“Strong rumours” Cameron Smith has signed with Gold Coast Titans for 2021 NRL season

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Heard this a few weeks ago from someone who has strong ties with the GC.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wish he would hurry the F#*k up and make his decision public....

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So if this comes to fruition, how much will they pay him, and what is his market value? Even at his age he is worth close to $1m a season surely?? Can the titans even afford that alongside their now star studded lineup? I have my doubts!! Or will the NRLol just let it slide since they are stakeholders in the titans?
Perhaps I'm wrong on the stake holder bit? Did they not buy the club before it went bust?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm wrong on the stake holder bit? Did they not buy the club before it went bust?
The Titans have been owned by Rebecca Frizelle and Darryl Kelly via a consortium since 2017.

Go Dogs

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Titans have been owned by Rebecca Frizelle and Darryl Kelly via a consortium since 2017.

Go Dogs
In that case there is no reason why the NRLol should not be asking questions if they sign Smith for less then 800k!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So if this comes to fruition, how much will they pay him, and what is his market value? Even at his age he is worth close to $1m a season surely?? Can the titans even afford that alongside their now star studded lineup? I have my doubts!! Or will the NRLol just let it slide since they are stakeholders in the titans?
He will probably join a month into the season on a "reduced wage".

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
So where does that leave Brandon Smith ????

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
this iswhat i reckon is happening

storm have offered cam smith a contract of not a lot of dollars, wanting cam smith to finally retire and stop draining the club of big bucks
cam smith will hang around watching both the titans and storm play the first few games,

if storm are struggling it will give cam smith more power to ask for bigger money and say the storm needs him
if the storm are playing good without him, then he make himself available to the titans at his price, which will be made up of big 3rd party money

cam smith is holding all the cards he gets his coin his way

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

storm have offered cam smith a contract of not a lot of dollars, wanting cam smith to finally retire and stop draining the club of big bucks
cam smith will hang around watching both the titans and storm play the first few games,

if storm are struggling it will give cam smith more power to ask for bigger money and say the storm needs him
if the storm are playing good without him, then he make himself available to the titans at his price, which will be made up of big 3rd party money

I can't wait for him to finally retire whenever it happens...I just can't stand this grub!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Historically the Titans get next to zero TPA's, typical of the Gold Coast, so CSmith would have to generate them all on his own.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that he wants a guaranteed coaching gig. If he does play on this year then he wants a locked in assistant coaching role for the next 2 years. that's with whoever he choses to play with. If someone offers him an assistant coaching role this year for 2 years then he won't play on. Which Holbrook is not happy about at the Titans, he has in his contract the right to choose the football staff. CSmith also has contracts with FoxSports and 9, which have upgrade options if he is not playing on. Money is not a major issue in his decision making process.

Remember with CSmith it's all about me me me ................ his ego will decide what he does next.

Go Dogs

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad thing if he signs as it means he doesn't play for the Broncos.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Historically the Titans get next to zero TPA's, typical of the Gold Coast, so CSmith would have to generate them all on his own.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that he wants a guaranteed coaching gig. If he does play on this year then he wants a locked in assistant coaching role for the next 2 years. that's with whoever he choses to play with. If someone offers him an assistant coaching role this year for 2 years then he won't play on. Which Holbrook is not happy about at the Titans, he has in his contract the right to choose the football staff. CSmith also has contracts with FoxSports and 9, which have upgrade options if he is not playing on. Money is not a major issue in his decision making process.

Remember with CSmith it's all about me me me ................ his ego will decide what he does next.

Go Dogs
He could've been captain coach for the Broncos if he wanted to for the next 3 years. They're that desperate for him to come over that they would agree..... plus way better option than Walters.

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Grub
But anyway, it’s prob all a rort... don’t sign a contract until the last minute, so instead of a $1m contract, it can be only for 6 months and only cost $500,000 on the cap, with the rest probably already being paid to him via some other means as he currently is not an NRL player
Remember, this flog was up to his eyeballs in the storm cap shitfight

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Titans pull this one off and get cam smith then well done to them, especially to Justin Holbrook... i like the guy

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Titans lost to Burleigh Bears in their trial... How does this even happen ? Aren't they suppose to be their feeder club ? If top players are rested shouldn't they fill in for Titans lol