100% Footy

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2 parts.. the reffing is abysmal but also the bunker is worse. I don’t know which one you address first but it is really impacting the final product.
first step is to sack their idiot boss Annesley then all the refs who show bias and make constant mistakes (that’s most if not all).

Second start the bunker fresh and get people who know the game who are outside the game, that’s the best chance it has.

third - the rules are a massive problem, bring common sense back into the game.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valid points. Not sure it needs to be 5, as I reckon 3 can work but not against 5.

What astounds me is that in just about every game I watch (Fox coverage), the commentators get it right or at least between them (usually 2) they arrive at the correct decision or at the very least don't make a howler.

Ginnane-Ennis, Vossy-Cronk, even Warren-Flanagan. Warren has a habit of missing things on first view but then corrects himself on replay. That's fine. At least he gets it right.

It's only idiots like Parker, Tallis etc that play to a Qld biased agenda that creates controversy.
With the money in the game extending it to 5 officials I believe will give better results. With the majority decision being made across 5 people. I think most outcomes will well and truly pass the pub test.

Not only will it help with the howler, the decisions made by the people in the bunker will still be recorded and noted who made what decisions.

On reviewing games through the week it becomes apparent if there are consistently bad decisions made by certain individuals. Without their bad calls effecting the results.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You’re 100% correct, Annesley didn’t even mention the elbow, the dangerous tackle or the headbutt, cause he can’t back the ref with that and the have no answer for it.
Or put in jeopardy SOO selections....a whole different agenda going on.....no principles: just agenda.

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You’re 100% correct, Annesley didn’t even mention the elbow, the dangerous tackle or the headbutt, cause he can’t back the ref with that and the have no answer for it.
Was he even questioned about it?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That’s a really good point.

And I agree they should not be in the refs ear during the game.

I have noticed that the refs all have the same personality traits, or lack there of.
Some posters shouldn’t get credit for things that were literally said by others last night. #plagiarism :-):

IMG_6434.jpeg

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
first step is to sack their idiot boss Annesley then all the refs who show bias and make constant mistakes (that’s most if not all).

Second start the bunker fresh and get people who know the game who are outside the game, that’s the best chance it has.

third - the rules are a massive problem, bring common sense back into the game.
I think the rules being a massive problem is a symptom of the bad reffing and over reffing of the game. All these new rules and interpretations were introduced when we got more technology into reffing. I think you need to address the root cause of this which in my opinion is the refs. Everything else is a result of the refs.

That's just my view, but ultimately I agree with you - so many different rules and the rules themselves have grey areas within. It's confusing for the fan and the player.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing with these referees and punishing them for bad games etc is that there isn’t referees lining up to take their place

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I think the rules being a massive problem is a symptom of the bad reffing and over reffing of the game. All these new rules and interpretations were introduced when we got more technology into reffing. I think you need to address the root cause of this which in my opinion is the refs. Everything else is a result of the refs.

That's just my view, but ultimately I agree with you - so many different rules and the rules themselves have grey areas within. It's confusing for the fan and the player.
People has been complaining about refs since day dot. They are human, and are going to call things the way they see them. Sometimes they just aren't in the right position to be able to make the right call and still they need to make one. It's a hard job.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People has been complaining about refs since day dot. They are human, and are going to call things the way they see them. Sometimes they just aren't in the right position to be able to make the right call and still they need to make one. It's a hard job.
Often they are not in the right or best position. They never have been over the years. It is a very hard job where there aren’t people lining up behind them to take on the role. I still believe at the professional level we should have two onfield referees. One controlling the 10m one controlling the ruck. Not interchanging through the game like they did when we last had two referees. The same referee needs to control the 10m to keep consistency throughout the match.

In an age where there are 100 camera angles showing multiple replays in super slow motion. The video refs are here to stay. So that argument needs to be left alone.

The days of saying the camera angles being out don’t allow the video ref to rule on forward passes also needs to change. The bunker can rule on a knock on from the camera but not a forward pass. The camera is often in a better position than the referee.

The referee gets one look in real time and is expected to make the decision. When every lounge chair critic gets to look at every slow motion replay from every angle. The argument that the referee is in a better position in laughable in nearly all cases.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So what's the bunkers excuse with their 400 camera views?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So what's the bunkers excuse with their 400 camera views?
Yeah I mean we can't be just accepting these wrong decisions and farcical rulings like the refs can't be better bc its a hard job and we can't be expecting correct adjudications. They gotta be better.

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Agree, fixing the refs first and the rest will sort itself out.

Lets be honest, nothing will change especially with the fools running the game.