“We’re like a bunch of old ladies"

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thebrow

How good is this. I am having so much fun watching the Roosters self destruct. After Ricky came out and apologised to members for being ****e , now comes Finch's turn. Read the bolded bit , I love it.

..........................................................................................

I can win a premiership: Finch
Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Embattled Roosters half Brett Finch is adamant he can resurrect his career fortunes and deliver the Roosters a 13th title in the near future.

The 23-year-old was recently the recipient of a savage blast from radio king Ray Hadley, who claimed the Roosters were no hope of repeating their 2002 heroics with Finch calling the shots.

But when asked today whether he had the ability to bring the NRL trophy back to Bondi Junction, Finch was adamant.

“Definitely. I believe in myself,” he said.

“We were only three points off winning one last year.

“Ray Hadley is paid to give his opinion.

“He’s got plenty of them – he’s got an opinion on everything.

“I do my best and I know I’ll be a better player than Ray Hadley will ever be.

“Once again, he’s paid to talk on radio and write a column – he’s got to fill the pages somehow.

“He’s wrong if he thinks that sort of stuff is going to have an impact on me, though.”

With rugby league great Brad Fittler outside him last season, Finch came within a whisker of winning the Dally M medal after brilliantly steering the club to its fourth grand final in five years.

But without arguably the game’s greatest ever number six next to him in 2005, the Roosters have struggled to score enough points to be competitive – seeing them slip to 12th on the NRL ladder and out of the finals race.

It’s left many critics claiming Finch cannot cut the mustard without the likes of Fittler and former Raiders team-mate Laurie Daley alongside him to ease the pressure.

“Everyone’s entitled to that opinion,” Finch continued.

“There’s been a lot of injuries and suspensions this year to key players.

“But there aren’t any excuses – we’ve come up short when it’s mattered.

“Everyone’s form has been down a touch, even a little erratic at times when you look across the board.

“People can say that (I’m nothing without Fittler) if they like.

“I’m not out there to prove them wrong.

“I’m out there to try my best and do my best for the team and the boys.”

Nevertheless, the popular playmaker has been lumped with the majority of the fans’ and commentators’ criticism for the club’s plight this year.

“It’s the position I play and it comes down to the responsibility that goes with it,” Finch explained.

“I have been criticised a lot.

“I’m happy to take the blame – I got a lot of praise last year when the side was going well.

“I guess it’s fair that I cop that criticism.”

The immense pressure aimed at Finch boiled over following Sunday’s loss to Penrith – with baseless rumours running rife in rugby league circles the Roosters were prepared to release Finch from the final two years of his contract.

But an upbeat Finch said the speculation had not fazed him.

We’re like a bunch of old ladies when it comes to rumours and gossip – football players are awful,” Finch said.

“People start up gossip and speculation and just run with it.

“You’ve got to expect that, it’s all part of the game.

“I’m just happy that Ricky and the club came out and supported me.

“I’ve signed a two-year contract, so I don’t plan on going anywhere.

“I think I’ve coped with the pressure this year alright, it’s just my form has been down.

“That’s reflected in the team, we’ve been a bit erratic with some good and bad patches.

“Individuals can say that right across the board in the team this year.”

Finch said despite Sunday’s loss ending the Roosters’ finals hopes, the club still has plenty to play for over the next month.

“Our attack’s been criticised but we ended up scoring 28 points, which is pretty good,” Finch said.

“Our defence – which holds us together most of the time – let us down.

“We’re probably out of the race now but we’ve still got four games left to show how much pride we’ve got in us.

“We need to build something for next year.”

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i didnt know hadley said those things about finch
lol my respect for him rises now

we all knew finch was basically an average 5/8th

nothing special even with fitler beside him

M

Micko

thebrow said:
Nevertheless, the popular playmaker has been lumped with the majority of the fans’ and commentators’ criticism for the club’s plight this year.

“It’s the position I play and it comes down to the responsibility that goes with it,” Finch explained.

“I’m happy to take the blame – I got a lot of praise last year when the side was going well.

“I guess it’s fair that I cop that criticism.”
is there a word to describe when you don't like someone but respect a comment they made?

T

thebrow

Your right , Finch spoke well . Very cliched at the end but overall spoke it like it is. What I find funny is the "like it is." They are struggling and I am loving it. Six weeks ago and they thought they were the world's premier club.

