Opinion 0-5 season start a strong possibility

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely dissapointed to say the least with what we dished out.
Besides the errors and silly mistakes
And for a season of so much promise
We all expected so much more.

Meaney,Hoppa,DWZ are not what we need,another issue our inability to offload and keep plays alive doesn’t help.
Our inability to support a line break has been a massive thorn for the bulldogs for many years and based on today nothing has changed.
Cotric made two early errors but after that was our most solid backline player.
Things need to change and change fast cause we have Penrith ,broncos,south’s ,and storm
Next four weeks.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There was never going to be instant results, these guys need to play together for a while to gel. There's still players that need to be let go at the end of the year. Possibly we might end up 0-5 and alot of people predicted that.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said that a few weeks ago. Yes it’s been a positive off season and there’s plenty of hope. But we have a tough first month. We need to be patient and not get upset. Results will take time. Take the positives and build on it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Easily considering the team will not settle until round 5.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
1-4 at best, you’d reckon. I do think there were some good signs though. Change takes time. We didn’t help ourselves today...and we are still light up front....but the ref certainly didn’t help us either.,

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the history books indicate that even in many of our best years we a slow starters to a season. With so many new players, it's going to take some time. Today was disappointing, but this was always going to be the early stages of a work in progress.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was always thinking it was going to be a difficult start to the year for a variety of reasons. I did see signs of life tonight but this year is very much a re building year and I think the bubble might have burst for people with high expectations.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I think we will do better with our ball skills and even our penalty ratio.
What WILL kill us is our defence.
I think seriously we are in a deep hole there based on this game.
I think the kennel habe underestimated how soft we are there on our line and I’m not sure how we can get back anytime soon.
Furner must be nervous. We are truly weak on the line.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just hoping for improvement, and we saw little glimpses of better attack, will take a while for the boys to gel, I will say at least we beat our average of 12 points per game lol.!!!

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our attack looked good when we had a chance. Despite having no ball or field position, still scored 3 tries, which should of been 4. Good signs.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’re two good front rowers short imo
Knights big boppers just killed us

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No, it’s not good enough. We’ve signed some decent talent and Barrett’s had an entire off season with them. To concede 32 points in rd 1 is just pathetic.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Think we should start Napa and Thompson when they are available up front. Ogden and hetherington off the bench for impact. RFM should be starting. Waddell can go back to nsw cup. Doorey should be on the bench. Averillo should be on the wing in place of Meaney. JMk to start at hooker deitz off the bench. I’d go with Lewis at 6 for his defence until burton gets here, can’t have too many shit defenders on the side on the edges

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
No, it’s not good enough. We’ve signed some decent talent and Barrett’s had an entire off season with them. To concede 32 points in rd 1 is just pathetic.
There was some soft tries scored, even the missus said it. Pay's defence looks better at the moment.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some of the young backs that played the 2nd half against the sharks in the trial ran with more purpose and energy than hoppa and meaney did yesterday.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
There was some soft tries scored, even the missus said it. Pay's defence looks better at the moment.
Nasheed here,
I promise you with everythang I got that our Pay era defence will be better than this years.
I may be wrong in other predictions, it’s possible. This however you can take to the bank.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I promise you with everythang I got that our Pay era defence will be better than this years.
I may be wrong in other predictions, it’s possible. This however you can take to the bank.
Very possible, but still early days. Hopefully we can sort it out quickly.