News 100% footy with Gus

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone watch it?

My word he didn’t hold back on the media and tore them a new one regarding and how they are bias driven and applying for mates to get a job by destroying other coaches he also spoke highly of Michael Maguire and literally spoke him up as to saying he has a heart of a lion and if he was to be sacked there’s at least half a dozen of players ready to follow him out the door.

I said it in another thread that I had this terrible feeling he was leaning towards Michael Maguire being our coach and hearing Gus speak tonight about madge is giving me bloody nightmares.
Better than Fitler

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its clear that Gus is letting this drag out as he likes screwing with the media and has contradicted himself many times doing so. Players wouldn't have any real idea of whos coming and this can't be good for them, fans are annoyed and the media circus isn't going away..just come out and say it Gus..

Did he not say that he had received applications/interest soon after Baz was gone?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve posted it before, the problem with Balmain Wests Tigers Magpies is plainly not the coach. It wouldn’t matter who coached them they would still be a club divided by factions, each with an agenda to get rid of the other factions. Sheens report should say to allow time for the recently instituted 7 member current board, 3 chosen by the NRL, 2 from Balmain and 2 from Wests, to get things in order. The 3 board members were chosen by the NRL following them giving $4m to save the club from bankruptcy. Currently only 5 of the 7 are allowed to vote, the 2 from Balmain don’t get a vote until they cough up their share. Is it coincidence that the long running dispute over the Balmain Leagues Club site was finally resolved this week following the fire on the site?

Maguire is not the reason they are a bottom team.

Always a Bulldog

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He earns 4 million a year why would he give it up? I fucking wouldn’t to please you lot on the TK:tearsofjoy:
I was actually saying that Gus is a hypocrite, without mentioning the word hypocrite.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bellamy would be shit with the tigers squad i think a hard nosed macguire isn’t so bad

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually wouldn’t mind Maguire to be fair. He’s a hard nose **** who makes his players accountable. He’s just been lumped at the tigers where no matter who the coach is, shit won’t change.
And he's coming to the Bulldogs, who haven't changed their shit for half a decade?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Its clear that Gus is letting this drag out as he likes screwing with the media and has contradicted himself many times doing so. Players wouldn't have any real idea of whos coming and this can't be good for them, fans are annoyed and the media circus isn't going away..just come out and say it Gus..

Did he not say that he had received applications/interest soon after Baz was gone?
Do you honestly believe Gus and the board are dragging the appointment of a coach out just to screw with the media? If they signed someone straight away they’d be accused of rushing in. I can see why Gus is getting the shits with our fans on Twitter

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ve posted it before, the problem with Balmain Wests Tigers Magpies is plainly not the coach. It wouldn’t matter who coached them they would still be a club divided by factions, each with an agenda to get rid of the other factions. Sheens report should say to allow time for the recently instituted 7 member current board, 3 chosen by the NRL, 2 from Balmain and 2 from Wests, to get things in order. The 3 board members were chosen by the NRL following them giving $4m to save the club from bankruptcy. Currently only 5 of the 7 are allowed to vote, the 2 from Balmain don’t get a vote until they cough up their share. Is it coincidence that the long running dispute over the Balmain Leagues Club site was finally resolved this week following the fire on the site?

Maguire is not the reason they are a bottom team.

Always a Bulldog
You could make the same excuses for Baz... Madge got fired from Souths because they missed the top 8 and came 12th with a top 4 calibre roster. What was the excuse for Madge then?

The Tigers have gotten worse the last three years he's been coaching. If he was such a great coach, wouldn't they be improving, not regressing?

His record at the Tigers is 29 wins, 49 losses for a 38% win rate. Is that really who we want to turn the club around?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you honestly believe Gus and the board are dragging the appointment of a coach out just to screw with the media? If they signed someone straight away they’d be accused of rushing in. I can see why Gus is getting the shits with our fans on Twitter
I don't think the board is dragging it out, Gus is.

He said that they haven't received any interest when Flanno has come out and clearly stated his. Gus loves the spotlight and im certain that if there was none the replacement would have been mentioned by now.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For the moment I’ll try to convince myself he’s just diverting attention away by talking up Madge. The candidates so far are a real worry, I hope a decision is made soon and we can get on with things. There’s still money to spend for next year, no player is coming without knowing who the coach is

Malla

Reaction score
Wish Gus would fuck off with his media duties and just shut the fuck up. Coaches and clubs do a good enough job of making themselves look bad, the media don't have to do anything to make them look bad. Gus is also one to talk about the media trying to influence opinions haha. Players are going to follow him out the door? Who cares, they're fucking 13th LOL. I swear to God if Gus fucks this up and we're still garbage next season I'm fucking done.
Poor diddums are you upset? llol you just shut the fuck up and watch footy

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The main issue with Maguire is that many players don’t like him. Attracting star recruits will be a huge problem. Many times the tigers have thrown massive $’s at players and they still wouldn’t sign to play under him

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is the media. I’m sick of him too tbh.
Yeah i agree, cut the twitter and the 100% footy and just get on with it. i dont mind the actual game commentary because its generally not about his opinion and more about the game. sick of hearing from him with all this riddley bullshit and games. just work on fixing the club and keep us out of the spotlight

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think the board is dragging it out, Gus is.

He said that they haven't received any interest when Flanno has come out and clearly stated his. Gus loves the spotlight and im certain that if there was none the replacement would have been mentioned by now.
Gus loves trolling and playing games to divert attention but he’s not going to delay appointing a coach to mess with the media at the clubs expense and the board wouldn’t allow him to

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we sign Maguire then I’ll be so off this club. When the fuck did we get rejects from Other clubs? You can also blame the andersons signing Barrett. We all weren’t expecting him, once again we are back to square 1. Just fucking announce Flanagan, smh.
Mate, we've been getting a lot of rejects from other clubs, simply because when you're down it's a case of beggers can't be choses.
As for Maguire, I have an open mind. but their are better choses around, probably not much better, unless Bellamy is a possibility.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at it & thinking about it this is how I'm reading it -

By Gus saying that if they sack Madge then there is half a dozen players ready to walk is almost like him threatening the Tigers not to sack Madge. This would mean that Gus doesn't want him otherwise he would shut his mouth, take Madge & the pick of those good players that want out.

I am now convinced though that our new coach will either be a current contracted coach which is most likely, or Fitler.

I reckon though Freddy is just in on the whole Gus trying to stick it up the media with their ducks & drakes - they are just feeding the chickens which in this case are the media - and Gus gets off on being in control of the narrative.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus should be on performance incentives. No way would he hire Maguire if he were