Search results

1. The BEAR

DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 12 | Bulldogs v Dragons

Hodge????? Who's Hodge????
  2. The BEAR

Des Hasler tells of his disappointment at CEO Todd Greenberg's departure

I still rate the late Peter "Bullfrog" Moore as the best CEO the Bulldogs have ever had. Greenberg is a close second.
  3. The BEAR

The time has come..

Neither are wooden spoons. Yet, at this stage we're more likely to get the spoon than a premiership.
  4. The BEAR

Favourite Bulldogs Moment

Fark... they took the clip down... Anyway, here's another one... and the magic starts at 0:30 seconds in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR5X1HN2BH0
  5. The BEAR

The Post-Game Complaint Thread.

all want Barba out??? Yep. Just like everyone at Parra want Hayne out. Give yourself an uppercut.
  6. The BEAR

It's Official We Are Last

I'll go you one better. We won't win another game in 2013. The end.
  7. The BEAR

Breaking news: Hodko to play

Anyone here wishing the worst on Keating just to keep him out of first grade, or thanking God for "taking down KK" cannot possibly be any older than 12. Seriously.
  8. The BEAR

Eastwood Returns for Roosters Clash

I must be seeing a different Keating to you. The one I see hardly finds any grass in enemy territory. He's more likely to find the opposing winger or fullback for an easy kick-return. Almost as predictable as 6 o'clock at 5:30.
  9. The BEAR

Dogs vs Sea Eagles - Match Discussion Thread

Lucky to make the 8? Pffft. We won't finish higher than 10th or 11th. Mad Monday is only a couple of days away, thank God
  10. The BEAR

Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Done Deal: Arsenal Agree Fee and Personal Terms Ahead Of Move to Sign Fiorentina Forward Stevan Jovetic http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/04/03/done-deal-arsenal-agree-fee-and-personal-terms-ahead-of-move-to-sign-fiorentina-forward-stevan-jovetic/ Can't see this guy flourishing in the EPL...
  11. The BEAR

Who are we missing most from last year?

You sure you don't mean Jonathan Wright? Couldn't see how Goodwin could get a look-in ahead of Turner, Wright, or Perret
  12. The BEAR

Croatia defeat Serbia in the World Cup Qualifiers

I read the report on that match. The players treated it like any other match with no bad blood. It finished in handshakes and every player congratulated their opponent. Common sense, yeah?
  13. The BEAR

Croatia defeat Serbia in the World Cup Qualifiers

From what I hear, it's just a minority of australian-based Serbs and Cros who still can't get over it. Fkn idiots. The ones back in their own countries are so over it, it's not funny.
  14. The BEAR

The Trance Thread

Ok bLaQ ... I'm back with some more uplifting euphoric goodness. Cut straight to 4:23 of this track and let me know what you reckon ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOqFQwZXtP8
  15. The BEAR

Time for Josh Reynolds to step up as Bulldogs tackle Cooper Cronk and Melbourne Storm

I'd say it's only a matter of time before both the Reynolds boys (Josh & Adam) are picked as the NSW halves. For mine, Pearce is on borrowed time.
  16. The BEAR

Dugan sacked by raiders

My money is on dragons to get him...
  17. The BEAR

Raiders possibly terminating josh dugan

This will have half the nuffies jizzing on the Bulldogs Discussion forums. Anticipating a huge "Sign Dugan Now!" thread... *faceplam*
  18. The BEAR

Haters gonna hate...

FMD! How could I have forgotten Asians!!! I deserve to be shot :p Throw Asians in there! It's time this anti-Bulldogs bullsh!t ended.
  19. The BEAR

Haters gonna hate...

But we've got such a diverse ethnicity... Lebanese, Aussies, Kiwis, Greeks, Italians, Serbians, Croatians, Macedonians, hell.. even Russians FFS! To hate us because of one of those ethnicities (let's face it, Bulldogs haters think ALL of our supporters are of Middle Eastern descent - who...
  20. The BEAR

Haters gonna hate...

Unfortunately, they're a minority mate :/
  21. The BEAR

Haters gonna hate...

So I guess it's true... The only people getting behind our Bulldogs are ... just us... Bulldogs fans... Seems every other NRL supporter in Sydney will be getting behind the Storm, because apparently that's how much we're hated. Sickening isn't it? The only Sydney team in the Grand Final...
  22. The BEAR

One more time for glory ...

CK is the Kennel Leonidas!!! :D SO... BULLDOGS....
  23. The BEAR

Whose nervous??

Christ! If you're this nervous now, and we make the grand final, then you'll be spending all of Grand Final week in hospital, drugged up on sedatives just to keep calm! I'm just looking forward to a great game. No nerves here. Chuck Norris would be proud ;)
  24. The BEAR

Watmough, King, Stewart and Matai.

