News ‘Wildcard’ emerges for unwanted Shark – and it could spell trouble for exiled young gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks Kikau is overrated? He almost never plays 80 minutes, is extremely inconsistent and goes missing almost as much as She-Rex did. If he wasn't playing for such a good team, he'd be exposed badly.

I reckon Capewell is a much more reliable and better all round player even if Kikau is more damaging with his runs.
Almost exclusively runs at the smallest players (very fews hard hitups into the teeth of the opposition) and is often wider than the centre. The other Pennies forwards must get pissed off with having to cover for him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agr
Any chance this gets announced today? Could do with a bit of good news from the club instead of the social media 'which highlight is your favourite?' videos that have to include Bryson Goodwin because we've had no highlights for 6 years
That looked sad as hey :grinning:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks Kikau is overrated? He almost never plays 80 minutes, is extremely inconsistent and goes missing almost as much as She-Rex did. If he wasn't playing for such a good team, he'd be exposed badly.

I reckon Capewell is a much more reliable and better all round player even if Kikau is more damaging with his runs.
Na, he's a gun. Cleary is fucking with his minutes, averaging 59 and there all over the shop.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Na, he's a gun. Cleary is fucking with his minutes, averaging 59 and there all over the shop.
He's never really played 80 that often though. He's good against smaller players and average teams but he's easier to contain against better teams. He's also a suspect defender that his teammates cover well for.

He'd probably cost quite a lot and struggle to live up to expectations in a worse team with average defenders around him. If Kikau costs 650k or so and Capewell costs 500k, I'd much rather sign Capewell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's never really played 80 that often though. He's good against smaller players and average teams but he's easier to contain against better teams. He's also a suspect defender that his teammates cover well for.

He'd probably cost quite a lot and struggle to live up to expectations in a worse team with average defenders around him. If Kikau costs 650k or so and Capewell costs 500k, I'd much rather sign Capewell.
From the 2021 player poll

Who is the best second-rower in the NRL?

1. Villiame Kikau 39%
2. David Fifita 24%
3. Isaiah Papali'i 12%
4. Angus Crichton 7%
5. Kurt Capewell 5%

He hasn't been at his best for most of this season but just him being out on the field is enough to unsettle the defence. He was killing it during the opening month and then sort of declined when Cleary started dominating play, all the quality ball seems to go past him with him being a decoy or to the other side of the field. He could also have been carrying an injury for most of this season because his runs defenitely haven't been at his tackle breaking best..guess we will see when he returns from his hammy.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
May be we should consider things he do without the ball. Probably less tries on that left side without him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From the 2021 player poll

Who is the best second-rower in the NRL?

1. Villiame Kikau 39%
2. David Fifita 24%
3. Isaiah Papali'i 12%
4. Angus Crichton 7%
5. Kurt Capewell 5%

He hasn't been at his best for most of this season but just him being out on the field is enough to unsettle the defence. He was killing it during the opening month and then sort of declined when Cleary started dominating play, all the quality ball seems to go past him with him being a decoy or to the other side of the field. He could also have been carrying an injury for most of this season because his runs defenitely haven't been at his tackle breaking best..guess we will see when he returns from his hammy.
The fact that Kikau was ahead of Fifita and Chrichton shows how little that poll means. Papali'i was 3rd and he'd be on less than 300k this season. I'm not saying Kikau is a bad player.. He's a good strike weapon and a nice luxury for a top 4 team to have if they can afford it.

I'm saying he's going to cost a lot to sign and might not be worth the risk when we can't afford to get high profile signings wrong.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't get what people see in capewell besides his sex tape. His a plodder. If capewell is worth 500k then kikau is worth 1.5 mill.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't get what people see in capewell besides his sex tape. His a plodder. If capewell is worth 500k then kikau is worth 1.5 mill.
Haha. He makes linebreaks, runs good lines supports well, offloads and is a solid defender. He's not a superstar but he's a good all round player.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Easy just go out on the piss one night with him and spike his drink. Then drug test him the next morning. The roosters did it to one of there players so why can't we.
Was that the same guy holding the poodle?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

His mins are fcuked because he gets a headknock every game... guy is soft.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha. He makes linebreaks, runs good lines supports well, offloads and is a solid defender. He's not a superstar but he's a good all round player.
i reckon Capewell is alright too, even handles centre ok and beat a rampant Turbo pointlessly 1 on 1 playing there in origin 1.
If Kikau is worth 3 times as much then Donald Trump is NOT a fuckwit lol.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
i reckon Capewell is alright too, even handles centre ok and beat a rampant Turbo pointlessly 1 on 1 playing there in origin 1.
If Kikau is worth 3 times as much then Donald Trump is NOT a fuckwit lol.
Capewell should not come to us because this part of sudney is not cool with LGBTIQ.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is he homosexual? i never stayed up to date with the details of his "indiscretion"..actually cbf with the off field goss mostly.
Either or that doesn't matter i was merely pointing out he is worth more than 1/3 of Kikau, i also think he has gone missing sometimes whilst Capewell puts the whole game in "so to speak" lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is he homosexual? i never stayed up to date with the details of his "indiscretion"..actually cbf with the off field goss mostly.
Either or that doesn't matter i was merely pointing out he is worth more than 1/3 of Kikau, i also think he has gone missing sometimes whilst Capewell puts the whole game in "so to speak" lol.
He was doing modelling when he was younger, was asked about earning some extra $$$ to do a video. He did the video. He didn't know who was on the other side :|

Status
Not open for further replies.