News ‘I regret not coming back earlier’: SBW opens up on emotional Bulldogs homecoming

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s nice Cameron is bringing back some of the successful Bulldogs to the club IE Ryan, Mason, O’Meley etc

But asking SBW to come in for a chat doesn’t sit well with me… look at the club motto below ffs:-
A9449380-CF67-476D-848C-4613276141FA.jpeg

The pr1ck ran off in the middle of the night, left 25+ teammates, a club & a huge fan base that back then absolutely loved the c#nt… I wouldn’t even have the bloke turn up for an Under 8’s team

Burt Matton

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve always been a bit sympathetic to Sonny’s situation, leaving as a young superstar after taking bad advice. But after reading the first few paragraphs of that article he can go and get fucked. What a self-righteous knob! Oh so if he hadn’t of left the way he did he’d not have become the man he is today? Hahaha what a moron. Plenty of great players have treated people with respect along the journey. To actually think that jumping ship made him who he is just shows he is still an immature kid.
He blamed it all on Folkesy when he warned him to stay away from people like Nasser, Mundine and their poison. When Sonny bitched to his dad about what Folkes said, Senior told him to get out. The rest is history and $onny made a shit ton of money. SF would have had the club and Sonnys best interests at heart. I’ll back Folkes the club legend any day over this mercenary. Fuck him.

Rant over.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well said
Kindly fuck off.

You fucking ****.
Well said, we lament the fact you're even around the club sbw, why don't you fuck off back to where you're wanted you **** . . . Or, more accurately, were the money is . . . I fucking hope we aren't paying this parasite . . . Go on git you maggot

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He didn't have to come back, nor did Mase. You guys should grow up. Life is a bag of sugar and shit. We take the good with the bad.
All religions preach forgiveness and redemption. Hell, when someone does something really wrong in society and get caught, they go to jail to do penance. Eventually, they are let out. We don't have to forgive them for a wrong they've done, but they've paid a price, we accept them and we help them back into society, hopefully not to reoffend.
So is it the fact that SBW paid no penance when he walked out? Is that why you all are so anti SBW?
He sounds remorseful now, tho acknowledges he was immature, maybe badly advised, but could've walked out again at that time if he had his time over. Such things are part of the fabric of life and rugby league.
He was a special gifted athlete who has achieved a lot and he played for us, and built close friendships with fellow Dogs players, and walking back in felt like home.
To me it shows the maturity of both the Club and the man that he is welcomed back and that he wants to help the young guys.
Next week he might drop in on the Roosters too and offer words of advice, sharing his memories of being there. I have no problem with that.
To offer your hand in forgiveness and friendship to a man who has done you wrong, doesn't belittle you, it shows your a man.
Welcome back SBW, hope some of your mojo rubs off on our emerging squad.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When is Gus/Ciraldo going to bring in Mark Hunt for the next player motivational talk?

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
$BW said:
“If you look up growth in the dictionary, I’m sure my name is underneath it.”
Pretty close, not his name but there is a definition of growth that fits pretty well: a tumour or other abnormal formation

Last edited:
Reaction score
i remember being at homebush for the monday night game against the dragons after he done his getaway on a plane to the other side of the world. saw so many doggies supporters wearing jerseys with his number, they had taped a big black X over his number with gaffa tape, i will never forget that

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It was somewhere shortly after he said his path to greatness that I got the shits. I don't want to read a story that's basically him sucking his own cock.

For those that are able to listen to/read his bullshit, good luck to you.
I didn’t bother reading most of it but suspect it was grandstanding about how your experiences shape you and the man he is today and blah blah blah.

I’m over what happened in ‘08 but will never forget it and the main reason why is I think he violated our club ethos in the most blatant way:

1) Club First
2) Team Second
3) Individual Third

He (and more-so his grubby manager Nasser) ensured that they were put first and the team and club last.

If he didn’t call my mates kid who had cancer a couple of years ago to give him a leg up I probably wouldn’t have even reached a begrudgingly forgiven position.

He signed a 4 year contract and walked out 6 months later but now thinks he can give speeches on ethics? Good one, $BW. #NeverForget

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
First of all fuck sonny bill for what he did to pur club at the time , but I have moved on.
I don't care if he back doing stuff to help us out.
But his arrogance in his attitude towards his bad actions aggravated me.

Just own it sonny
Admit what you did was wrong and that you should have went about things better.

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck him

And not for walking out, but for walking back into the NRL in a Roosters jersey

Could of come back to the Dogs, kiss and make up, though he chose to lick uncle nicks anus

images.jpeg-13.jpg

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I acknowledge and respect the efforts Gus & CC are putting to reunite the club on and off the field,
Unfortunately Mr ME chose the wrong time to repeatedly glorify himself speaking about his path to greatness, typically using his youth then (22 years of age) as an excuse for making the wrong decisions refusing to blame the two seniors who guided him throughout the ordeal Mr done it before Mundine & the super agent Nasser, but he wants us to believes he had no beef with the players only with the hierarchy who incidentally were the custodians of the club trying to guide him away from mischief. Finally he manged to promote his possible boxing return, Mundine & Nasser must have scripted it all for him.
Someone must tell him, The club is not the 4 walls he is talking about, it's the people the 4 walls surrounds...
Peter ( Bullfrog ) Moore.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Worst part in the quotes is he says he would do it again, if he respected the jersey and club he’d keep it to himself.

What’s done is done etc, I don’t hold any animosity against anymore but he’s not a role model to have around the players, what can he really offer that’s useful it’s like John’s training halves when the game has changed so much since he played.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus please invite David Warner to come in and smack SBWs arse with his bat.