News ‘Up the Doggies’: Jarome Luai trolls Viliame Kikau in Panthers parade

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vision of Viliame Kikau in a Canterbury Bulldogs shirt has become cannon fodder for Panthers fans and his teammates.

Penrith premiership forward Viliame Kikau has reportedly been booed by fans and trolled by his teammates at the Panthers premiership parade.
Earlier this week, it was revealed Kikau had signed a shock four-year $3.2m move to the Canterbury Bulldogs from 2023.
But all parties were left embarrassed when a leaked photo of the star in a Bulldogs shirt alongside the Bulldogs’ general manager of football Phil Gould and coach Trent Barrett.

The photo was taken from the club’s security cameras and the announcement wasn’t even supposed to be held until after the premiership parade.

But a subdued Kikau was reportedly booed by some fans according to SMH’s Christian Nicolussi.

While it was a small section of fans showed their displeasure with Kikau, other fans slammed those who chose to boo.

However, the players also made some jokes at Kikau’s expense over the public defection to the Bulldogs.

Panthers five-eighth and larrikin Jarome Luai posted a live video of the bus ride to the parade, zooming in on Kikau and saying “Up the Doggies”.

He and a few teammates in earshot laughed it off.

Kikau also carried the premiership trophy to BlueBet Stadium along with winger Brian To’o, which some fans said kept the jeering down somewhat.

One Panthers fan spoke on Fox Sports News about seeing Kikau don the Bulldogs shirt.

“It’s disappointing, and it’s disappointing to see him wearing a Bulldogs jersey already,” the fan said. “That’s not how we roll in Penrith.

“It’ll still be alright today, but I think when we play the Doggies, it’s getting pretty personal now — the keep taking our players and they’re going to go down.”

Other fans said it was a ploy for the Bulldogs to get an early release from Kikau so he would join the club, a tactic which failed earlier in the season when Canterbury sought former Panther Matt Burtonahead of time.

While Panthers fans, and reportedly the club, are fuming, Cleary showed Kikau there were no hard feelings.

“The better you go, everyone’s value goes up,” Ivan Cleary said on 2GB.

“We’ve had six players in the Dally M position in their chosen spots in their last couple of years, we’ve had six players make their Origin debuts in the last two years.

“At the end of the day when telephone numbers get thrown at players, we’re really sad about Billy leaving and never wanted him to leave but it’s just a reality of life.

“We couldn’t get anywhere near the type of numbers that were thrown at him. He’s set up his future and at this point, we’re happy for him in that sense.

“Billy and his partner Brittany are just about to have their first child.

“He’s set up his future and we’re happy for him in that sense but we’re looking forward to getting him back in the next couple of weeks and focusing on the present and the next game, next job, next year and he’ll be a big part of that.”

After the photo leak, Gould took to social media to apologise for the photo leak.

“I called @PenrithPanthers club today to apologise for the inappropriate leaking of images, taken from security cameras, at Canterbury Leagues,” Gould wrote. “It was not our doing, nor ever our intention, for such images to become public. Out of our control. Apologies to Panther players, fans.”

Kikau himself took to Instagram in an attempt to clear the air on the eve of the parade.

“Today photos were taken of me wearing another club’s colours,” Kikau wrote.

“Me and my manager were told the photos wouldn’t become public until the appropriate time.

“I am very disappointed that didn’t happen and regret the upset it has caused.

“I want the Panthers fans to know I remain fully committed to our club and the team for the upcoming season.

“I can’t wait to celebrate our premiership with you.”

The comments were turned off for the post but has, at time of writing, just under 18,000 likes.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I can't wait until we fkn smash these bogan fucks next year. They got lucky that Melbourne had an off day on the wrong day.

PS yes we will beat them 13+ with Burts and Naden leading the charge, just to rub salt into their wounds.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't wait until we fkn smash these bogan fucks next year. They got lucky that Melbourne had an off day on the wrong day.

PS yes we will beat them 13+ with Burts and Naden leading the charge, just to rub salt into their wounds.
Always makes me think back to when we signed Tbaz , and he had a gentleman’s agreement with Ivan that he wouldn’t poach :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: 3 players later !!! Now thats GOLD.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Always makes me think back to when we signed Tbaz , and he had a gentleman’s agreement with Ivan that he wouldn’t poach :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: 3 players later !!! Now thats GOLD.
Strictly business baby, strictly business....

