Vale: Izzy Forreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi everyone out there in Bulldog land,

Just letting everyone know that Izzy Forreal passed away at 12:33pm today after a five and a half year battle with cancer. He is laying down in his bulldog t-shirt ready for his final match.

The one thing that put a smile on his face, regardless of the suffering was when he heard that Des Hasler was terminated as coach and he was e-static when he learned that Dean Pay became the new head coach.

I will post funeral arrangement as soon as the are confirmed.

Thank-you.
RIP, my condolences to his family

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Terrible Terrible News, Rest in Peace Brother

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
23435030_10213374424462737_5180114713296961777_n.jpg
For all his kennel brothers and sisters here is a photo of Izzy Forreal. I would also like to say we have all taken great comfort in reading your posts over the last day. He really was a great man who had a heart of gold. Someone I was proud to call my dad. Thank you all again for your kind words. Once we have finalised the funeral arrangements we will certainly post the details.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 4313
For all his kennel brothers and sisters here is a photo of Izzy Forreal. I would also like to say we have all taken great comfort in reading your posts over the last day. He really was a great man who had a heart of gold. Someone I was proud to call my dad. Thank you all again for your kind words. Once we have finalised the funeral arrangements we will certainly post the details.
Just hope during this difficult time you and your family can reflect on good times you have had.
Just remember you got a kennel family here you can vent , talk do whatever you need to do .

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rest in peace brother.. Very sad news and my condolences to Izzys loving family.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
View attachment 4313

Thank you so much for posting this. It is hard to imagine what someone looks like, posting behind the anonymity of the keyboard, there is always that kind of ' mystery' about them, so this makes it all the more poignant in seeing him ' in person'. He certainly looks like he was a fun type of guy ,someone who treated others fairly but could be firm when needed and I am more than certain that he was kind hearted and a good family man. You have every right to be proud of him, now and always.

I feel for you and yours at this time having at least a small understanding of what it is like to have a loved one firstly diagnosed with cancer and then to watch them take their journey onto either recovery or to the cruel path of marking time (like Izzy) not knowing exactly when their body may give in to this terrible disease. My husband was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year but thankfully he has just completed his first ( of many I am sure) all clear checks. His prognosis is very good and I pray that he will remain free of cancer, but there is always that thought in the back of your mind. At this time he is very well and back at work and enjoying life.

Your dad's journey must have been a difficult one, not only for himself, but for those he loved. It would have taken a lot to share with us here,but we are grateful he did. In saying that he never ever looked at garnering any type of sympathy and his intention was not to sadden. In fact, it was quite a brave thing to do. He continued to contribute to the banter here and be a most loved member of the kennel. Gave as good as he got and more. I for one am glad he came back after what was to have been his 'last post'. Really showed them all that he was nowhere near done with.

Just like any other "Bulldog" he was plainly a fighter and would not look to back down, hence his comments regarding the medico who dared to set a time limit on him.

I hope that the extra time he got with you all was peppered with more good than bad. Another good man gone.........

Reactions: K E

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To izzys family i just want to say i never had much conversation if any at all i can recall, but always noticed how he was a real gentleman in the way he conducted himself the point where it was outstanding to me.

RIP Izzy

Doggies forever brother

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RIP Izzy. My thoughts go to your family and friends and I am happy to have read your posts on here and shared your love of the dogs.

This sharing of a love for the bulldogs binds us all and a loss like this one should remind us all not to take it for granted.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sad news. RIP. Condolences to his loved ones

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow this sucks. I remember reading his thread way back when he announced he was sick. I am very happy that he got over an extra year than what the docs told him he had. I am sure he cherished that extra time.

My biggest condolences to your family, he will always be remembered here.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really sad to hear this. I picked up early from his posts we were around the same age with similar views on footy and our love of the Dogs. He will be missed. Condolences to his family.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
RIP fella

Wear that bulldogs emblem on your heart with pride reminiscing on the glory days of the bulldogs and your much loved family and friends

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
just noticed this thread. very sad.

you will be missed here champ, rest in peace.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Site just started working on the laptop and I just saw this.

Condolences to his family and friends, our thoughts and prayers are with you all. He was a loved and respected poster here.

I call for a forum hall of fame and nominate him to be inducted.

Status
Not open for further replies.