‘We would get our a**e kicked’: Legend calls out Dogs pack for failing to protect No.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely need a second choice kicker, this is where the top teams excel. They don't just have two halves that can kick but more times than not they have a hooker with a very handy kicking game.
In the game when Averillo played 5/8th against Souths last year his kicking game was actually quiet good. And he had a quad injury that game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Definitely need a second choice kicker, this is where the top teams excel. They don't just have two halves that can kick but more times than not they have a hooker with a very handy kicking game.
Flanagan had 11 kicks, Wakeham 4, Allan and Katoa 1. Wasn't as if anyone else wasn't kicking, I just think our overall approach to clearing kicks is still poor.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan had 11 kicks, Wakeham 4, Allan and Katoa 1. Wasn't as if anyone else wasn't kicking, I just think our overall approach to clearing kicks is still poor.
Stands too shallow atm.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Oh suck a dick MG

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone's an expert in hindsight, its up to the individual to not leave themselves too vulnerable and take a bit of bouncing.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our players need to shield him by being obstacles, as they do for players catching the ball, standing deeper is an option also, as well as not waiting till the last tackle when it’s obviously going to be a kick. Kicking early and chasing hard also takes the opposition’s bigger players out of the equation for their next set as they won’t take a hit up till the 2nd or 3rd tackle, by which time the impetus of their set has been taken away too

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I actually don't think Flanagan handled it too badly on the field. I guess our forwards could of been more aggressive towards Graham and whoever else was trying to be a pest.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually don't think Flanagan handled it too badly on the field. I guess our forwards could of been more aggressive towards Graham and whoever else was trying to be a pest.
If anything he probably passed a test by getting smashed so many times and getting back up and playing on. Showed resolve. If that was Foran, he’d be out for 22 weeks.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Geyer has a radio program, so ofcourse he speaks about everything in league. Don't know why people here are getting stressed about the media

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Particularly when he is obviously going to kick. It’s different if we had multiple kicking options
Either that or he has to develop Lachy's technique where he looks like he has all the time in the world :grinning:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our players need to shield him by being obstacles, as they do for players catching the ball, standing deeper is an option also, as well as not waiting till the last tackle when it’s obviously going to be a kick. Kicking early and chasing hard also takes the opposition’s bigger players out of the equation for their next set as they won’t take a hit up till the 2nd or 3rd tackle, by which time the impetus of their set has been taken away too
I agree. I thought our forwards did a pretty bad job of protecting Flanno and so did Flanno obviously from his comment
"I wish he (Elliott) was standing next to me when Wade Graham was trying to take my head off"

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
“It’s a bizarre story because I don’t know what you get out of it. I don’t know what you get out of Adam Elliott coming out and saying ‘we’re going to be guard dogs’, that goes without saying.

well from now on all forwards are on notice, if the opposition try to mess around with our halfback then elliott is going to try to bang their wives

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree. I thought our forwards did a pretty bad job of protecting Flanno and so did Flanno obviously from his comment
"I wish he (Elliott) was standing next to me when Wade Graham was trying to take my head off"
Yeah I agree as well and I actually think it's going to be a tactic a lot of opposing teams will employ to try and fluster Flanagan given our attack will be so reliant on him. Especially with an average hooker with little to no creativity and more than likely a predominantly running five-eighth. Hopefully Averillo and JMK have both been working on their kicking.

On the forwards though, I really hope we see more mongrel from them this season. We didn't have Napa and Thompson in that trial to be fair but would love to get that intimidation factor back.

Malla

Reaction score
I think MG is a flog but definitely agree with him. We need Kyle protected

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Obviously there aren't enough players getting into trouble off the field so these morons have to create some. Gotta get them some clicks!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geyer has a radio program, so ofcourse he speaks about everything in league. Don't know why people here are getting stressed about the media
Social media is built for people who get more stressed if there is nothing insignificant like this storm in a thimble to stress about.