1. The Kennel is saddened to hear of the passing of one of their much loved members (Izzy Forreal).

Kennelers are invited to pay their respects in the following threads:

Vale: Izzy Forreal

Official Site Statement
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Best Posts in Thread: Vale: Izzy Forreal

1. Izzy Forreal

Izzy Forreal Much Loved Bulldogs Member Gilded x2 Premium Member Gilded

Hi everyone out there in Bulldog land,

Just letting everyone know that Izzy Forreal passed away at 12:33pm today after a five and a half year battle with cancer. He is laying down in his bulldog t-shirt ready for his final match.

The one thing that put a smile on his face, regardless of the suffering was when he heard that Des Hasler was terminated as coach and he was e-static when he learned that Dean Pay became the new head coach.

I will post funeral arrangement as soon as the are confirmed.

Thank-you.

• Love Love x 49
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Izzy Forreal

Izzy Forreal Much Loved Bulldogs Member Gilded x2 Premium Member Gilded

23435030_10213374424462737_5180114713296961777_n.jpg
    For all his kennel brothers and sisters here is a photo of Izzy Forreal. I would also like to say we have all taken great comfort in reading your posts over the last day. He really was a great man who had a heart of gold. Someone I was proud to call my dad. Thank you all again for your kind words. Once we have finalised the funeral arrangements we will certainly post the details.

• Love Love x 15
    • Like Like x 4
    • Best Post Best Post x 2
  3. Serpent

Serpent Forum Regular

Very sad news, on behalf of the 1eyed Eel forum and the Parramatta family id like to wish Izzy, family and friends all the power and blessings, may the road rise up for Izzy and the wind be at his back, may his next journeys be full of happiness and love.
    What a brave and courageous battle it must have been, its blokes like Izzy who are the heroes, not footy players.
    Hats off to you mate, respect and good luck on your new travels.

• Love Love x 6
    • Best Post Best Post x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. TANK 2.0

TANK 2.0 Assyrian King Gilded

Man, this hit me hard. My heart feels heavy.

Just appreciate friends and family while you can, don't sweat the small stuff.

I'm sure you all helped him out with his battle like you guys do with mine.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 4
    • Best Post Best Post x 2
  5. Legend23

Legend23 Kennel Enthusiast

To izzys family i just want to say i never had much conversation if any at all i can recall, but always noticed how he was a real gentleman in the way he conducted himself the point where it was outstanding to me.

RIP Izzy

Doggies forever brother

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 3
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  6. south of heaven

south of heaven Immortal

Just hope during this difficult time you and your family can reflect on good times you have had.
    Just remember you got a kennel family here you can vent , talk do whatever you need to do .

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 4
  7. K E

K E The Bart, The

Rest in peace, Izzy. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and I hope you're at peace now.

Izzy was one of those "underrated" members who everyone loved and respected. He wasn't a big mouth, smart ass like me.

Izzy was kind enough and strong enough to share his story with us and I was always amazed how he used to brush off his pain and talk about his passion for the Bulldogs.

His passion was on display for everyone to see and it will be missed. I haven't been on here for a while but time to time I always pop in and read what's going on with the Bulldogs and Izzy was one of those posters I'd always pay attention to.

My heart bleeds for his family and there's nothing I can say to take their pain away but just know that you will always have his memory and no one can ever take that away from you. He will always be alive as long as you love him. While sometimes it can hurt when you think of him, those tears dry up but the smile does not.

Rest in peace, our brother. You've earned your rest. Heaven has a new Bulldog.

-Andrew.

• Love Love x 6
    • Best Post Best Post x 3
  8. TANK 2.0

TANK 2.0 Assyrian King Gilded

We talked a bit in PM, let me tell you he was tough as nails, a fighter and a down to earth man.

Proud to call him a mate.

Rest now my brother, you will not be forgotten.

Much love to his family and respect to the Kennel staff for the banner and this thread.

• Love Love x 9
  9. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible Super Mod Staff Member Premium Member Gilded

I have posted up a banner as well statement and rememberance thread on the site. :( Flags at half mast here today.

I've also upgraded the account and account details so he shall always be remembered here.

Echoing Bad Billy's sentiments.... We don't lose members here, we lose brothers and sisters from locations unknown.

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  10. dogluva

dogluva Immortal

Thank you so much for posting this. It is hard to imagine what someone looks like, posting behind the anonymity of the keyboard, there is always that kind of ' mystery' about them, so this makes it all the more poignant in seeing him ' in person'. He certainly looks like he was a fun type of guy ,someone who treated others fairly but could be firm when needed and I am more than certain that he was kind hearted and a good family man. You have every right to be proud of him, now and always.