As much as I hate to admit this, but Watmough might be right about everyone hating Reynolds? According to the 2012 RLW poll, the 2 grubbiest players in the game are: Michael Ennis (who got 23% of the vote) Josh Reynolds (who got 16% of the vote) I can understand the Ennis result, but...
  25. The BEAR

How we feeling this morning boys???

Happy, but not cocky. We've got 2 weeks to fix plenty of errors in our game, which I'm happy about. We've got a lot of work to do. Any of you who think we only need to show up for our next game in order to reach the GF are kidding yourselves.
  26. The BEAR

Watmough, King, Stewart and Matai.

Yeah apparently Watmough had this to say to Reynolds: "f$&k, you're a dumb sh!t. No wonder everyone hates you!!" ROFL... Who the fk is 'everyone' choc? Reynolds hasn't even been playing in the NRL long enough to be loved or hated... Unless you were aiming that at Ennis, in which case you...
  27. The BEAR

Why i want the storm to win on monday

We're not all negative. It's just B_o_o_k. Although I have to ask, why are you calling Melbourne "the storms"? Not every team has an "s" on the end of their monicker. You don't hear A-League fans call their team "the (Melbourne) Victories" or "the (Perth) Glories" or "the (Brisbane) Roars" ROFL!
  28. The BEAR

We are giving away Too much f*n penaltys!!!!

LOL I thought I was the only one who picked up on this. FMD some ppl can't put a basic sentence in English together.
  29. The BEAR

$BW at the Game Tomorow ?

ormygodbro! dis will make all da hektiks start a madd riot bro!
  30. The BEAR

Silencing the critics

Although I would've loved to have seen the 2012 Bulldogs with Des at the helm, take on a Wayne Bennett coached Dragons with the roster they had back in 2009/2010. As much as I hate the Eels and Dragons, I want them at their best, taking us on in Grand Finals - keeping that burning rivalry from...
  31. The BEAR

The Trance Thread

Hey BlaqDog! Here's some more uplifting goodness from Running Man. There's parts of this track that dead-set give me goosebumps... Tell me what you think bro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD1Gxvq86Nk
  32. The BEAR

Jamie Soward...

obvious troll is obvious.
  33. The BEAR

Keating ?

I wasn't even trying, you dud.
  34. The BEAR

Keating ?

Thurston will play out his career with the Cows. Period.
  35. The BEAR

2012: Revised expectations

wow. that's like expecting to win the lotto everytime you play lol. Being a bit more realistic would've saved you a lot of heartbreak over the years when we weren't even close to being a top 8 side.
  36. The BEAR

Keating ?

Hodgko? You want to bring Michael Hodgson out of retirement?
  37. The BEAR

2012 London Olympic Games

Epic fail for the men's 4x100m freestyle team... "the missile" magnussen had a slower-than-usual opening leg... and then the rest of the team couldn't make up the gap. Not good...
  38. The BEAR

Teen arrested at Belmore Sports Ground over the murder of Thomas Kelly

His mate ratted him out. It's all here: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/long-soul-search-led-accuseds-friend-to-call-police/story-e6freuy9-1226430381389
  39. The BEAR

Can the dogs smash the eagles at Brookvale ?

If by 'smash' you mean beat them by at least 20, then no.
  40. The BEAR

NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

It was just a prediction you half-wit. Get over it. Honest to God, it took you: not 1, but TWO separate posts to give it to me about being wrong. How much did your fingers itch to drum up those 2 posts? rofl... 2 posts to say I told you so. Just LOL.
  41. The BEAR

VIDEO: The Rivalry Bulldogs vs Eels!!!

I think that's the first time in my life I've ever heard a former Eels player say he's a Bulldog through and through. Bit of a weird concept given the rivalry we have with Parra. Good promo nonetheless :)
  42. The BEAR

Our best lock of the past 20 years?

Dymock or Jason Smith. The best 2 Bulldog lock-fwds I've seen in my lifetime
  43. The BEAR

wtf

What's the hurry? This place is better off without him.
  44. The BEAR

What are you thoughts on same-sex marriage?

I read them, B_o_O_K (aka "Gladiator"). I'm just interested to see you back-pedal your way out of this one. A know-it-all like you should have no problem doing just that.
  45. The BEAR

You didn't say it explicitly. You implied it with this: Which other "People" were you referring to, while you were discussing those who believe marriage is sacred?
  46. The BEAR

Ummm... let's see: Says those who thought up the word "Marriage". Look it up in just about any dictionary. Marriage was defined that way before the Bible was printed.
  47. The BEAR

I'll try to break this down to something nice and simple. 1. If gays want to be in a union of some sort, I say let them.. BUT - don't call it a "marriage". A marriage is the life-long union of a MAN and a WOMAN. Period. Gays can think up some other name for their union for all I care. 2. Any...
  48. The BEAR

Our best second-rower of the past 20 years?

Why are you surprised? How many active Kennelers these days even knew the 90's or 80's Bulldogs? I'm willing to bet less than half. More like 20% - 30%
  49. The BEAR

best ever mid season signing?

x 2 Ben Barba is the modern-day Rod Silva for mine. Only Barba can play in the halves, which makes him more skilled.
  50. The BEAR

Best ever coach

For me it's a 2-way tie. Ted Glossop turned us in to "The Entertainers" Warren Ryan turned us in to "The Dogs Of War" Both were awesome eras... no clear winner for mine. Ask me again in 20 years. I might just say "Des" :p
  51. The BEAR

Our best second-rower of the past 20 years?

SBW had some freakish skills with the ball in his hands, but with all of his injuries side-lining him all the time - it makes it hard to say he was our best in the last 20 years. My vote goes to Jason Smith.
  52. The BEAR

Our best hooker of the past 20 years?

Man i'm sure Hetherington was in that tackle with Pay... meh.. it was 17 years ago... my memory's not that awesome LOL
  53. The BEAR

It's not like Hetherington never made any rep squads. He represented QLD and Australia during his career, and deservedly so. The difference between these guys, is that Hetherington did the simple things right. Tough as teak, he'd show up for just about every game and tackle hard and plenty. He...
  54. The BEAR

Final Top Eight Predications 2012

I think we're using the AFL format now mate :) ... but if i'm wrong, you can shoot me :p Week one (Sept 7-9) 1st qualifying final: 1st (H) v 4th (A) 1st elimination final: 5th (H) v 8th (A) 2nd elimination final: 6th (H) v 7th (A) 2nd qualifying final: 2nd (H) v 3rd (A) Week two (Sept 14-15)...
  55. The BEAR

O_o_O_o_O ... yeah good on ya, B_o_O_K. Did you jizz an entire bucketload and high-5 yourself, at the thought of your little "i told you so" moment? Don't you feel as big as LeBron now with your pathetic little moment of so-called "glory"? Oh wait... I didn't realise someone banned you. I...
  56. The BEAR

Jason Hetherington. No contest.
  57. The BEAR

Sam Perrett to join Bulldogs immediately?

Wotz rong wif dat kind of spellink? Swer2godbro what iz dis? Da spellink police? Srsly. So wot if he puts a z on da end? We all go for da bulldocks so stfu
  58. The BEAR

Dude, Bilyaletdinov was sold to Spartak Moscow back in January. He started off well at Everton, but he couldn't make a big enough impact to stay in the team. He's another example I should've added to my list.
  59. The BEAR

The EPL is a bit of a mixed bag for Russian imports... Some flourish there, others flounder. Take some of the better Russian players that have played in the EPL, for example. Just about all of them went back to Russia sooner or later. Andrei Arshavin - limited success at Arsenal, ended up back...
  60. The BEAR

SBW return to NRL Thread

And this is why you're neither coach, nor CEO of the Dogs. OH GOD, OH GOD, OH GOD, OH GOD, OH GOD, OH GOD, OH GOD, OH GOD, OH GOD ! PLEASE KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!!
  61. The BEAR

Gettin a bit wordy there, Book. Careful...
  62. The BEAR

As a Laker fan, I'm getting behind OKC. Just hope Miami finish off the Celts... I'll be damned if Boston make a finals series and we're not there to do battle with them.
  63. The BEAR

ok ok... 20 games.
  64. The BEAR

Sam Thaiday has been ruled out of State of Origin II in Sydney

You mean 3rd man. They don't call him "Third Man Thaiday" for nothing :p
  65. The BEAR

Book, I don't know what's worse: Your essay-length responses from yesteryear, or the 1-2 word piddle you reply with nowadays. Time will tell, won't it? You probably didn't think that the spurs would get owned like this after racing to a 2-0 lead in this series, sweeping their last couple of...
  66. The BEAR

Regardless of who wins this series, OKC will tear them a new one in the Finals. What they lack in experience, they make up for in youth, enthusiasm, speed, and .... Derek Fisher :D The Durant-Westbrook one-two punch is about as lethal as the Jordan-Pippen attack was back in the day.... only...
  67. The BEAR

Greenberg to take over from gallop?

Since our inception, yes. But 6 of our 8 premierships have been won in the last 30 years or so.. And we've been around for 77 years now
  68. The BEAR

Samsung Galaxy S3

Samsung's phones are way too small nowadays. When they release a phone which barely takes 2 hands to grip, then I'll buy one. Until then, these tiny little Samsung phones can wait...
  69. The BEAR

T-Rex Signs with Dogs!

