‘Helps when winning’: Fittler’s take on Foxx snub as Blues boss ‘sniggers’ at Cleary critics

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Roosters also got off to a shit start. Not only did they lose to us with JAC having a brilliant performance and outplaying Tupou and Suaalii, but they also were like 7th on the ladder, with 1 or 2 more wins than losses.
Freddy just refuses to admit he got outcoached by a rookie in Slater.
Out of all the ex players now commentating on tv Slater is by far the most knowledgeable and objective so it doesn't surprise me he outcoached the myth known as Fittler.
Muppets like Fittler and Johns consistently exaggerate in commentary and are often proven wrong. Remember how Johns criticised the Dogs early in the season when Flanno wasn't chosen saying he "was a natural half". By the end of the season Johns said the Dog's weakness was in the halves and that Flanno wasn't up to NRL standard. For a so called immortal Johns took 2 seasons to work out what I and others on TK already knew 2 seasons ago.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not just Freddy, it’s also the flog Brandy.
Tbh I watched Alexander appear on Fox several times during Origin and he never looked comfortable with the Fox stuff. I think he was just toeing the company line as he had to back Fittler's selections.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
“He was playing better in November than he was in March,” Fittler said, referencing Canterbury’s poor start to the year.

Which is super relevant, since Origin started in JUNE!
He had ALL of April and May to pull his head out of his @r$e.

Fittler (and his "brains" trust: Alexander, Johns, etc) adds a '-1' to any Origin campaign.
A NSW team that should clean sweep the series in a canter, he makes a 2-1 series, and often (2020, 2022) a "surprise" 1-2 loss.
NSW should be on an unbroken 5 year run at this point.

He is a total flog.
The media were cheering for him to replace Barrett. We dodged a rather large bullet there.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like his inability to coach, his explanation made no sense and just left even more questions given it was still just as wrong as his original selections.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're trying to teach our 6 year old daughter that it's okay to admit that you're wrong and sometimes you can learn a lesson from your mistakes..

Clearly Freddy needs to be taught that lesson still.. He probably reads below the Kindergarten level too and would eat glue..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like his inability to coach, his explanation made no sense and just left even more questions given it was still just as wrong as his original selections.
His explanation reminds me of that scene from Billy Madison..

"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Queensland would never of dropped him just shows freddy doesn’t get it
Exactly. After all he has achieved at club and rep level he had zero goodwill with NSW coaching staff. I am a bit over reading these articles but if you take into account all JACs negatives and positives there is a net surplus there for any team.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Queensland would never of dropped him just shows freddy doesn’t get it
100%.

Even if Fox was just returning from a broken leg in May; he should have been the first picked for NSW for all that he brings into the camp, the enthusiasm and team bonding and execution turning half chances into attacking yardage or tries.. Any fan knows he can be relied on, on the big stage, to deliver. Fittler couldn't work that out. Really a travesty that Tupou picked over JAC ...and everyone knew Meninga would pick him for WC. Silly Freddy.

True his form wasn't to his usual standard early on with his new team but any league follower knows the couple of reasons why, as others have explained above and they are all very real explanations. Everyone, but everyone, knew that once sorted, that JAC's class would come to the fore.

Fittler showed all the worst facets of poor coaching by picking favs from his old favoured team who could not offer the x factor needed for SOO ...poor coaching traits all encapsulated in that one selection.

First picked if he was a Qlder! and so foolish that he wasn't for NSW :grinning:

All Fittler's decision has done is enhance Fox's reputation, and his performances, into the stratosphere where he is now the league poster boy and Fittler?...the dud coach.

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you're not going to play for Australia, you don't get picked for NSW. It's that simple imo
I might be wrong but I get the feeling S.O.O will adapt to help the international game get stronger. Maybe there will be a rule change along the lines of NSW/QLD can pick say up to 2-4 players in their squads that have declared they plan on playing for a country other than Australia.

Perhaps this could also extend to international players that have played more than 2 seasons of NRL?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I might be wrong but I get the feeling S.O.O will adapt to help the international game get stronger. Maybe there will be a rule change along the lines of NSW/QLD can pick say up to 2-4 players in their squads that have declared they plan on playing for a country other than Australia.

Perhaps this could also extend to international players that have played more than 2 seasons of NRL?
Origin has traditionally been a selection trial for the national team. It has risen to the heights it has without international players. Not sure why we have to change a great product and weaken our national team because greedy international players want more money

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hate for fittler (as nsw coach) on here is out of control! I think you all just need to take a step back and perhaps take the bias out of your opinions. You see, as a queenslander I can do that quite easily - and as such, I firmly believe that fittler should remain as nsw coach for not only the next few years, but perhaps even decades ;)