News ‘I apologised to Penrith’: Bulldogs sponsor backflips on Burton

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many kennellers thought Ivan Cleary was bonkers at the start of the year when he claimed Burton could be an NRL centre …. Anyone seen the Dally M team of the year …
I didn't think Cleary was bonkers or that Burton was incapable of playing in the centres... but I did think Cleary was not seriously considering playing Burton at left centre ahead of a $650K a year Stephen Crichton or Naden or Momirovski

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we all supported laundy when he came out and pressured panthers to release burton, everyone was yay this is our version of politis... hindsight is an amazing thing

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can someone show me a single complaint by the club about Laundy. Or better still anyone here with actual connections to the board provide negative feedback about Laundy as a sponsor?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People say the media turn to him as a rent a quote but the interesting thing is he often seeks out the media and creates a story himself. I don't know how many people are genuinely interested in his opinion anyway.
He's literally telling the media what he messaged someone, I can't help but feel that's just weird..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Matty says playing centre will help him play 6 at Bulldogs.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can someone show me a single complaint by the club about Laundy. Or better still anyone here with actual connections to the board provide negative feedback about Laundy as a sponsor?
exactly mate the knockers here are way off.Thank fuck the club never listen to "us" :laughing:

And to date no-one has given an example of any negative board feedback.......with good reason there isn't any i'm guessing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jof

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we all supported laundy when he came out and pressured panthers to release burton, everyone was yay this is our version of politis... hindsight is an amazing thing
This isnt true. It was embarrassing when he started running his mouth in the media like he was some footy power broker.
Sure I wanted Burton to come across at the time but when Penrith said they wouldnt release him I wasnt phazed because hed be better off playing in a gun team this year when we werernt going to do well this season. Look what happened to Cotric when he arrived, couldnt do shit with the players around him.
I dont care if a sponsor talks to the media. Hes done well for himself and is obviously a smart operator but when it comes to talking about Dogs 'business' he fails. Undermining the board in regards to Elliot, yeah Im not interested in anything he has to say any more.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isnt true. It was embarrassing when he started running his mouth in the media like he was some footy power broker.
Sure I wanted Burton to come across at the time but when Penrith said they wouldnt release him I wasnt phazed because hed be better off playing in a gun team this year when we werernt going to do well this season. Look what happened to Cotric when he arrived, couldnt do shit with the players around him.
I dont care if a sponsor talks to the media. Hes done well for himself and is obviously a smart operator but when it comes to talking about Dogs 'business' he fails. Undermining the board in regards to Elliot, yeah Im not interested in anything he has to say any more.
im not disagreeing with you that he should shut his mouth... the elliot thing really annoyed me - im just saying hes come out and admitted he was wrong, not easy to do these days with all the keyboard warriors on hand.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
im not disagreeing with you that he should shut his mouth... the elliot thing really annoyed me - im just saying hes come out and admitted he was wrong, not easy to do these days with all the keyboard warriors on hand.
fair enough

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Man I love this kid.
I know. Don't have all the facts on him :grinning: but from what we can judge by his actions and temperament...we have got ourselves a future legend both as a player and young man.