News ‘It makes the good times that much sweeter’: How Flanagan found his groove again

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol, who keeps writing this shit
How does a reporter wake up and think to himself/herself that I’m going to drive to Belmore and interview Flanagan. Surely they get zero clicks on it ffs

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FMD the human headline right on cue again. Someone put a media ban on Flanagan, please. Ffs! One win against a severely depleted side and he wants to tell anyone who’ll listen that he has found his mojo again.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I will say about Kyle is that he tries his absolute ass off every game. I am by no means his biggest fan and I still don’t think he is an NRL halfback. He lacks leg speed and also leg drive to make a break. I can’t actually remember him ever making a line break.

He also lacks the power of a long kicking game. Sometimes these things can’t be taught. If you ain’t got it you ain’t got it.

But no one tries harder than him and he should be proud of that.

So good luck in England (or the Wests Tigers) next year mate
One of the best last sentence on TK.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course mate , so do I. It’s probably too late in his career now but he would have more chance as a hooker than a half in the NRL. Absolute competitor. A bit like one of the Brailey boys.

But last time I checked we have a hooker that I wouldn’t trade a bucket of gold for.

Unless this farkin idiot keeps raising interest rates. If that happens piss off Reed and give me that bucket
Nasheed here.
You bring up a good point.
he defends well and passes so he could turn into a great back up halfback. Robson or a railway type as u say.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t see him getting picked up in England without improvement.
The ones that get picked op and make it over there as halves are the zippy talented ones that get a bit boxed in by da NRL.
Brodie Croft, Sandow, that Saints dude.
Brooks and BBO would be good ESL pickups.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is it just me or has he out played Burton in the first two rounds? Even with the sin bin rort.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How does a reporter wake up and think to himself/herself that I’m going to drive to Belmore and interview Flanagan. Surely they get zero clicks on it ffs
I have no doubt his old man or Manager is behind it. Designed to create more pressure on the head coach to keep him in the top grade - it’s clear Oluapo is waiting in the wings

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FMD the human headline right on cue again. Someone put a media ban on Flanagan, please. Ffs! One win against a severely depleted side and he wants to tell anyone who’ll listen that he has found his mojo again.
Then he expanded and said maybe its cause mummas not doing his laundry and meals
Wtf mate

Dogs Rule

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe moving out to my own place may have helped out. I’m becoming my own man,” he said.

“It’s the next stage of my life and becoming a man. I’m living in my own home with my partner and I’m really enjoying that.
Haha did you add this part in as a joke?. Hahaha.....

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bounced back? How can you bounce back when you were never that good.

I thought this was utility half winding us up

Son Of Dogzilla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
By groove .. does he mean the gutter where hopefully he will be kicked to next year, or earlier with a bit of luck.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Will this guy just stfu and let the action do the talking like fmd

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD… what is it with this bloke. I just wish the Tigers would swoop in and sign him for $900k on a 10 year deal..
Won't happen while Brookes is playing so well........................puff piece on Brookes in 3-2-1.......

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kyle Flanagan has revealed how he bounced back from a brutal couple of years on the field to become one of Canterbury’s most important players.

Bulldogs halfback Kyle Flanagan hasn’t had the smoothest ride on the rugby league rollercoaster, but a change in scenery and a new attacking philosophy appear to have worked wonders for the youngster.

After stints with the Sharks and Roosters, Flanagan was seen as the type of player who could help the Bulldogs out of their funk, but for two seasons he was made the scapegoat for their attacking woes.

The 24-year-old recorded just eight try assists from 20 matches last season and was criticised for not getting involved enough, but the early signs in 2023 are that he’s relishing the new game plan under Cameron Ciraldo, who spent years working with superstar Nathan Cleary.

Flanagan was the perfect foil for Matt Burton last week, setting up a try and running the ball seven times as Canterbury’s right edge destroyed the Storm out wide.

The halfback played with confidence and spoke with that same energy on Tuesday, keen to avoid looking back at the tough times he’s endured lately and focus more on the good times ahead.

“Let’s not go there,” he replied when asked about how hard things got.

“When you go through the rugby league rollercoaster, you have those times, but it makes the good times that much sweeter. That’s how I look at it.

“I just feel like I’m in a good place mentally. I’m really enjoying my football and it’s starting to show on the football field.

“I don’t want to get ahead of myself too early, but I’m really enjoying myself and I’m in a good space off the field as well. I’m enjoying coming into training, working under Cam and the combinations.”

That newfound confidence has been helped by a willingness to move the ball with more freedom – something that was missing in round one but clicked into gear against the Storm.

It’s something we should expect to see more often down the track, with Flanagan keen to continue his development on and off the field, which has been fast-tracked by his decision to move out of the family home.

“Maybe moving out to my own place may have helped out. I’m becoming my own man,” he said.

“It’s the next stage of my life and becoming a man. I’m living in my own home with my partner and I’m really enjoying that.

“I definitely feel really confident in my own game. I’ve always had the mentality that I want to improve each week and get better every game. I’ll continue to do that.”
So who wrote this?