News ‘I want to be there for him’: SBW takes Pangai jnr under his wing + other news

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs recruit Tevita Pangai jnr has made a promise to his mother to show the NRL world the person he really is, and Sonny Bill Williamssays he will do his best to ensure that happens.Pangai has revealed that his mother, Olivia, lectured him about his move to Sydney, saying it was about time he became the person she knows he can be. Broncos forward Pangai signed with the Dogs on Wednesday for three years but will finish this season with Penrith.

“I had offers to go to Sydney in the past,” Pangai said. “I wasn’t ready. I’m now at a different point in my life ... I’m going to get married and I’m becoming a dad. I’m maturing slowly. My mum sat me down when I signed and told me what a good person I am and it’s time for me to show that to the rest of the world.”
And to help him get there, SBW is taking him under his wing.

“He will settle in our area and I want to be there for him,” Williams said. “I have the experience and being a Muslim is about sharing your knowledge. I want to share it with Tevita. He is smart man and I want to see him thrive.”
How far Tevita Pangai jnr goes in rugby league is up to him, says Sonny Bill Williams.

How far Tevita Pangai jnr goes in rugby league is up to him, says Sonny Bill Williams.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS, GETTY
SBW met Pangai through former Queensland Reds and Wallabies star Quade Cooper.
“I have seen the training he does. I know the improved approach he has taken towards that and diet. I know, like Tevita knows, that he hasn’t given himself the best chance to be the best player he can be. I think he can change that and I can help him.”
Does SBW think Pangai – who said during the week that Williams was among his heroes as a kid – can fulfil his potential and be the most devastating forward in the game?

“I know you want that headline,” he said. “What I can say is that as a Pasifika player he has the genetics and physicality to be that ... he is in the group with [Payne] Haas, [David] Fifita and [Viliame] Kikau, and how far he goes is up to him.”

Double trouble
Former Dragons forward Paul Vaughan is facing a fresh investigation by the NRL integrity unit, and it is becoming more clear every day that he needs new Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould in his life to get it back on track.With a contract waiting for him at Belmore, Vaughan has another issue on his hands after allegedly abusing a cameraman while visiting a cafe. The matter has been referred to the NRL and, while it’s not earth shattering, it shows he still has a long way to go before clubs will put their faith in him again. The cameraman provided details to the NRL.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in...lympic-inclusion-in-2032-20210724-p58cle.html

“After I ordered my coffee, I went outside and waited patiently, minding my business and scrolling through my news feed,” the cameraman said. “Paul Vaughan pulled up in his Jeep across the street and got out to pick up his two coffees that he ordered ahead. On his way out of the coffee shop, he turns to me and said, ‘Did you get what you wanted the other week, you f---ing weasel’.
“He was referencing to me filming him two weeks ago on his walk, a few days after he was outed for hosting a barbecue at his residence. He said this to me ... in front of five people.”
The cameraman was clearly rattled by the altercation.
“When questioned about the media outside his house on the NRL 360 on Fox Sports two weeks ago, he said he is changing his attitude and understands the media has a job to do,” the cameraman, who wished to remain nameless, said. “But I think his actions today prove otherwise.”
Vaughan did not respond when contacted for comment.

Gone to the Dogs?
There is an interesting development going on behind the scenes at the Bulldogs when it comes to recruitment – one that would be a concern for coach Trent Barrett. A leading player agent is pushing Canterbury chairman John Khoury to recruit a man who has built the junior base at the Sea Eagles, Scott Fulton. He has played a significant role in picking the eyes out of the best young western Sydney talent and placing them with Manly.
Manly coach Des Hasler is benefiting immensely from Fulton’s sharp eye. The policy of setting up a feeder team at Blacktown has been a masterstroke.

The Bulldogs know their rebuild will be long and painful, despite some very flashy recruits – headed by Matt Burton, Josh Addo-Carr and Matt Dufty – but targeting a Fulton would be a fascinating development, as the name is so synonymous with the Sea Eagles.
Khoury is new to the chairman’s position and some have tried to paint him as naive when it comes to league. He is well aware of the history between Barrett and the Fultons. After a united beginning at Manly, the late Bob Fulton and Barrett had a significant falling-out. Fulton was not impressed with Barrett’s stint at the Eagles and wasn’t sad when he left.
Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett.

Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett.CREDIT:GETTY
Bob is widely regarded as the greatest Sea Eagle of all. The man who guided his career, Manly godfather Ken Arthurson, and his Bulldogs counterpart Peter Moore had an agreement that the two clubs would not poach talent from each other.
New Bulldogs general manager of football Phil Gould will be called on to decide on any move for Scott Fulton. It’s hard to imagine Gould putting Barrett in a position where he would feel awkward.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs recruit Tevita Pangai jnr has made a promise to his mother to show the NRL world the person he really is, and Sonny Bill Williamssays he will do his best to ensure that happens.Pangai has revealed that his mother, Olivia, lectured him about his move to Sydney, saying it was about time he became the person she knows he can be. Broncos forward Pangai signed with the Dogs on Wednesday for three years but will finish this season with Penrith.

“I had offers to go to Sydney in the past,” Pangai said. “I wasn’t ready. I’m now at a different point in my life ... I’m going to get married and I’m becoming a dad. I’m maturing slowly. My mum sat me down when I signed and told me what a good person I am and it’s time for me to show that to the rest of the world.”
And to help him get there, SBW is taking him under his wing.

“He will settle in our area and I want to be there for him,” Williams said. “I have the experience and being a Muslim is about sharing your knowledge. I want to share it with Tevita. He is smart man and I want to see him thrive.”
How far Tevita Pangai jnr goes in rugby league is up to him, says Sonny Bill Williams.

How far Tevita Pangai jnr goes in rugby league is up to him, says Sonny Bill Williams.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS, GETTY
SBW met Pangai through former Queensland Reds and Wallabies star Quade Cooper.
“I have seen the training he does. I know the improved approach he has taken towards that and diet. I know, like Tevita knows, that he hasn’t given himself the best chance to be the best player he can be. I think he can change that and I can help him.”
Does SBW think Pangai – who said during the week that Williams was among his heroes as a kid – can fulfil his potential and be the most devastating forward in the game?

“I know you want that headline,” he said. “What I can say is that as a Pasifika player he has the genetics and physicality to be that ... he is in the group with [Payne] Haas, [David] Fifita and [Viliame] Kikau, and how far he goes is up to him.”

Double trouble
Former Dragons forward Paul Vaughan is facing a fresh investigation by the NRL integrity unit, and it is becoming more clear every day that he needs new Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould in his life to get it back on track.With a contract waiting for him at Belmore, Vaughan has another issue on his hands after allegedly abusing a cameraman while visiting a cafe. The matter has been referred to the NRL and, while it’s not earth shattering, it shows he still has a long way to go before clubs will put their faith in him again. The cameraman provided details to the NRL.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in...lympic-inclusion-in-2032-20210724-p58cle.html

“After I ordered my coffee, I went outside and waited patiently, minding my business and scrolling through my news feed,” the cameraman said. “Paul Vaughan pulled up in his Jeep across the street and got out to pick up his two coffees that he ordered ahead. On his way out of the coffee shop, he turns to me and said, ‘Did you get what you wanted the other week, you f---ing weasel’.
“He was referencing to me filming him two weeks ago on his walk, a few days after he was outed for hosting a barbecue at his residence. He said this to me ... in front of five people.”
The cameraman was clearly rattled by the altercation.
“When questioned about the media outside his house on the NRL 360 on Fox Sports two weeks ago, he said he is changing his attitude and understands the media has a job to do,” the cameraman, who wished to remain nameless, said. “But I think his actions today prove otherwise.”
Vaughan did not respond when contacted for comment.

Gone to the Dogs?
There is an interesting development going on behind the scenes at the Bulldogs when it comes to recruitment – one that would be a concern for coach Trent Barrett. A leading player agent is pushing Canterbury chairman John Khoury to recruit a man who has built the junior base at the Sea Eagles, Scott Fulton. He has played a significant role in picking the eyes out of the best young western Sydney talent and placing them with Manly.
Manly coach Des Hasler is benefiting immensely from Fulton’s sharp eye. The policy of setting up a feeder team at Blacktown has been a masterstroke.

The Bulldogs know their rebuild will be long and painful, despite some very flashy recruits – headed by Matt Burton, Josh Addo-Carr and Matt Dufty – but targeting a Fulton would be a fascinating development, as the name is so synonymous with the Sea Eagles.
Khoury is new to the chairman’s position and some have tried to paint him as naive when it comes to league. He is well aware of the history between Barrett and the Fultons. After a united beginning at Manly, the late Bob Fulton and Barrett had a significant falling-out. Fulton was not impressed with Barrett’s stint at the Eagles and wasn’t sad when he left.
Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett.

Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett.CREDIT:GETTY
Bob is widely regarded as the greatest Sea Eagle of all. The man who guided his career, Manly godfather Ken Arthurson, and his Bulldogs counterpart Peter Moore had an agreement that the two clubs would not poach talent from each other.
New Bulldogs general manager of football Phil Gould will be called on to decide on any move for Scott Fulton. It’s hard to imagine Gould putting Barrett in a position where he would feel awkward.
Sbw is a ****, what he did was a low act and he can fuck off

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let him keep going sounds minor..but if its true u gotta question where his heads at
It honestly says a lot about the morals of the camera man that he's having a sook about being called out on filming Vaughan when he doubtlessly wanted a bit of privacy, while he himself didn't want to be named in this article.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not sure how much I would want $BW "guiding careers" tbh. Guide your own life TPJ, obviously you have a great Mum in your corner, your getting married and having a bub (Congrats). That should be enough to sort your life out without $BW in your ear.

What a pussy that media guy is. What Vaughan said is nothing. They invade their privacy so every now and then you can expect a person to "not be in the mood" and cop a few words for it.

Interesting that a Fulton would want to come to us? What's happening at Manly when such a well known surname want's to jump ship? Looking for a pay day or not happy?

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel like sbw wanting to be in his life is not for football related issues the bloke wants to try and convert him lol...

hoepfully he just focuses on making him a better person and train harder... no need to involve religion.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I feel like sbw wanting to be in his life is not for football related issues the bloke wants to try and convert him lol...

hoepfully he just focuses on making him a better person and train harder... no need to involve religion.
Mix between wanting to steel some else's thunder and a lingering conscience for sneaking out on us is my guess.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Will SBW turn TPJ into a great forward or a Muslim boxer?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It honestly says a lot about the morals of the camera man that he's having a sook about being called out on filming Vaughan when he doubtlessly wanted a bit of privacy, while he himself didn't want to be named in this article.
Very valid point.

We all saw the jackals invading PV personal space and privacy....(Not many players have much respect for DT or the hounding media commentators and cameramen....eg hiring scissor lifts for shots).

Then the poor didums cameraman gets mildly reprimanded/insulted in front of 5 people whilst picking up his coffee...poor bloke...the humanity and unfairness of this treatment towards him! Lol

Mountain out of a molehill once again and schoolyard mentality of a grown man even thinking of reporting an incident like that...

That nasty man said something to me in front of others just bc I hounded him in the street with a camera up his nose bc my boss sent me out to fight and jostle with all the other cameramen to get the best, most revealing pic.