News ‘Or else you’re gone...’: The Gus rocket that triggered Dogs enforcer’s shock Origin rise

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon TPJ kills it at origin and plays a strong back end of the season with the dogs leading us into a strong run to the top 8 or he takes someone’s head off and gets a 10 week suspension

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon TPJ kills it at origin and plays a strong back end of the season with the dogs leading us into a strong run to the top 8 or he takes someone’s head off and gets a 10 week suspension
Haha yeah I don't see there being an in-between

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely this, it’s rocks or diamonds stuff

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe with TPJ there's been some doubt and uncertainty there regarding getting back to his best.

Maybe he just needed that game against the Titans to show that he is capable of putting in good performances.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ is the best forward in the game when he wants to be.

Unfortunately he rarely gives it his best, but hopefully that can change after Origin.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really hope this convinces him that he has to play at high intensity every game moving forward. He's had this aura as a potential monster for such a long time, but hasn't delivered on it consistently his whole career. A handful of great games strewn amongst a pile of very average ones is just frustrating.

If he returns from origin offering intimidation to our opponents it'd be great. With him and Kikau both having the potential to demolish players, it'd go a long way towards making opposition packs a bit hesitant when they play us.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He shouldn’t be on what is he now I would be happy to see him stay on a lower wage as well as Thompson if not target someone else
I doubt we keep him on a lower salary, unless he really wants to stay and repay the club. TPJ has the potential to be one of the best forwards in the game (hell, he IS one of the best forwards in the game, when he actually pulls his finger out). Especially now that he's an Origin player, there'll be other coaches who'll want him, expecting they can get him playing to that potential more consistently. Unless he has a really shit end to 2023, I reckon his market value doesn't change much.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keen to see how he performs with an elite squad, as well as our full team on the paddock of course (so next year).

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Under no circumstances would TPJ ever get picked to play for Queensland, he will go apeshit for 10 mins, gas, and then miss 10 tackles. CC has hooked him twice since his return for red lining and missing tackles, you reckon freddy is as smart as Ciraldo?

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under no circumstances would TPJ ever get picked to play for Queensland, he will go apeshit for 10 mins, gas, and then miss 10 tackles. CC has hooked him twice since his return for red lining and missing tackles, you reckon freddy is as smart as Ciraldo?
Yeah I’m interested to see how many minutes he does play he hasn’t got the motor for an nrl game let alone origin it’s a level up on speed and intensity ,hope he kills it though