‘Only Team Brave Enough’: History Fuelling ‘Ruthless’ Roosters’ Munster Pursuit Rumours

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Paul Kent revealed the story doing the rounds about the Roosters trying to move on three senior players in Luke Keary, Jared Warea-Hargreaves and Angus Crichton to sign Cameron Munster.

Speaking on NRL 360, Kent revealed he reached out to the Roosters after hearing from multiple people in the game that the Roosters were considering an audacious play to bring the Storm star to the club when his contract is up in 2023.

“The story was that the Roosters were looking at shuffling their roster a bit to try and create some room to get Cameron Munster at the club,” Kent said on NRL 360.

“It came out after the loss to the Bulldogs the other day that there was basically some unhappiness there.

“There is questions about whether the club is going in the right direction. So therefore let’s get Munster in. He is coming up to his negotiations as we know.

“And that they were looking to move Luke Keary, Angus Crichton and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves on to create room in the cap to get him in.

“Everyone we have spoken to over the weekend have all heard the story. Nick Politis is flying home from Greece tonight so he was unavailable, so I rang Trent Robinson today and he was quite taken aback by it.

“He just said, categorically no. We have all had people lie to us on the phone, but he said to me, look if it was true I would probably have to lie to you and say no we haven’t spoken about it. But he said, I can guarantee you it hasn’t been uttered, not one word of it. So I don’t know where this has come from.”

Munster’s manager and fellow NRL 360 host Braith Anasta admitted he was also surprised by the rumours given he has not spoken to the Roosters on behalf of his client.

“I’m taken aback by it too because we haven’t been contacted at all by anyone from the Roosters,” Anasta said.

“I have heard the rumours too. But obviously I am Cameron Munster’s agent and it is pure speculation. The noise is there, but there is no substance to it.”

However, Kent believes the Roosters have shown in the past that where there is smoke there is sometimes fire when it comes to what are considered by many to be very unlikely signings.

“But we have all heard it independently of each other,” Kent said.

“The thing I liked about it was the bravery of the Roosters.

“The only thing that gave it credibility to me because when I thought about it, why would you move those three players on to get Munster in?

“But then you go back and a bloke pulled me aside one day and said, I’ll give you a tip, the Roosters are going to sign Sonny Bill Williams. And I was like, please. And what did they do? They signed Sonny Bill.

“Then all of a sudden Cooper Cronk comes out. Everyone thought he was going to Wests Tigers or maybe Canterbury. The two bottom dwellers who were trying to find room in the cap to sign him.

“The next minute the Roosters of all clubs announce him.”

Kent believes the Roosters’ ruthless pursuit of excellence and winning is why a play for Munster is not such an outlandish suggestion.

“The one club that is capable of doing it is the Roosters,” Kent said.

“The one club that I just love their ruthless aggression to chase success. They are not happy running fourth.

“Some clubs they get to fourth and it has been a great year and all of the administrators have hit their KPI’s and they all get their bonuses and they are all happy.

“The Roosters are not happy running fourth. They are not happy running third or second. They want to win it every year and they genuinely want to win it.

“They are the only team that are brave enough to say to a bloke at a top four club, mate we are going to move you on because we have got another guy who is maybe five or 10 per cent better, but we are going to bring him in.

“Cameron Munster is the only player they would consider to move those players on for.”

Paul Crawley conceded the story might not have legs after Anasta and Robinson’s denial, but the Roosters still clearly have an issue with their halves that needs to be resolved.

“100 per cent the stories have been going around,” Crawley said.

“You have put it to bed now, but does it put to bed the issue that Luke Keary is a five-eighth and he is playing as a halfback and it is not going to fix the problems for the Roosters.

“If Sam Walker isn’t ready to be a halfback now, how does this impact him going forward? If he’s learning now to be a five-eighth and then next season does he become a halfback? How much change does that have for him as a footballer?”

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have to laugh at the narrative and spin by Kent and co.. We have Flanagan in Reserves and it's "where is the duty of care?"

Gus tries to change a losing culture by taking over a session and it's "He's undermining the coach and that's not what a GM should do"

We let go of Reynolds, Tolman etc and it's "they're letting go of club legends and why would anyone sign for them"..

The Roosters sign Walker, hype him up as the next big thing and then spit him out two years later and it's "You have to respect how ruthless they are"

I suppose no duty of care applies to them..
They try and let go of premiership winning rep players and they get praised for it.. Let the Roosters slurpfest never end...

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to laugh at the narrative and spin by Kent and co.. We have Flanagan in Reserves and it's "where is the duty of care?"

Gus tries to change a losing culture by taking over a session and it's "He's undermining the coach and that's not what a GM should do"

We let go of Reynolds, Tolman etc and it's "they're letting go of club legends and why would anyone sign for them"..

The Roosters sign Walker, hype him up as the next big thing and then spit him out two years later and it's "You have to respect how ruthless they are"

They try and let go of premiership winning rep players and they get praised for it.. Let the Roosters slurpfest never end...
are the roosters getting rid of Walker?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
are the roosters getting rid of Walker?
Possibly. It's been rumoured. They benched him a tonne last year. He's been a liability in defence. They don't seem too happy with their investment.

If we tried to move on Thompson, Flanagan and Jackson we'd be getting reamed by Kent and co. The Roosters do it to better players and they're ruthless and get praised for always pursuing excellence.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
waiting for the 'Munster to the roosters on $550k because he wants to win prems'
He'll only want match payments of about 2k per match. He'll probably have to take a second job to go there, but uncle Nick will help him into a million dollar a year job at a car dealership.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Roosters are such a 'fake club's glad I don't support those faggots... I'd rather struggle then become what they are.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think its journos having guesses again. Good to see they don't only do it to us.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think its journos having guesses again. Good to see they don't only do it to us.
The difference is they get labelled brave and are praised for being ruthless for letting go of premiership winning rep players, whereas we get labelled as a basketcase and negligent for letting go of fringe first graders or benching Flanagan..

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You can't make this shit up .... surely anyone with half a brain sees this though. Wonder what Anasta had to say about all this .... or rather didn't have to say about this.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can't make this shit up .... surely anyone with half a brain sees this though. Wonder what Anasta had to say about all this .... or rather didn't have to say about this.
It's a massive conflict of interest. Clearly he's feeding them info or getting them to talk up all of Munsters options to help drive his price up. It's so transparent..

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As soon as I seen tweet about roosters letting go 2 players yesterday morning I thought next minute Munster signs roosters.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference is they get labelled brave and are praised for being ruthless for letting go of premiership winning rep players, whereas we get labelled as a basketcase and negligent for letting go of fringe first graders or benching Flanagan..
Hard to take certain media people seriously when they're morally bankrupt and driven by agendas.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Braith's probably on a hush hush extra incentive to deliver marquee players to the Roosters that he's managing on top of everything else.
Would anyone be surprised? Lol

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't they move on Anasta when he was captain with a year to go on his contract to make space for SBW, Maloney,Jennings,etc ?

Wonder if that memory sits well with Anasta?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Another reason why the NRL should introduce the soccer transfer system.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are they talking about the real type of brave, like someone risking their life to save another or the MSN type of brave, like when a guy cuts his dick off to pretend to be a chick?