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Honestly Melbourne played the worst I have seen them for years, could have creamed Penrith and Souths by 20

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vision of Viliame Kikau in a Canterbury Bulldogs shirt has become cannon fodder for Panthers fans and his teammates.

Penrith premiership forward Viliame Kikau has reportedly been booed by fans and trolled by his teammates at the Panthers premiership parade.
Earlier this week, it was revealed Kikau had signed a shock four-year $3.2m move to the Canterbury Bulldogs from 2023.
But all parties were left embarrassed when a leaked photo of the star in a Bulldogs shirt alongside the Bulldogs’ general manager of football Phil Gould and coach Trent Barrett.

The photo was taken from the club’s security cameras and the announcement wasn’t even supposed to be held until after the premiership parade.

But a subdued Kikau was reportedly booed by some fans according to SMH’s Christian Nicolussi.

While it was a small section of fans showed their displeasure with Kikau, other fans slammed those who chose to boo.

However, the players also made some jokes at Kikau’s expense over the public defection to the Bulldogs.

Panthers five-eighth and larrikin Jarome Luai posted a live video of the bus ride to the parade, zooming in on Kikau and saying “Up the Doggies”.

He and a few teammates in earshot laughed it off.

Kikau also carried the premiership trophy to BlueBet Stadium along with winger Brian To’o, which some fans said kept the jeering down somewhat.

One Panthers fan spoke on Fox Sports News about seeing Kikau don the Bulldogs shirt.

“It’s disappointing, and it’s disappointing to see him wearing a Bulldogs jersey already,” the fan said. “That’s not how we roll in Penrith.

“It’ll still be alright today, but I think when we play the Doggies, it’s getting pretty personal now — the keep taking our players and they’re going to go down.”

Other fans said it was a ploy for the Bulldogs to get an early release from Kikau so he would join the club, a tactic which failed earlier in the season when Canterbury sought former Panther Matt Burtonahead of time.

While Panthers fans, and reportedly the club, are fuming, Cleary showed Kikau there were no hard feelings.

“The better you go, everyone’s value goes up,” Ivan Cleary said on 2GB.

“We’ve had six players in the Dally M position in their chosen spots in their last couple of years, we’ve had six players make their Origin debuts in the last two years.

“At the end of the day when telephone numbers get thrown at players, we’re really sad about Billy leaving and never wanted him to leave but it’s just a reality of life.

“We couldn’t get anywhere near the type of numbers that were thrown at him. He’s set up his future and at this point, we’re happy for him in that sense.

“Billy and his partner Brittany are just about to have their first child.

“He’s set up his future and we’re happy for him in that sense but we’re looking forward to getting him back in the next couple of weeks and focusing on the present and the next game, next job, next year and he’ll be a big part of that.”

After the photo leak, Gould took to social media to apologise for the photo leak.

“I called @PenrithPanthers club today to apologise for the inappropriate leaking of images, taken from security cameras, at Canterbury Leagues,” Gould wrote. “It was not our doing, nor ever our intention, for such images to become public. Out of our control. Apologies to Panther players, fans.”

Kikau himself took to Instagram in an attempt to clear the air on the eve of the parade.

“Today photos were taken of me wearing another club’s colours,” Kikau wrote.

“Me and my manager were told the photos wouldn’t become public until the appropriate time.

“I am very disappointed that didn’t happen and regret the upset it has caused.

“I want the Panthers fans to know I remain fully committed to our club and the team for the upcoming season.

“I can’t wait to celebrate our premiership with you.”

The comments were turned off for the post but has, at time of writing, just under 18,000 likes.
How Fucken vile are journos and fans, imagine booing a 26 year old for securing 3 mill for himself and family LOL, fkn embarrassing. But then again half the flops here still “hold a grudge” with sonny bill.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to nrl stats and compare dogs v panthers side by side for the last 15 years we’ve won more made more finals beat them more then they’ve beat us and basically shit all over them. So sick of these new gen fuck wits who don’t respect history

Reaction score

they also got lucky in the parramatta final,
that rookie parra hooker helped penrith bigtime, had mahony been there the panthers prob don't even make the grand final