi finals contention....it was the perfect opportunity to see him perform with better players around him....he was going to leave at the end of 2017 if Hasler was still coaching but pay wanted him to stay....feel sorry for the kid because all he wantS is an opportunity and I honestly believe he has potential....look at Lewis.....what did he do in nsw cup...nothing special....but put him in first grade with better players and he plays so much better....pay should have given him a go
at least he would add a bit of spark, something we lack

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can’t believe we can’t sign a decent centre and I’m so pissed off that pay didn’t give Cleeland a go in first grade ahead of Frawley......it’s not like we were ever in semi finals contention....it was the perfect opportunity to see him perform with better players around him....he was going to leave at the end of 2017 if Hasler was still coaching but pay wanted him to stay....feel sorry for the kid because all he wantS is an opportunity and I honestly believe he has potential....look at Lewis.....what did he do in nsw cup...nothing special....but put him in first grade with better players and he plays so much better....pay should have given him a go
Would you go this far though?

Tweet.jpg

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Foran @ hooker :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: