News ‘I apologised to Penrith’: Bulldogs sponsor backflips on Burton

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is he going to apologize to the club when Elliott inevitably fucks up again too?
This is what bugs kennellers most i think..he went into bat for a mate/cause he had taken under his wing while everyone on here was virtually stabbing the **** to death :tearsofjoy:
Play on Arthur(within reason)Please when possible use your shitloads of cash to assist us to get a gun spine player asap if you wouldn't mind..cheers

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't think the club would be keeping him around if he wasn't going to put the cash in, we can get other "fuck all" valued sponsors who can splash small amounts of cash too but we didn't
Didn't he sign on under the Anderson administration though?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Didn't he sign on under the Anderson administration though?
Yeah I'm certain his first year was reported at a pittance compared to the usual amount of a main sponsor when he first came on board. Would certainly hope that 2022 it goes back up to full freight.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The club is close to landing a new major sponsor. The current deal with Laundy is an embarrassment and ranks 16th in terms of dollars across all clubs. The Anderson's looked after a mate in desperation to find a major sponsor.

Laundy will move on and become some sort of ambassador and provide TPA and mentor young kids coming through. He has already agreed to this. Our new sponsorship will dwarf Laundy and he can then sail off and stop talking to the media like an attention seeking 15 year old.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We still getting Nike?

Just do it man sheesh

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Think maybe the dogs are going to open up to the media more and try and be ‘darlings’ of the league
Maybe Gus has been talking to sponsors board members etc to change our ‘image’ with the media
Who knows?
Would be the best outcome!!

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many kennellers thought Ivan Cleary was bonkers at the start of the year when he claimed Burton could be an NRL centre …. Anyone seen the Dally M team of the year …

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Laundy can't go longer than a week without talking in the media for free publicity. Somebody put a muzzle on him or cut him loose completely.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kudos to Laundy, he wants to be active and present, but has backed that up by admitting when he was wrong. Too many people these days refuse to give apologies for being wrong in far more consequential ways. He has put the saga to rest and everyone can move on.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many kennellers thought Ivan Cleary was bonkers at the start of the year when he claimed Burton could be an NRL centre …. Anyone seen the Dally M team of the year …
Why didn’t he start the year at centre then ?

I don’t think anyone thought Burto couldn’t play centre. The consensus was that playing five eighth is his best position.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Couldn't care less what Laundry says. As others have mentioned, his view on wanting Burton released early reflected a lot of people here. His more recent view that Elliott deserved another chance didn't and people are now a bit pissed at him.

In the end I don't care if our sponsors want to dress in a Tutu and tell the media they're the greatest ballerina ever if they put up their money and potentially arrange TPA agreements. As long as the team starts winning more than they lose over the next couple of years I'll be a happy camper.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Couldn't care less what Laundry says. As others have mentioned, his view on wanting Burton released early reflected a lot of people here. His more recent view that Elliott deserved another chance didn't and people are now a bit pissed at him.

In the end I don't care if our sponsors want to dress in a Tutu and tell the media they're the greatest ballerina ever if they put up their money and potentially arrange TPA agreements. As long as the team starts winning more than they lose over the next couple of years I'll be a happy camper.
I wanted Burton here early too, and thought Cleary was being an idiot for holding on to him.

Fact is it hasn't worked out that way, but what has happened is brilliant for Burton. Penriff could have made a really big deal about how things have unfolded, but as far as I can tell they've been fairly quiet about it (focusing on the footy, which is fair enough). Maybe they'll start chirping more after the GF, however it would be poor form to do so given Laundy has publicly apologised.

We wait and see what happens long term with Elliott, but the fact is that Laundy said his piece, and Elliott still got released. Laundy hasn't taken his bat and ball and walked off in a huff. As far as I'm aware Laundy has never stated he wants to be the Dogs version of Uncle Nick. He did say what he wanted to do when he signed on, and going back and looking at it, it seems he has kept his word.

It is fans, including some on TK, who are framing him as our Uncle Nick, but he isn't, and he didn't say he would be.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so everyone had a go at him saying "wonder what laundy thinking now" and laughing at him, he comes out and says he was wrong and the kennel sooks still wanna pay him out.. I agree he shouldn't talk as much as he does but at least he comes out and admits it.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Laundy can't go longer than a week without talking in the media for free publicity. Somebody put a muzzle on him or cut him loose completely.
People say the media turn to him as a rent a quote but the interesting thing is he often seeks out the media and creates a story himself. I don't know how many people are genuinely interested in his opinion anyway.