News ‘Seismic ramifications’: Barrett’s recruits looking for the exit as Dolphins swoop

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ talks about Gus in his interviews far more than he talks about Baz

I don’t see him leaving but if he does then make a play for Haas
Ooooooo good call, forgot about Haas. If pangai wants to fuck off to dolphins then we should go all out for him

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I laugh at how they can generate 25 articles from one shitty NRL 360 segment... I for some reason watched that last night.. As cringeworthy as it was, the shit Hooper and Buzz were making up and throwing out there was hilarious...

They just kept repeating themselves over and over.. Not once did they talk about how Baz deserved to get fired for his shit record.. It was all about Gus and how he lied, how unfairly they treated Baz, Gus has too much control.. Gus this, Gus that. They obsess over him so much it's almost scary..

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Why follow a failed coach out the door?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Qld courier mail back page says gus wants Cameron ciraldo

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nrl 360 = sensationalism delivered by try hards.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trent Barrett’s departure could have huge ramifications for the Bulldogs roster, with a number of high-profile players having signed with the club to play under the former Panthers and Sea Eagles boss.

Playmaker Matt Burton’s future at the club is reportedly uncertain and the premiership winner is able to negotiate with rival clubs come November 1.

Now Tevita Pangai Junior is being linked with a move to the NRL’s newest franchise, the Dolphins, having spent three year under Wayne Bennett at the Broncos.

“This is going to have seismic ramifications in terms of the Bulldogs roster because as much as Trent Barrett hadn’t got on field wins, Matt Burton signed to play under him, Josh Addo-Carr, Brent Naden, Tevita Pangai Junior, next year it is Kikau and it’s Reed Mahoney,” Fox League’s James Hooper said on NRL360.

“So there is already mail that for a player like Tevita Pangai Junior he might look to try and get out and go and join Wayne Bennett at the Dolphins.

“Burton was the big signing for them, and he was also really close to Barrett.

“Another bloke who I know for a fact went there because he wanted to play under Trent was Tevita Pangai Junior.

“There has been strong suggestions today and Wayne Bennett has publicly spoken about the fact that he has a high opinion of Tevita, Tevita may now try and seek a release to go up and join the Dolphins for next season.”

Only a month ago Bennett revealed he would sign the controversial backrower “in a heartbeat”.

Pangai Junior signed a three-year deal with the Bulldogs and would have to seek a release to move north.

The 26-year-old has had his fair share of off-field issues, having been stood down by the Broncos in 2020 for breaching Covid restrictions, as well as serving multiple suspensions.

But Bennett believes he would be able to get the best out of him.

Now uncertainty has permeated through the Bulldogs camp, something these marquee signings were sure had faded away with Barrett at the helm.

The Bulldogs also have two more high-profile recruits joining in 2024, Reed Mahoney and Viliame Kikau, and the NRL360 panel believed they would now be nervous to leave their current sides.

“They would have made their decision clearly thinking Trent Barrett was their coach,” Braith Anasta said.

“Not only that, also thinking there is finally some stability at the club and that the club is going the right direction,” Kent said.
Dont these kuntz know what a contract is??

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As if any player mgr who advises his client to sign for a side isn't aware the coach could change at any given moment haha

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They are so committed to Mr 15 percent they’ve been putting exactly that much effort in on recent weeks. Honestly, anyone who wants to walk over a dud coach no longer being here can fuck off. JAC is the only new recruit who gives me genuine I love the club vibes.
If they had Barrett clauses, and they've "contributed" for him towards a 2/10 win record...thats all the effort they could find for their beloved coach, then they can go.

That kind of loyalty to Baz proved fake on the field and these are not the kind of players we need to rebuild this club.

Any that don't want to stay and put in the work to get back their NRL respectability with, and for, themselves and the club, must go and we will be better for it in the long run if this rebuild is finally handled correctly.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ooooooo good call, forgot about Haas. If pangai wants to fuck off to dolphins then we should go all out for him
The only reason Haas would come to the dogs is to play with TPJ they are best mates. They could both end up at the Dolphins.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What I got from NRL360 is that Ciraldo doesn't want the Bulldogs. I'm fine with that. I only want one coach and it' ain't him.
The Bulldogs don’t want Ciraldo, feeling is mutual… we’re going for proven talent both on the field and at a coaching capacity - our taking a chance on a rookie rubbish is over, thank f###!

Interestingly on Braith’s comments last night on recruitment, I agree with him…why have we steered away from a proven formula? Signing “Bulldogs” type players… there’s specific players that fit that mould, that player who values doing those 1%s and extra reps at training, the never say die and play for 80 mins type. Leaders, Winners.

We should have made a play for guys like Finucane, he’s that Bulldog type, in fact, we made him. Him and JJ ripping it up doing 20 hit ups and 40 tackles each would have led the way, set the tone on the field, demanded those to follow them through their actions.

Anasta stated the club literally broke you on arrival to see what your made of…are you made of the tough stuff? Are you prepared to spew your guts out for your mates under adversity- that’s The Bulldogs way, tackle harder, run harder, play harder, start as strong as you finished - we’ll get there! In Gus we trust!!

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs don’t want Ciraldo, feeling is mutual… we’re going for proven talent both on the field and at a coaching capacity - our taking a chance on a rookie rubbish is over, thank f###!

Interestingly on Braith’s comments last night on recruitment, I agree with him…why have we steered away from a proven formula? Signing “Bulldogs” type players… there’s specific players that fit that mould, that player who values doing those 1%s and extra reps at training, the never say die and play for 80 mins type. Leaders, Winners.

We should have made a play for guys like Finucane, he’s that Bulldog type, in fact, we made him. Him and JJ ripping it up doing 20 hit ups and 40 tackles each would have led the way, set the tone on the field, demanded those to follow them through their actions.

Anasta stated the club literally broke you on arrival to see what your made of…are you made of the tough stuff? Are you prepared to spew your guts out for your mates under adversity- that’s The Bulldogs way, tackle harder, run harder, play harder, start as strong as you finished - we’ll get there! In Gus we trust!!
Ado carr a king and Vaughn are bulldog type players . Dufty.. so many decisions in defence that are below par

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
why would pangai have signed to play under baz? didnt he sign because he wanted to move back to sydney? wasnt gus the one that got him here? dont belive this crap
They make up stuff to fit their narrative. I suspect no one will leave, but some may be forced out of the club if they don't fit into the style the new coach wants.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if TPJ asked for a release. Not because the scum journos wrote it, but because Bennett himself has expressed interest in TPJ. I think he has more pull than Gus tbh.