But enough of the serious talk. Here is a reply I read from a poster named Rooster69. Top shelf stuff.

FOR THOSE WHO CANT BE BOTHERED WITH THE LINK HERE IT IS:

Crap Roosters half Brett Finch is sure his career is over and hopes Soward will help the Roosters win a 13th title in the near future.
The 23-year-old was recently the recipient of a savage blast from radio king Ray Hadley, who claimed the Roosters were no hope of repeating their 2002 heroics with Finch calling the shots.
But when asked today whether he had the ability to bring the NRL trophy back to Bondi Junction, Finch was adamant.
“Definitely not . I dont believe in myself,” he said.
“We were only three points off winning one last year, and if I had the talent we would have won
“Ray Hadley is paid to give his opinion and he obviously knows what hes talking about “
“He’s got plenty of them – he’s got an opinion on everything and he’s got me spot on.
“I do my best but I know I’ll never be a better player than Ray Hadley will ever be even at his age.
“Once again, unfortunately he’s paid to talk on radio and write a column – maybe Ricky can play him at half next year although I would have loved to have him at 5/8 this year “
“He’s wrong if he thinks that sort of stuff is going to have an impact on me, Ive always known I was crap .”
With rugby league great Brad Fittler outside him last season, Finch somehow came within a hair on a spiders balls of winning the Dally M medal after Fittler singlehandely steered the club to its fourth grand final in five years.
But without arguably the game’s greatest ever number six next to him in 2005, the Roosters under Finch have struggled to score enough points to beat the under11 Clovelly Crocs – seeing them slip to 12th on the NRL ladder and out of the finals race.
It’s left many critics claiming Finch cannot cut the mustard even though he goes ok at cutting the grass without the likes of Fittler and former Raiders team-mate Laurie Daley alongside him to ease the pressure., as hes used to riding the coat tails of great 5/8s.
“Everyone’s entitled to that opinion and they are right ,” Finch continued.
“There’s been a lot of injuries ( which I have contributed with my inside pass ) and suspensions this year to key players.
“But there aren’t any excuses – Ive come up short when it’s mattered...although Ive been killing it with the girls off the field though , geez I wish there was a Dally M for that ......”
“Everyone’s form has been down a touch due to me , even a little erratic at times when you look across the board.
“People can say that (I’m nothing without Fittler) if they like , but Id reckon I would struggle with god playing 5/8.
“I’m not out there to prove them wrong.......just to prove them all right “
“I’m out there to try my best and do my best for the team and the boys.....and if my best is ****e I cant change it ”
“It’s the position I try to play but you must remember I originally played netball and when it comes down to the responsibility I cant handle ,” Finch explained.
“I have been criticised a lot but I was a gun goal attack “
“I’m happy to take the blame – I got a lot of praise last year when the side was going well but lets be frank Freddy was there “
“I guess it’s fair that I cop that criticism as I cant kick , cant pass , but I do have a good inside ball ”
The immense pressure aimed at Finch boiled over following Sunday’s loss to Penrith – with rumours running rife in rugby league circles the Roosters were prepared to release Finch from the final two years of his contract, though that is not correct which should annoy 90% of rooster supporters - as it seems he has been pencilled in to play in premier league.
But an upbeat Finch said the speculation had not fazed him , with Rovelli gone Ill be the no 1 half in Premier League.
“We’re like a bunch of old ladies when it comes to rumours and gossip – football players are awful just like me,” Finch said.
“People start up gossip and speculation and just run with it, although I wouldnt mind a run in the local pub comp”
“You’ve got to expect that, it’s all part of the game.
“I’m just happy that Ricky and the club came out and supported me , meaning I could be released at anytime “.
“I’ve signed a two-year contract, so if I dont get released I ‘ll give my all to the premier league boys “
“I dont think I’ve coped with the pressure this year , my form has been down.– but to be truthful Ive never had any “
“That’s reflected in the team, Ive turned them into an erratic joke “
“Individuals can say that right across the board in the team this year. – I singlehandedly harpooned our season ”
Finch said despite Sunday’s loss ending the Roosters’ finals hopes, the club still has little to play for over the next month, other than watching him kick to fullback & wingers on the full , throw crap passes to no-one and other little subtleties which only Finch can provide.
“Our attack’s been criticised but somehow we ended up scoring 28 points, which is pretty good considering the way I play and to be honest we would have won if I had any idea ” Finch said.
“Our defence – which holds us together most of the time – let us down “
“We’re definitely out of the race now thanks to me but we’ve still got four games left to show how much crapola we’ve got in us , hopefully I can put someone else in hospital with one of my telegraphed inside balls “
“We need to build another hospital in the area for next year - so I am helping with the casualty rate ”

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol Gold!!!

