News ‘Headed for divorce’: Hunt tipped for Dragons exit as ‘perfect’ rival club closes in

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember when Anasta said that he had reached out to the Dogs if they wanted him to coach the halves last year? He tried to make a big deal out of them not returning his call LOL.

I highly doubt he ever reached out and IF he did, he should not be surprised nobody replied. He's a flog. True colours were shown when he got up on the stage at canterbury leagues after we won the comp and yelled 'FUCK ROOSTERS' then within 6 months he signed with them. Fuck him!
I ran into him in the cross around the time the rumours were circulating that he’s leaving us and hit him up. He said fuck no and lifted his sleeve to show us the dogs premiers tattoo, never felt such Betrayal

Last edited by a moderator:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At hooker though, not at halfback. He's a really good hooker. At halfback for Saints he shits the bed multiple times a game and doesn't control the team the way a player with his reputation, experience and salary should.
yes but he can share the pressure moments with burton.
it won’t be all on hunt.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was no clause so n his contract.
Kennel has short memories.
It was widely publicised Hut. Wanted one and Dragons would not budge in saying no to it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Contracts don’t mean anything if the player doesn’t want to be there, they can find a way to engineer an exit.

Clubs holding them against their will is a dressing room disaster.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contracts don’t mean anything if the player doesn’t want to be there, they can find a way to engineer an exit.

If Hunt is really blowing up at teammates after the game and he likes grid and hates saints then he won’t be there next year.
Unless then we coach gets in his ear.

hut where’s the kennel ish king wrong here is assuming he will come to the dogs when raiders are next door and cashed up

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I believe they would let him go paying a fairly sizeable chunk of freight.

He is past his best but his experience and the direction he could give for a couple of years is exactly what we are lacking.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I presume the "plus" is the cost of the after-dinner ice cream?

Until Gus and/or the club confirm or someone produces a tax invoice, the "paid 500k" is an urban media myth.
That's certainly what the media reported as the Broncos' face-saving demand. There's nothing to suggest we paid that much, or even anything at all.
In all likelihood we just played along with the Broncos' narrative in the interest of self-interest (there's nothing like it) - we got a hot prospective talent, and they avoided an ugly legal stoush.

Regardless, it has zero to do with our salary cap so the actual figure: $0, $500k, or $10mil - it's entirely irrelevant.
The plus would be whatever we are paying him. The 500k was just a transfer fee we paid

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FINALLY someone with a clue appears on the scene.

Thanks mate my sanity gets severely tested in here.
Burton cops way too much slack on here. Our whole attack LITERALLY rests in his hands. He is still going OK with a forward pack going backwards

Put an actual halfback with him, a fullback who isn't bundy cup quality and a pack moving forward. even cleary would do nothing behind this pack

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He will be 34 next year, busted his guts for the Dragons last few seasons , wonder how many years he has left in him
I'd only want him for this year and next.

Actually I'd only sign him for this year but that's not realistic.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hunt contracted for 2024 and 2025 with Dragon therefore if he comes here it'll be for at least 2 years (perfect imo).

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love Ben hunt but he hasn't done much to help the development of the young halves at the dragons. Doubt he will help anyone here much

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I love Ben hunt but he hasn't done much to help the development of the young halves at the dragons. Doubt he will help anyone here much
The point I think is him playing and doing his job would allow burton, Mahoney, critta in 24 to be so much better just with that calibre and experience.