100% Footy

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He actually say that have to watch. Would say the refs are going to screw us but they can’t screw us anymore then they are right now.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Why wouldn't the indigenous team get a hand up every game.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m actually loving that Danny is actually the one who brings it and and he is always referencing the dogs games and pointing out the bs calls in the games.
Danny has been great in recent times. I suspect he has a lot of respect for Gould, and is getting exclusive 1 on 1s with our players due to that connection.

Seems he's matured and really become a decent journo.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This weeks refereeing is the worse in the history of the game. I don’t think there’s been a worse week the Mahoney “hip drop” 20 years ago would be an instant sacking alone, the push in the in goal was laughable has happened every year it’s the shithousery of footy. It’s what makes the game fun other team plays like grubs you play a game of footy the real winner is decided after 80 minutes, not the refs fkn stopwatch.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love Gus, they spoke about the rabbits eels game and just said that when the ref puts the whistle in his pocket south’s can’t play lol.
He’s absolutely right. Souths are great off set pieces. Probably why they always struggle in the finals, the ref puts the whistle in the pocket and lets them play.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This weeks refereeing is the worse in the history of the game. I don’t think there’s been a worse week the Mahoney “hip drop” 20 years ago would be an instant sacking alone, the push in the in goal was laughable has happened every year it’s the shithousery of footy. It’s what makes the game fun other team plays like grubs you play a game of footy the real winner is decided after 80 minutes, not the refs fkn stopwatch.
2 parts.. the reffing is abysmal but also the bunker is worse. I don’t know which one you address first but it is really impacting the final product.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
2 parts.. the reffing is abysmal but also the bunker is worse. I don’t know which one you address first but it is really impacting the final product.
Probably first step is get the rotation of game day refs outa the bunker and have a separate panel of truly independent professionals on rota to man the bunker. As well as stop them game managing in the ear of the on field ref.

A 2 day seminar called by Annesley to redirect the refs as to precisely what their job and role is and point out the falling down of standards and incompetancy is seriously eroding the fabric of the game and it's long term viability.

Something needs to be done about gambling apps and constant advertising in young childrens faces and those repercussions.

Maybe that will afford it some professionalism and competence to try and salvage the games reputation.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably first step is get the rotation of game day refs outa the bunker and have a separate panel of truly independent professionals on rota to man the bunker. As well as stop them game managing in the ear of the on field ref.

A 2 day seminar called by Annesley to redirect the refs as to precisely what their job and role is and point out the falling down of standards and incompetancy is seriously eroding the fabric of the game and it's long term viability.

Something needs to be done about gambling apps and constant advertising in young childrens faces and those repercussions.

Maybe that will afford it some professionalism and competence to try and salvage the games reputation.
That’s a really good point. We should not have refs in the bunker, they should be 2 different teams. And I agree they should not be in the refs ear during the game. I think the current structure is you have the on field ref then you have a ‘senior’ ref who is the one in the bunker and their job description would be monitoring the game from the bunker which creates all this rubbish. I think a lot of it has to do with cost cutting tbh. First thing Vlandys did was remove second ref because of high costs (cutting costs because of Covid) however that seems like it was a cop out because the NRL still got their TV $$$ and now that Covid is over it’s still as is.

I personally think Annesley’s time is up. He should move on. I also think there needs to be a bigger team of refs, and we need to see more fresh faces as I think that will lead to a culture shift. Biggest mistake the media made was putting Sutton front and centre after Black Friday, turning him into the victim, when he had the most appalling ref’d game.

I have noticed that the refs all have the same personality traits, or lack there of.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That’s a really good point. We should not have refs in the bunker, they should be 2 different teams. And I agree they should not be in the refs ear during the game. I think the current structure is you have the on field ref then you have a ‘senior’ ref who is the one in the bunker and their job description would be monitoring the game from the bunker which creates all this rubbish. I think a lot of it has to do with cost cutting tbh. First thing Vlandys did was remove second ref because of high costs (cutting costs because of Covid) however that seems like it was a cop out because the NRL still got their TV $$$ and now that Covid is over it’s still as is.

I personally think Annesley’s time is up. He should move on. I also think there needs to be a bigger team of refs, and we need to see more fresh faces as I think that will lead to a culture shift. Biggest mistake the media made was putting Sutton front and centre after Black Friday, turning him into the victim, when he had the most appalling ref’d game.

I have noticed that the refs all have the same personality traits, or lack there of.
Getting rid of Annesley and some of the old guard is a good idea. A new approach to try and restore legitimacy in the whole running of NRLol is needed.

The public has lost faith.

Refs are like cops (and have their personalities).