News ‘I want to be there for him’: SBW takes Pangai jnr under his wing + other news

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Suddenly I feel sad very sad for the lost $BW the way he has been deeply brainwashed now he is trying to brain wash others in attempt to feel better about himself.
My message to Pangai jnr the change must come from within you trust no one but your mother she seems wise and is the only person that loves you unconditionally...without brainwashing you !
That mysterious camera man needs to find a different job, what does he expect when he invades people's privacy ?
Vaughan must realize the need to be wiser making decisions in life, it can be a fine line and very costly between getting it right or wrong, losing $800k contract is an example !
Scott Fulton can stay at Womanly, we are still recovering from Des-Troyer Hitler...If he is the last good player scout then the game is in big trouble...I don't trust anyone that comes from Womanley !!!

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott Fulton, famous name, but it still reeks of Manly. How did we fare the last time someone with a Manly connection got involved with the club.... we all know how well that went. We are JUST dusting ourselves off now from it.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting how we havent heard from blokes like Mason and SBW during the hard years yet now we are at at the turning point theyre making headlines in connection to the Dogs

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Fuk $BW and all his baggage Brother's. Agenda is afoot me thinks.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how much I would want $BW "guiding careers" tbh. Guide your own life TPJ, obviously you have a great Mum in your corner, your getting married and having a bub (Congrats). That should be enough to sort your life out without $BW in your ear.

What a pussy that media guy is. What Vaughan said is nothing. They invade their privacy so every now and then you can expect a person to "not be in the mood" and cope a few words for it.

Interesting that a Fulton would want to come to us? What's happening at Manly when such a well known surname want's to jump ship? Looking for a pay day or not happy?
Maybe Des is talking about off loading or blocking via new signings some of Scott's 'juniors' that he brought over. The game of Desball might be starting all over again ... actually it would be funny if it was.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Maybe Des is talking about off loading or blocking via new signings some of Scott's 'juniors' that he brought over. The game of Desball might be starting all over again ... actually it would be funny if it was.
Take Turbo out of the team and they are lol. I would love to see Des destroy Manly, that would make my decade.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe DesNut is sending in a spy. Destroying us from deeper this time?

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A good spotting though :smiley:
He is worth about 30 points a game :smiley:
If he can just spot one of them I will be happy :smiley:
Yh na he wront I wish he can if he comes then he will bring flops like he did with Dylan walker and Cade cust and shit

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs recruit Tevita Pangai jnr has made a promise to his mother to show the NRL world the person he really is, and Sonny Bill Williamssays he will do his best to ensure that happens.Pangai has revealed that his mother, Olivia, lectured him about his move to Sydney, saying it was about time he became the person she knows he can be. Broncos forward Pangai signed with the Dogs on Wednesday for three years but will finish this season with Penrith.

“I had offers to go to Sydney in the past,” Pangai said. “I wasn’t ready. I’m now at a different point in my life ... I’m going to get married and I’m becoming a dad. I’m maturing slowly. My mum sat me down when I signed and told me what a good person I am and it’s time for me to show that to the rest of the world.”
And to help him get there, SBW is taking him under his wing.

“He will settle in our area and I want to be there for him,” Williams said. “I have the experience and being a Muslim is about sharing your knowledge. I want to share it with Tevita. He is smart man and I want to see him thrive.”
How far Tevita Pangai jnr goes in rugby league is up to him, says Sonny Bill Williams.

How far Tevita Pangai jnr goes in rugby league is up to him, says Sonny Bill Williams.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS, GETTY
SBW met Pangai through former Queensland Reds and Wallabies star Quade Cooper.
“I have seen the training he does. I know the improved approach he has taken towards that and diet. I know, like Tevita knows, that he hasn’t given himself the best chance to be the best player he can be. I think he can change that and I can help him.”
Does SBW think Pangai – who said during the week that Williams was among his heroes as a kid – can fulfil his potential and be the most devastating forward in the game?

“I know you want that headline,” he said. “What I can say is that as a Pasifika player he has the genetics and physicality to be that ... he is in the group with [Payne] Haas, [David] Fifita and [Viliame] Kikau, and how far he goes is up to him.”

Double trouble
Former Dragons forward Paul Vaughan is facing a fresh investigation by the NRL integrity unit, and it is becoming more clear every day that he needs new Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould in his life to get it back on track.With a contract waiting for him at Belmore, Vaughan has another issue on his hands after allegedly abusing a cameraman while visiting a cafe. The matter has been referred to the NRL and, while it’s not earth shattering, it shows he still has a long way to go before clubs will put their faith in him again. The cameraman provided details to the NRL.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in...lympic-inclusion-in-2032-20210724-p58cle.html

“After I ordered my coffee, I went outside and waited patiently, minding my business and scrolling through my news feed,” the cameraman said. “Paul Vaughan pulled up in his Jeep across the street and got out to pick up his two coffees that he ordered ahead. On his way out of the coffee shop, he turns to me and said, ‘Did you get what you wanted the other week, you f---ing weasel’.
“He was referencing to me filming him two weeks ago on his walk, a few days after he was outed for hosting a barbecue at his residence. He said this to me ... in front of five people.”
The cameraman was clearly rattled by the altercation.
“When questioned about the media outside his house on the NRL 360 on Fox Sports two weeks ago, he said he is changing his attitude and understands the media has a job to do,” the cameraman, who wished to remain nameless, said. “But I think his actions today prove otherwise.”
Vaughan did not respond when contacted for comment.

Gone to the Dogs?
There is an interesting development going on behind the scenes at the Bulldogs when it comes to recruitment – one that would be a concern for coach Trent Barrett. A leading player agent is pushing Canterbury chairman John Khoury to recruit a man who has built the junior base at the Sea Eagles, Scott Fulton. He has played a significant role in picking the eyes out of the best young western Sydney talent and placing them with Manly.
Manly coach Des Hasler is benefiting immensely from Fulton’s sharp eye. The policy of setting up a feeder team at Blacktown has been a masterstroke.

The Bulldogs know their rebuild will be long and painful, despite some very flashy recruits – headed by Matt Burton, Josh Addo-Carr and Matt Dufty – but targeting a Fulton would be a fascinating development, as the name is so synonymous with the Sea Eagles.
Khoury is new to the chairman’s position and some have tried to paint him as naive when it comes to league. He is well aware of the history between Barrett and the Fultons. After a united beginning at Manly, the late Bob Fulton and Barrett had a significant falling-out. Fulton was not impressed with Barrett’s stint at the Eagles and wasn’t sad when he left.
Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett.

Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett.CREDIT:GETTY
Bob is widely regarded as the greatest Sea Eagle of all. The man who guided his career, Manly godfather Ken Arthurson, and his Bulldogs counterpart Peter Moore had an agreement that the two clubs would not poach talent from each other.
New Bulldogs general manager of football Phil Gould will be called on to decide on any move for Scott Fulton. It’s hard to imagine Gould putting Barrett in a position where he would feel awkward.
Geez that cameraman is weak. He complains about that! Maybe Vaughan should follow him around with a camera & see how he feels about it. If the NRL integrity dept. do anything about this then they are going over board.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just after signing a 5 year deal that was at the time massive. All because he was listening to his mates telling him he should get it in cash so he can buy a house outright because his religion hates debt. I agree! Fuk him!
And even better he went into HUGE debt with Mundine to pay the Bulldogs out & went into boxing slavery to pay it off.

Last edited: