News “I wanted to try something new”: Addo-Carr speaks on move to Bulldogs

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Canterbury Bulldogs winger Josh Addo-Carr has spoken out about the reasons he abandoned the Melbourne Storm to take up a lucrative contract with the Sydney club.

Addo-Carr, who has been a permanent fixture in one of the competition's best teams for many years, is a prized recruit for the Bullodgs.

He is also just one part of the enormous recruitment drive, which has also seen the club pick up Tevita Pangai Junior, Paul Vaughan, Matt Dufty, Matt Burton and Brent Naden among others.

The flying winger is also an almost must pick in Brad Fittler's New South Wales State of Origin side, and is likely to be again in 2022 as he begins his new life in blue and white.
While Addo-Carr wanted to return to Sydney, where he originally grew up, he said it was time to try something new in an interview with the Bulldogs' club website.

“I wanted to step out of my comfort zone, come to the Bulldogs and help lead the club in the right direction” Addo-Carr said.
“I spent five years in Melbourne, I had some great memories there, but I wanted to try something new.”

He also said he hopes to become something of a leader at the club as they look to rebuild from their wooden spoon in 2021.

“Melbourne have got some outstanding leaders down there and I’ve obviously learnt off the best” he said.

“I’ve always wanted to help people and if I can help guide my teammates in the right direction and show them what it takes to win week-in-week-out and be consistent, that’s going to put a smile on everyone’s faces.”

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His wife moved back to Sydney. Lol

But whatever. History can be changed.

Also after the birth of their son, they were thinking of moving to NSW.

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
“I’ve always wanted to help people and if I can help guide my teammates in the right direction and show them what it takes to win week-in-week-out and be consistent, that’s going to put a smile on everyone’s faces.”

LOVE IT!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I personally think he should be our fullback... I can't see Dufty being consistent

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This guy/Vaughn/burton and co will kill it for the Blue and white. fox will rip in an be massive threat, will score plenty if points. AND long rage trys will actually be a reality again. Burton, special talent , will carve the opposition up.. we all know how capable he is.
Vaughn, that smile an positivity to be here at the doggs , massive unit, gives hope and confidence, 22 will be a Great year.. just has that Feeling about it…

I’m fucking EXCITED about it all anyway.!!!! :grinning:

Last edited: