‘Helps when winning’: Fittler’s take on Foxx snub as Blues boss ‘sniggers’ at Cleary critics

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For sure but it supports international footy but may not help Australian footy down the track. Depends what your perspective is I guess

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does anyone else suspect that maybe Fitler's gripe with JAC is that he doesn't sing the anthem? I recall that when he coached the Lebanon team that one time there was a news item about how he came in and made them practice their own anthem, insisting they all sing it loud and proud on game day.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I agree that Fitler should be given a decade to see what he's got :grinning:

The amount of teams for me dictates that the whole comp needs revamping.

Club, State then international in that order.... as it obviously should be.

Need a 2 conference (North & South) system that plays a home and away game against each team in that conference. Only fair way to have a genuine outcome of best team. Could be 10 clubs in each conference which allows us to either add new clubs or revive old clubs or bit of both? (PNG, Bear's etc etc)

All 3 grades should be returned and on TV so the young talent coming up can be seen.

Further deals with Foxtel to have more RL channels to cover all these games. 20 games per conference plus whatever else is generated by Reggies, Juniors etc would have to improve the games Broadcast worth?

#1 from each Conference is Minor Premiers and rewarded $$$.

Top 4 teams of each conference play a top 8 finals series with the eventual winner.

From there Origin and Islander type games could be played over a stand-alone 3 weeks including the younger SOO and obviously the women's to fill up the program.

After that International series.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Need a 2 conference (North & South) system that plays a home and away game against each team in that conference. Only fair way to have a genuine outcome of best team. Could be 10 clubs in each conference which allows us to either add new clubs or revive old clubs or bit of both? (PNG, Bear's etc etc)

#1 from each Conference is Minor Premiers and rewarded $$$.

Top 4 teams of each conference play a top 8 finals series with the eventual winner.
What about when the best 2 teams in the comp happen to be in the same conference? Bad luck, one of them doesn't get to play in the Grand Final? What happens if the best 3 teams happen to be in the same conference? Could be the best 4 teams?

How do you propose to structure the 2 Conferences? Is it north and south or maybe east and west? Or the teams with names A to M are in one conference and the teams N to Z are in the other? Don't tell us it's the Sydney Teams in one conference and the Rest in the other? Big advantage to the Sydney Teams who never have to travel, compared to Melbourne, Toonsville and Auckland travel, yeh that'll work.

With Conferences it is possible that 2 traditional rivals, if they are in separate conferences, may never ever play each other again. I can't imagine an NRL without the Chooks and the Wabbits never playing each other, or us and the Scum. The NBA avoids this by having cross conference games, but they can fit that into their schedule because they play games every 2 or 3 days (82 games in a season).

[/QUOTE]All 3 grades should be returned and on TV so the young talent coming up can be seen.

Further deals with Foxtel to have more RL channels to cover all these games. 20 games per conference plus whatever else is generated by Reggies, Juniors etc would have to improve the games Broadcast worth?[/QUOTE]

Hello, Melbourne doesn't have 3 grades, neither do the Warriors, the Cowboys only have 2 grades and over half the teams in the Qld Cup don't have an NRL team.

"Conferences", easy to say hard to do.

Always a Bulldog

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone else suspect that maybe Fitler's gripe with JAC is that he doesn't sing the anthem? I recall that when he coached the Lebanon team that one time there was a news item about how he came in and made them practice their own anthem, insisting they all sing it loud and proud on game day.
Dont think so bro. I think Freddy is just a dumb ****

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Trell doesn't sing it either (and a few others also I think)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The 2 conference idea has a lot of merit on face value and should be fully investigated to see if there is a solution and a professional presentation made to all the clubs...especially the televising of all 3 grades. That would be excellent.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting choice of words " helps when winning" . . . Because the last time the Foxx played in the series, we won Fittler, you fucking dunce !

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
State of Origin stats:

Josh Addo-Carr = Played 12, Won 7, Lost 5, Tries 10.
Daniel Tupou = Played 10, Won 4, Lost 6, Tries 3.

There is nothing Fittler can say to justify picking Tupou over JAC.
Just a reminder with all the Origin selection talk going around.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fittlers judgement is clearly clouded by heavy bias, the guy seems like a agenda driven fool with his own foolishness fueled by his ambition to look after his own interests.

How else do you marry up such an astute footy brain to such ridiculous decisions.

The guy is rewriting his own history and what he'll be remembered for as the idiotic clown who continually lost the unloosable, and he doesn't even know it.

EuroNymous

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fittlers judgement is clearly clouded by heavy bias, the guy seems like a agenda driven fool with his own foolishness fueled by his ambition to look after his own interests.

How else do you marry up such an astute footy brain to such ridiculous decisions.

The guy is rewriting his own history and what he'll be remembered for as the idiotic clown who continually lost the unloosable, and he doesn't even know it.
he did the right thing by bringing whole crop of new guys in 2018 but since then his getting more and more cooked

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Based on Fittlers comments, surely Koriosau misses out

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope freddy goes down in the history books as the longest serving NSW coach of all time.....Same old same old with NSW pick a team full of super stars who are more interested in personal accolades than the win, Origin is about what's under the bonnet, and less about individual skill and talent.
fox would never have been dropped from a QLD side.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I hope freddy goes down in the history books as the longest serving NSW coach of all time.....Same old same old with NSW pick a team full of super stars who are more interested in personal accolades than the win, Origin is about what's under the bonnet, and less about individual skill and talent.
fox would never have been dropped from a QLD side.
I was on LU and someone suggested Edwards should be picked in front of Teddy. I was thinking that's such as NSW thing to do. Teddy who tries his heart out and has been proven at that level. Form may be down a touch, but I put that down to how the Roosters are playing rather than anything else.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was on LU and someone suggested Edwards should be picked in front of Teddy. I was thinking that's such as NSW thing to do. Teddy who tries his heart out and has been proven at that level. Form may be down a touch, but I put that down to how the Roosters are playing rather than anything else.
I get your point but TBH Edwards is more of an origin style player than teddy in my book.