News ‘Headed for divorce’: Hunt tipped for Dragons exit as ‘perfect’ rival club closes in

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He signed with a Clause that if griffin was sacked he could look else where

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
KO is 18 and a full year in a successful NSW Cup side does him the world of good.

Moving Burton to accommodate KO is ridiculous.
Do we have any elite centres in the team?

Are you telling me that Burton in the centres with Hunt and Oloapu in the halves doesn't make this team better?

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 Crighton (Papali’i & Wilson in wings)
2 JAC
3/4 Alamoti / Xerri / Averillo / Skelton / Kiraz
5 Kiraz / Burns / Wilson / Skelton / Papali
6 Burton
7 Hunt

14. Oloapu / Brown / BBO / Rijab

that’s all the depth we need for backs. Anyone who isn’t a developing kid can go. Burns would have to be in close to minimum also.

Now, to fix the forwards….
I don't think Skelton will be at Dogs for long. Does not seem like he trains hard enough. I reckon Gus will invest in Wilson, Burns is the experience cover, Papalii is the long term prospect with Skelton toiling away in reggies.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Would love Hunt would be great to mentor the H Matt's kid. Then he can take over from Hunt in 2 to 3 years. Absolutely what we need and would almost guarantee the next 5-10 years are way better than the last. Im still thinking it is wishful thinking though. Surely half the comp are After him if he can brake his contract. That would include South's and Rorters. Most likely outcome is he stays...Saints would be screwed if he leaves as in worse than our 2020-2022 roster screwed. He may also want to go back to Qld. Rosters need him to but I don't know don't see him signing with them.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, if Hunt came I see KO playing from the Bench. as cover in the halves and maybe ball playing lock later in the game. Similar to what JR was doing off the bench earlier in the year. But tell him its just a part time gig and get him working with Hunt learning of him. Remember he is only 18, I don't think he needs to be guaranteed starting half for next year. Hunt and possibly Burto could be off for SOO too so he would have time starting in the halves during the year.

But the bigger question is Salary Cap, if we signed Hunt I'm guessing no top prop, we lose Thompson and maybe gain Sele, and either Alamoti or Averillo will be gone. I also suspect Papali'i would look for other opportunities.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He signed with a Clause that if griffin was sacked he could look else where
Still dont want him, Anasta and 360 are speculators, the Dogs are building a young side for the future.
Answer your emails FOX Sport

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dunno. They are blooding ko right now and paid 500k plus to get him here, so i dont see him being benched now until hunt retires. And Burton, most of us agree his best form is at centre but we are paying him half fees, and it would be unusual to have a centre as your main kicking game. So while it may help, doesnt totally make sense getting hunt

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let’s give St George
TPJ
Luke Thompson
Kyle Flanagan
And we’ll take
Hunt and jack bird that’s a fair trade
I'll take Bird or Bell end just so Edwards could learn off either.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
and paid 500k plus to get him here
I presume the "plus" is the cost of the after-dinner ice cream?

Until Gus and/or the club confirm or someone produces a tax invoice, the "paid 500k" is an urban media myth.
That's certainly what the media reported as the Broncos' face-saving demand. There's nothing to suggest we paid that much, or even anything at all.
In all likelihood we just played along with the Broncos' narrative in the interest of self-interest (there's nothing like it) - we got a hot prospective talent, and they avoided an ugly legal stoush.

Regardless, it has zero to do with our salary cap so the actual figure: $0, $500k, or $10mil - it's entirely irrelevant.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I dunno. They are blooding ko right now and paid 500k plus to get him here, so i dont see him being benched now until hunt retires. And Burton, most of us agree his best form is at centre but we are paying him half fees, and it would be unusual to have a centre as your main kicking game. So while it may help, doesnt totally make sense getting hunt
That's like saying it didn't make sense for Panther to get Maloney because they had Cleary and Luai. Burton and Hunt would be our halves and Oloapu would be reserve grade for 2 years or because of his versatility could find himself in another position or on the bench. 500k outside the cap is nothing and it's a long term deal for Oloapu. It's best short and long term to get Hunt if he's available. Results wise now and developing Burton and Oloapu for the future. No brainer.