M

MrCharisma

Wait til next season, they are going to kill with a decent 5/8th

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not if Finch is still there, Mr C. Give me ANY 1st grade halfback over Finch.

M

MrCharisma

K E said:
Not if Finch is still there, Mr C. Give me ANY 1st grade halfback over Finch.
To be fair, Finch isn't that bad.

He is decent around the park but he lacks that spark which most playmakers bring. He isn't a Andrew Johns/Craig Gower type halfback. He's a support play one like Lincon Withers and Brett Seymour.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
To be fair, Finch isn't that bad.

He is decent around the park but he lacks that spark which most playmakers bring. He isn't a Andrew Johns/Craig Gower type halfback. He's a support play one like Lincon Withers and Brett Seymour.
I reckon he is one of, if not THE, worst halfback in the NRL. He has an international/SOO forward pack, yet he does nothing.

Complete and utter garbage.

M

MrCharisma

K E said:
I reckon he is one of, if not THE, worst halfback in the NRL. He has an international/SOO forward pack, yet he does nothing.

Complete and utter garbage.
That's because he isn't the playmaker... he's the support in the halves. I bet if you got rid of Lockyer... Brett Seymour would shat himself. Same with Lincon Withers... you've seen what happens to the Raiders with Jason Smith is out.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
That's because he isn't the playmaker... he's the support in the halves. I bet if you got rid of Lockyer... Brett Seymour would shat himself. Same with Lincon Withers... you've seen what happens to the Raiders with Jason Smith is out.
Finch is suppose to be the playmaker. He had a few years with Fittler, didnt he learn ANYTHING off Fittler on the roof?

He was a support player last season, this season he's their playmaker. (Withers isn't even a halfback. He's a hooker)

M

MrCharisma

K E said:
Finch is suppose to be the playmaker. He had a few years with Fittler, didnt he learn ANYTHING off Fittler on the roof?

He was a support player last season, this season he's their playmaker. (Withers isn't even a halfback. He's a hooker)
Withers is actually a halfback. He made his debut as a halfback for the Raiders and also played halfback for the West Tigers. He was recruited to the Radiers as a halfback and has spend most of the season playing there. He's only playing hooker while Woolford is out.

He did learn something from Fittler, how to become a support player. Finch has never done any brillance of his own. He works off his 5/8th. I think he is a short term option while they develope Soward anyway...

Look I hate Finch like every other man, but you've gotta face facts. He isn't THAT bad... after all, he was Dally M halfback of the year last season

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
Withers is actually a halfback. He made his debut as a halfback for the Raiders and also played halfback for the West Tigers. He was recruited to the Radiers as a halfback and has spend most of the season playing there. He's only playing hooker while Woolford is out.

He did learn something from Fittler, how to become a support player. Finch has never done any brillance of his own. He works off his 5/8th. I think he is a short term option while they develope Soward anyway...

Look I hate Finch like every other man, but you've gotta face facts. He isn't THAT bad... after all, he was Dally M halfback of the year last season
Withers played hooker off the bench while he was with the Tigers and St George. He can play halfback but that doesnt make him a halfback. Finch IS that bad. He's the worst. I would rather have ANY other 1st grade halfback then Finch.

Dally M award is no big deal. It's a bunch of journo's handing out points to their favourite players.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
ive watched him cost the Roosters at least 3 games that they could of won this season due to poor attacking options and disgusting defense

thats when I started quoting that I would take an unfit out of form Sherwin for the Bulldogs over an in form Finch anyday

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Anthony... did you ever open yours and watch the way how finch cost the roosters most of their games this season?

Look at the wests tigers game from about a month ago... look at the dragons game 2 weeks ago... you can see that it was finch's fault for their losses. Its a fact that Finchstein cant play without fittler because he needs in support.

The roosters would regret for cutting firman and giving him to the cowboys...

DoggiesPride

Waterboy
Reaction score
He uses the same move every single time, the inside ball combined with the hand movement signalling to his players where to run and allowing the opposition defence to read him like an open book.
Without a shadow of a doubt the worst halfback from any team this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.