News ‘We’ve got Nick’: Dogs coach casts doubt over star signing’s position

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Agree. Montoya's first 2 games back were excellent but since then he has been back to his shit self. Just can't be trusted to play top level first grade footy week in week out, doesn't have it in him. Meaney has shown excellent development at fullback and we should stick with him. DWZ fits right into the centre spot and is an attacking weapon.
Meany has showed excellent development at fullback? Lol explain this excellent development you speak of?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The ideal scenario is that DWZ makes centre his spot, Meaney improves at fullback ,Okunbor comes back and nails down the wing and we recruit another centre to replace Hoppa.... unfortunately I don't see the ideal scenario happening for us lol
Sounds ideal... Even better Pay gives Harper a shot, kids a natural, we sell Hoppa to the highest bidder and utilise that mullah to get a real hooker!

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Monty’s hilarious...I think he’s making his own rugby league bloopers YouTube vid

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ideal scenario is that DWZ makes centre his spot, Meaney improves at fullback ,Okunbor comes back and nails down the wing and we recruit another centre to replace Hoppa.... unfortunately I don't see the ideal scenario happening for us lol
Meaney offers nothing in attack. Experiment has failed. Ideal scernio would be a back 3 of dwz okunbor smith. Then recruit 2 centres. One of which is Waqa Blake. Blake is absolute freak. In my opinion his the most pure athletic in the game.

Dwz was a outstanding for nz late last year. Cleary is a moron for not granting his wish and playing him at fb for the panthers.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Considering DWZ is better then any player we have shouldn't he play wherever he fuking wants to?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree 100% with Sterlo that DWZ is a winger. Meaneys attack will come, I'm more concerned with his defensive efforts like the attempt on Pearson yesterday
Fittler says his a winger as well. But going back to Meaney if you saw him play last year he did follow the ball thats what i liked about him yet his not doing it now. I think this kid is hesitant for some reason hopefully he will open up soon

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Crichton has been named in reggies so DWZ might be going on the wing.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Does this statement from Pay indicate that this signing on DWZ was not his idea or want?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see him play Center
He needs to get his hands on the ball a lot
Meaney will get better,give the young guy some time

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dallin s a fullback Meaney on critchon wing cause he is useless.
they will be paying him good money ain’t gonna have a fullback on 700 on the wing and a rookie fullback Meaney is a shining light at times.
but dean it’s a no brainer but yet again look at CHN in Reggie’s and elliot is starting

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm happy for them to them to to persist with meaney but geez he needs to learn how to chime in with back line 20 out .. noticed he was starting lurk behind the fowards for a offload

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
“I said, ‘When you start here, it’ll be the best man for the job and that’s how we’ll determine where you play’.

How does that even make sense?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm happy for them to them to to persist with meaney but geez he needs to learn how to chime in with back line 20 out .. noticed he was starting lurk behind the fowards for a offload
Need to show him some videos of Luke Patten. I guess they can swap DWZ and Meaney during the game if need be but we really need someone attacking from the back.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My guess is DWZ will play centre with Montoya outside him on the wing and Meaney at fullback.
I thought it was pretty obvious where DWZ would play, it was plainly going to be centre as soon as he was signed. Of the 3 positions that he can play, centre was our weakest position and so it made perfect sense to play him there. Of course that may change but it's where I would start him.

Go Dogs