‘I leave every door ajar’: Blues coach won’t rule out sensational move to join Gus at Dogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do I get the feeling he’s going to be our coach? And it’ll be announced after the origin series?

If it happens to be him, are dreams free? Could he con Joey Johns to be his assistant?

And conspiracy theory time. Fittler wants the dogs to crash after we beat them in the 04 GF. What better way then to do it from the inside.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn’t care less about bulldogs’ DNA anymore, just bulldogs’ success.
Don’t care who brings it.
Whether that’s Fittler with Gus as the puppet master who the F knows. Losing interest with every loss

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon Gus has him saying this stuff, keep everyone guessing. My hope is we are aiming much higher, Gus will be going top shelf

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Relax. The article says two-fifths of bugger all. He clearly states that whilst he’s commentating and coaching Origin he’s not going to do anything else and why would he? To lose the Origin job NSW will have to get done 3-0 and even then it’s unlikely this year.

Possible smokescreen but unlikely in my view.
Think it’s just Freddy playing the media - he’s one of them too and knows how it works.

We already let the fox into the hen house with Hasler and we’ve all seen how long it’s taken to dig out of that mess, compounded by more mistakes eg: Barrett. I can’t see the board being blind to these realities, they know how critical the next head coach appointment is and it’s why they’re not rushing. It took JK a couple of attempts to get Gus, the same thing could be happening here, a dark horse that takes some prying.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus gonna come crashing to ground real quick if he thinks Fittler can manage and lift this club out of the ashes.

Will give him, at most, a season, before there's tears...and Gus will have to fall on his sword over Freddy's appointment.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Part of me thinks Gus knows Flanagan will be the coach but he's dragging this out after Flanagan ran his mouth and is putting him back in his place.. This way he has to accept the job on our terms (No Kyle).. In the meantime he's making him sweat while every other coach gets linked to the job.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Part of me thinks Gus knows Flanagan will be the coach but he's dragging this out after Flanagan ran his mouth and is putting him back in his place.. This way he has to accept the job on our terms (No Kyle).. In the meantime he's making him sweat while every other coach gets linked to the job.
Unless hell freezes over or something significant changes ie gus or board members...flanno will not be the coach. Bank it