News ‘Wrong decision’: All Blacks legend Steve Hansen takes aim at Dogs board after Barrett axing

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Shut up you prick follow him you wander I hope your next

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks Steve.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anyone know how nuch does Steve Hansen for his once-a-year cameo appearances?

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he hasn't already had his contact quietly terminated, it will now be LOUDLY terminated .... if he had got similar results to TBaz at the All Blacks, how long do you think he would have lasted?

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another bloke getting paid by this club to do sweet fuck all. When does he get sacked

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
If Hansen got to coach the wallabies instead of the kiwis, would he have a 90% win record? why are we wasting pokie machine revenue on this guy that's added nothing.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Preaching a lack of support for barret - yet only once came over here to "support" him himself when he could see barret needed all the help he could get.

Hypocritical

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Champion All Blacks coach Steve Hansen has taken aim at the Canterbury-Bankstown board for starting the search for a fourth coach in five seasons in the wake of Trent Barrett being forced out of Belmore.

Hansen, the All Blacks coach who won the 2015 World Cup, has worked for the Bulldogs as a high performance consultant for the past 18 months and has a strong opinion of Barrett as a head coach.

Barrett was only 18 months into a three-year contract when the Bulldogs opted to issue the coach with an ultimatum — either walk or it’s going to get ugly.

“It’s the wrong decision. It’s a shame really. Yes the results haven’t been what they wanted but there’s a lot of reasons for that and I don’t think it’s Trent Barrett’s coaching,” Hansen told Fox Sports.

“However there’s a lot of pressure on the club and when it’s like that you need everybody to stay strong and face into the breeze and work through the issues that are there and come up with the right solutions.

“This will end up being there fourth coach in five years so it doesn’t make sense to me.

“Trent’s a good coach, he’s not the finished product by any stretch of the means but he’s going to be a very good coach.

“I’ve been lucky enough to deal with a lot of young coaches in my time and he’s one of the better ones.

“It’s not the answer. The answer is about fixing the problems that are a lot greater than just the coaching.”

Hansen coached the All Blacks in 107 Test matches, winning 93, drawing four and losing only 10 for a win percentage of 88.79 per cent.

For the past 18 months he has worked as a sounding board for Barrett as the Bulldogs have struggled for on-field results winning five out of 34 matches since the beginning of 2021.

“If you go back to my very first statements when I got involved with the Bulldogs you’ve got to have stability for a club to grow and get strength,” Hansen said.

“And when you’re constitution allows your board to be dropped every two years then you’ve got board members who when things aren’t going right they get twitchy.”
Steve Hansen needs to go too. He’s never around. As for his record for coaching the all blacks. The team has such harmony that it really doesn’t matter who coaches them.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The "wrong decision" was to hire Baz and get Hansen involved in the first place.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this **** gone yet? Useless waste of salary

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Champion All Blacks coach Steve Hansen has taken aim at the Canterbury-Bankstown board for starting the search for a fourth coach in five seasons in the wake of Trent Barrett being forced out of Belmore.

Hansen, the All Blacks coach who won the 2015 World Cup, has worked for the Bulldogs as a high performance consultant for the past 18 months and has a strong opinion of Barrett as a head coach.

Barrett was only 18 months into a three-year contract when the Bulldogs opted to issue the coach with an ultimatum — either walk or it’s going to get ugly.

“It’s the wrong decision. It’s a shame really. Yes the results haven’t been what they wanted but there’s a lot of reasons for that and I don’t think it’s Trent Barrett’s coaching,” Hansen told Fox Sports.

“However there’s a lot of pressure on the club and when it’s like that you need everybody to stay strong and face into the breeze and work through the issues that are there and come up with the right solutions.

“This will end up being there fourth coach in five years so it doesn’t make sense to me.

“Trent’s a good coach, he’s not the finished product by any stretch of the means but he’s going to be a very good coach.

“I’ve been lucky enough to deal with a lot of young coaches in my time and he’s one of the better ones.

“It’s not the answer. The answer is about fixing the problems that are a lot greater than just the coaching.”

Hansen coached the All Blacks in 107 Test matches, winning 93, drawing four and losing only 10 for a win percentage of 88.79 per cent.

For the past 18 months he has worked as a sounding board for Barrett as the Bulldogs have struggled for on-field results winning five out of 34 matches since the beginning of 2021.

“If you go back to my very first statements when I got involved with the Bulldogs you’ve got to have stability for a club to grow and get strength,” Hansen said.

“And when you’re constitution allows your board to be dropped every two years then you’ve got board members who when things aren’t going right they get twitchy.”

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Uhuh sure.

A team performance on field is as strong as it's weakest link. Knock on Boar was always this weak link. Yet Baz always played him.

Was that the boards decision? Was the team that all played out of position in off season, then changed a few rounds in the boards decision?

No. That's all on Baz.

Pay had us playing better with LITERAL reserve graders.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he had a laundy whinge but that’s not too bad, he supported Barrett but wasn’t really there to see his coaching due to COVID or couldn’t be fucked but it’s done