Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry everyone. This incredibly common phrase has been deemed offensive to vegans, vegetarians, women and the poor.

Common phrases like “bring home the bacon” and “put all your eggs in one basket” have been deemed offensive to vegans and vegetarians, who want them replaced with animal-friendly alternatives like “bring home the bagels” and “put all your berries in one bowl”.

Instead of “kill two birds with one stone” we should say “feed two birds with one scone”. “Take the bull by the horns” should become “take the flower by the thorns”. No longer should we “beat a dead horse” but instead “feed a fed horse”. And rather than “let the cat out of the bag”, we should simply “spill the beans”.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/bus...s/news-story/8980653eddd9d27919024b6489c10f07

I only posted the relevant part.

My saying of, Kill a vegan on sight.

Still stands. lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The mcrib is back no time for veganism
Listen i love you like KE but if you are kidding I'm driving up and knocking you the fuck out.

You don't mess around with a meat eating, red blooded **** like me about the McRib

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These tactics work because the outraged side cares more than anybody else. You really have to pay attention and be willing to stand up and debate with people if you don’t like this type of rhetoric. It’s like regular life is so good now that people don’t have anything serious to complain about in first world countries.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Listen i love you like KE but if you are kidding I'm driving up and knocking you the fuck out.

You don't mess around with a meat eating, red blooded **** like me about the McRib
BWAHAHAHAHA. LMAO I love this quote. AND I'm proud to call @ASSASSIN and @south of heaven my brothers. <3

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What about a butcher who literally brings home bacon ?
Can he still do that ? Does he have to call it something else ?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Awk. We’re identifying as being someone’s brother that’s not your actual brother? Just keeps getting better.
Fuck off cuck, your my brother too.

But KE is my real brother you zub

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
No. You’re acting like I’m cut coz I was left out of @Wahesh post. I don’t careeeeeeee. Be brothers without me.
Listen, listen... you're my brother. Not because you're Lebanese, not because you're Maronite, but because you're a mother-fucken vegan/femininst/7,891 gender hater just like me.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was love the irony when you get offended by people getting offended.
I think you miss the point

These stupid ideas that keep coming up like this, keep happening and get implemented because good people with common sence continue to sit back and say nothing.

Realist or anyone else speaking up against this kind of stuff is not irony at all

They are not offended by someone being offended

They simply care about where the world is headed and are simply standing up against these stupid ideas.

More should do the same,
And you should respect that.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There is a further irony, one of a lactose intolerant individual calling someone a "soy boy".

I will stop there, as Skippy will accuse me of bullying like last time.
You still got sand in your vagina I see.

Can’t handle anyone standing up to you I see

Yeah hall marks of the bully

Perhaps I was right.

@Realist90 can put his point across
And you are free to debate him respectfully.

Keep it respectful and I won’t have any reason to call you a bully

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As a side note, when was the last time any of you said "bring home the bacon"

I'm pretty sure if you actually said that people would laugh at you with words of, "what is this, the 1950s?"
Actually it’s still fairly common around tradies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Media beat up and beat up by PETA.

No need to change those terms. As an example I'm against religions, but I don't think their books should be banned, they should be studied, not in a theology kind of way but more critical thinking education kind of way. A lot of human history surrounds those books and hence understanding those books leads to better understanding of different aspects of human history, e.g Shakespeare relies heavily on concepts from the bible.

And I'd think that these terms, although not commonly used today, play an important part in human history and understanding our history.
Exactly right.

Look, fact of the matter, stupid people will always have stupid ideas. And it’s ok for intelligent people to speak up against stupid ideas.
I’m referring to the vegan thing here, not religion by the way.

I’m all for intelligent progress and changes to our way of life that happen naturally.

Society can’t keep allowing minority groups to dictate how the society live.

This snowflake attitude is really out of hand.

It’s time to stop giving these stupid ideas a voice

I blame the media for making a story out of it.

As you said, it’s a media beat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.