I feel for you and yours at this time having at least a small understanding of what it is like to have a loved one firstly diagnosed with cancer and then to watch them take their journey onto either recovery or to the cruel path of marking time (like Izzy) not knowing exactly when their body may give in to this terrible disease. My husband was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year but thankfully he has just completed his first ( of many I am sure) all clear checks. His prognosis is very good and I pray that he will remain free of cancer, but there is always that thought in the back of your mind. At this time he is very well and back at work and enjoying life.

Your dad's journey must have been a difficult one, not only for himself, but for those he loved. It would have taken a lot to share with us here,but we are grateful he did. In saying that he never ever looked at garnering any type of sympathy and his intention was not to sadden. In fact, it was quite a brave thing to do. He continued to contribute to the banter here and be a most loved member of the kennel. Gave as good as he got and more. I for one am glad he came back after what was to have been his 'last post'. Really showed them all that he was nowhere near done with.

Just like any other "Bulldog" he was plainly a fighter and would not look to back down, hence his comments regarding the medico who dared to set a time limit on him.

I hope that the extra time he got with you all was peppered with more good than bad. Another good man gone.........

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mr 95%

Mr 95% Kennel Addict Gilded

‘Is he for real?’ Yes he was..in every sense.. I never interacted with him..but I read his posts..always said it straight.. R.I.P. Izzy..And condolences to the family..

• Love Love x 8
  12. Interestingg

Interestingg Kennel Enthusiast

Had so much integrity and was so level headed. Legend.
    RIP

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Wolfmother

Wolfmother Immortal

I remember Izzy was one of the first memorable avatars I saw on here.. Loved it because we were chasing Izzy Folau at the time I joined.

I had that 'last post' thread in the back of mind..and everytime I saw his posts I'd breathe a little sigh of relief and joy that he's getting through this..

I have a lot of respect for this guys genuine and dignified attitude on here even when he was more than entitled to hate the injustice of fucking cancer .

He battled it out with such dignity and has been inspirational to many I'm sure.

RIP Izzy I honestly thought you would've beaten it.
    Wish I could've told you this last week :disrelieved:

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. dogluva

dogluva Immortal

So saddened to hear of the passing of Izzy. Such a character . Enjoyed his banter and especially his outlook on things considering what he was going through. I vividly remember the post in which he vented long and hard about his disillusionment with the game of footy in which he also revealed just how ill he really was. Given six months so he " sacked" the bearer of that news.

I would like to send my condolences to his family and friends at this time; know that we do share your pain and be assured that he will always have a place here on the kennel and within our hearts.

Mark Twain ( even though he preceded Izzy by quite a few years) had it right...

" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog" That says it all about Izzy right up until the end.

I am just sorry that the Dogs could not bring on home a premiership for him over the last few years.

Rest well friend, rest peacefully. :(:(

• Best Post Best Post x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  15. Oatley Dog

Oatley Dog Kennel Enthusiast

We may not have always agreed on everything but there was always respect. Rest in peace Izzy. You will be missed.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  16. Hacky McAxe

Hacky McAxe Immortal Gilded

Very sorry to hear. Izzy was a top bloke that provided a lot to the Kennel. My condolences go out to the family. He will definitely be missed.

• Love Love x 6
  17. Papa Het

Papa Het <<<<<NOT ALL>>>>> Gilded

I really would like to extend my condolences

He will be very much missed here on the kennel

I really liked his honest input.
    Here on the kennel izzy was always to the point and honest in his posts

I have much respect for him

• Love Love x 6
  18. Wahesh

Wahesh The Forefather of The Kennel

Terrible loss for our Bulldogs Family and community. Condolences to all his family and friends :(

RIP mate - cheer on your beloved Bulldogs on from the clouds above.

• Love Love x 5
  19. utility half

utility half Kennel Addict

So sad to hear of this news. I remember Izzy posting and saying he was ill and after that initial post we didn't hear a lot more about his sickness...although he would still log on and share his passion/ frustration about the team with the rest of us at tines.... he was obviously a very strong, no nonsense guy and was always very passionate in his posts about the Bulldogs. He obviously loved the club. Hopefully the team has a great year he would be proud of.

Really sorry again to hear of your loss and as others have said there's always a community here for you if you need support or to talk.

Best wishes... and RIP Izzy!

• Love Love x 4
  20. Ecca

Ecca Kennel Addict Gilded

Rest in peace my brother.

:(

• Love Love x 5