2019 FG Squad...Thoughts...?

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Whoops forgot about chris smith who will be in first grade next year. Club rate him , Montoya will be tried at centre definately.
Like what I've seen of him so far. We have forwards and second rowers coming out of our ears. We need one strike centre and we are in there

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like what I've seen of him so far. We have forwards and second rowers coming out of our ears. We need one strike centre and we are in there
Our pack will be one of the best / if not the best. We need two outside backs at the minimum and i think we definitely will be a strong outfit. I believe that movraski (dont know how to spell it) from the roosters would have been a great buy unfortunately tigers snared him quickly. Oates is the only one that stands out for me and i definately will take him. Hoping Okunbor can be something , needs some time. Cerruto is a very good player just has a few errors he needs to cut-out.
8. klemmer
10. Tolman ( he complements our pack in so many ways it's not funny)
11. Chn
12. RFM
13.Jackson
14. Toomaga
15. Smith
16.Elliot
17. Fualolo
18. Sue
19.Ogden
20. Martin
That is some serious depth .

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I get that Hoppa is as safe as houses back there but i would give Meaney a go. Put 6-10Kg on Meaney in the preseason and i think he can be an absolute weapon. Hooker is our major weakness and i am not crazy about Crichton on the wing either but ill put my trust in Dean, would love Rona back somehow after the world cup. Foran is on his last chance but ill standby him, if not Cogger in. Our Bench seems very Polynesian (mistake city, but potentially a lot of impact) but its the best we got.

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Harper/Montoya (Montoya cant play wing ever, see if how he goes in preseason but i like Harper a lot from the limited games I've watched)
4. Hoppa
5. Crichton
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman (turned me into having hope second half of the year)
9. ??? (Lichaa by default)
10. Klemmer
11. Harawera-Neera
12. Jackson
13. Martin
14. JMK (Pay loves him will be in the 17, wouldn't be surprised if he was our starting 9)
15. Sue
16. Toomaga
17. RFM
18. Fualolo

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know that we need to just focus on finding one quality hooker first but I'd like to see the club sign 2, if we look at the successful sides such as Melbourne and the Roosters a lot of their success came when they would bring on Brandon Smith or Victor Radley and play them at lock, it was evident how there speed and aggressiveness in the middle would lift their teammates and how having another player capable of producing something would push the defensive line back a metre or two. The Sharks would do it sometimes if Brailey was playing well then they would leave him on and move him to lock and bring on Segeyaro, you could see the change in the team when they had both on. The Warriors too with Luke and Tevaga.

If we sign a good hooker next year then I'm sure one of our young guys could do the job of the second dummy half, we have two quality hookers in the ranks but I can't remember their names.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dragons have just confirmed that Herbert and Sele won't be retained, free agents or may have signed somewhere already

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sele to Dragons, Garrick to Manly and Herbert in talks with NZ.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We should have a crack at Garrick / Herbert to bolster NSW Cup / fringe NRL.

With Carr and Bergamin gone we are a bit thin in the backs.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Backline is tough to predict as further signings/strong preseasons will dictate a lot. I’m fairly certain about the forward pack though:

8. Tolman
9. Lichaa (if Seggy doesn’t come)
10. Klemmer
11. CHN
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Elliot
15. Sue
16. Fualolo
17. Ogden
I don’t think Martin could have done any more to earn a spot in the first 17. Sue can play prop so Fualalo for mine is ISP.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you may also find that Foran could be playing hooker next year..
I would like to see him play there. Better then our other options at 9 and allows a player like Cogger to develop in FG. Nu Brown as utility to come on at 9 and sub out the struggling Foran with 20 to go or Cogger if he having a shocker.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realise he is essentially a forward, but the forward ranks are pretty full There's RFM, Elliott, JJ, Sue, Smith, Ogden, Martin, Garlick, Burr, Nelson and maybe Lichaa.
The centres are totally different. Holland, Montoya, Hopoate, R.Smith, Harper, Olive, are the best of them.
I believe with the proper pre season as a centre, CHN would go OK. Probably Holland on the other side and Hopoate on the wing.
I get ya, and you make a valid point, though I can’t see it happening at the start of the season it may very well happen during the course of the season if injuries arise.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the club needs to be in the market for another #9 and an outside back. Hopefully we have a little bit in the war chest to attract some quality. I'm guessing our top 30 looks something like this currently hopefully we can let go of one of the ????? and sign (young brailey and katoa) as a package from Cronulla?. I'm really happy with the pack and depth we have, hooker and lack of speed and experience in the outside backs has me concerned.

1. Meany
2. Hoppa
3. Montoya
4. Smith
5. Chricton
6. Holland
7. Olive
8. Harawera-Neera
9. Foran
10. Cogger
11. Lewis
12. Marshall-King????
13. Nu-Brown????
14. Harper
15. Wakeham
16. Tolman
17. Lichaa????
18. Klemmer
19. Martin
20. Jackson (c)
21. Sue
22. Elliot
23. Faitala-Marriner
24. Fualalo
25. Ogden
26. C. Smith
27. To'omaga
28. Roumanos
29. ?
30. ?
Burr
Cerruto

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our pack will be one of the best / if not the best. We need two outside backs at the minimum and i think we definitely will be a strong outfit. I believe that movraski (dont know how to spell it) from the roosters would have been a great buy unfortunately tigers snared him quickly. Oates is the only one that stands out for me and i definately will take him. Hoping Okunbor can be something , needs some time. Cerruto is a very good player just has a few errors he needs to cut-out.
8. klemmer
10. Tolman ( he complements our pack in so many ways it's not funny)
11. Chn
12. RFM
13.Jackson
14. Toomaga
15. Smith
16.Elliot
17. Fualolo
18. Sue
19.Ogden
20. Martin
That is some serious depth .
Very very good pack imo

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get that Hoppa is as safe as houses back there but i would give Meaney a go. Put 6-10Kg on Meaney in the preseason and i think he can be an absolute weapon. Hooker is our major weakness and i am not crazy about Crichton on the wing either but ill put my trust in Dean, would love Rona back somehow after the world cup. Foran is on his last chance but ill standby him, if not Cogger in. Our Bench seems very Polynesian (mistake city, but potentially a lot of impact) but its the best we got.

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Harper/Montoya (Montoya cant play wing ever, see if how he goes in preseason but i like Harper a lot from the limited games I've watched)
4. Hoppa
5. Crichton
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman (turned me into having hope second half of the year)
9. ??? (Lichaa by default)
10. Klemmer
11. Harawera-Neera
12. Jackson
13. Martin
14. JMK (Pay loves him will be in the 17, wouldn't be surprised if he was our starting 9)
15. Sue
16. Toomaga
17. RFM
18. Fualolo
No Elliot?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Danny levi and a good centre should be priority

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we look at signing Pat Herbert from the Dragons NSW Cup. The Dragons have announced he has been released and he would be a great depth option all across the backline

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we look at signing Pat Herbert from the Dragons NSW Cup. The Dragons have announced he has been released and he would be a great depth option all across the backline
I agree. I rate him. He is a gun