Because of this thing they call a salary cap?
  70. The BEAR

Bulldogs logo used for another club!!!

lol go the nuffies!
  71. The BEAR

Injuries from last night

Hopefully you're out for the season you dud.
  72. The BEAR

Tony Williams struggling with thought of leaving Manly mates

x 2 Only I'll put it simpler. Rep football aside, I will not support any player who does not love this club or put in 100% for this club. The club is bigger than any rugby league player out there.
  73. The BEAR

The "BIGGEST" team we've ever fielded?

You're not wrong. Look at the size of the bloke, next to the nearest player!
  74. The BEAR

BIG MAAAAAAAAAAARN!!! fk oath!!! well, FMD... while we're in the 80's... i'll pay tribute to some other big boppers we've had: Mark Sargent David Gillespie (Before he became a b!tch and joined Manly)
  75. The BEAR

Yeah I remember Hickey was a big boy... with or without the maccas gut! Do you remember Mark Sargent? He had some bulk about him! Oh.. and who could forget Big Bad Bustling Barry Ward!???
  76. The BEAR

With all the hype going around at the moment about Big Kas (aka "DogZilla"), I'm starting to wonder if we've ever had a bigger squad of players in a previous era? Look at all the beasts/tanks/man-mountains who have donned the blue-and-white jersey (in FG) in recent times: Willie Mason...
  77. The BEAR

Move over Coal Train here comes Dogzilla (Kasiano)

There'll be a "Dogzilla" banner in the crowd for the Souths game. You watch.
  78. The BEAR

How th fu*k did we loose them all !!

This. It's been 8 yrs already! Why would you want any of our 2004 squad now? Because they won a GF? I don't recall anyone sorely missing 1995 GF winning players like Jim Dymock, Jason Smith, Rod Silva, or Jason Hetherington before we won the 2004 grand final. It's a new era now. Let 2004 go ffs.
  79. The BEAR

A message from Krisnan Inu ...

oh, almost forgot. Jason Williams and Jarrod McCracken were 2 of our best Kiwi backs!
  80. The BEAR

Doh. I was one post too late.
  81. The BEAR

Since when was Tonga a Kiwi? I think you meant Willie Talau. And let's not forget John Timu.
  82. The BEAR

Kicks for touch

Why would you ask that if we were in front by 18?
  83. The BEAR

A flash in the pan. Perhaps he became homesick which is why he's playing somewhat better nowadays for Zenit and Russia
  84. The BEAR

Arshavin was in fine form a couple of years back. Then he joined Arsenal... Then he turned to sht lol
  85. The BEAR

If he maintains his EPL form, RVP will kill it @ Euro. He had a forgettable world cup in South Africa, so he'll be looking to be firing for the Dutch this time round.
  86. The BEAR

Just a thought

Nah it was heaps old. It was a thread from 2008 when Judas dogged us for Toulon. Back then, nuffies were running amuck on these forums and the mere thought of SBW or Reni was enough to make them jizz
  87. The BEAR

Any news/goss on RVP's future with arsenal? Negotiations will obviously stall while he's away at Euro2012 next month
  88. The BEAR

Just a thought

I remember some Kenneler saying that any bulldogs fan who wouldn't give their left nut for SBW and Maitua to return knows nothing about league and is kidding themselves. Fk I wish I could find a link to that thread!
  89. The BEAR

Bulldogs Player Movements, Re-Signings, and Rumour Mill: 2012 Edition

Maybe he means "good sauce"? I get plenty of good info on the back of my bottle o' ketchup ;)
  90. The BEAR

Juventus FC Super Thread

Meh... If I have facts, I back them up with evidence. I don't go around saying I know the real story cos I can say sh!t like "ciao bella"
  91. The BEAR

Bulldogs team unchanged for Titans

* waits for chipandZEE to rehash his hate for Hodko with another "Hodkinson --> NSW Cup" comment *
  92. The BEAR

Juventus FC Super Thread

wtf is this? Well done. You've just reworded your last post without adding anything new. You could've just said "i just know sh!t you don't cos I know how to speak and read Italian" It's a good thing my Italian mates didn't read any of your drivel. They'd be ashamed to think they share the...
  93. The BEAR

Juventus FC Super Thread

Oh I see. If we don't read or understand Italian then surely we can't know what goes on. Typical Juve supporter. Fickle as they come. Cheating/rorting/match-fixing. It is what it is. Regardless of the "language" it's done in. Just because you can read Italian, that automatically makes you...
  94. The BEAR

Juventus FC Super Thread

Spewin. It's Milan's next season. You Juve supporters enjoy this while it lasts.
  95. The BEAR

Team performance under Des

Yeah, well they shouldn't go overboard with it... if the pass isn't on, then just hold on to the fr!ggin pill...
  96. The BEAR

Lakers tough it out against the Nuggets and are in control. 3-1 They should close it out in the next one.
  97. The BEAR

Most Hated Players 1-4

How so? I would've thought it was the Dragons or the Eels! Roosters are done and dusted. We buried them in 2004 and not a single nail in the coffin had budged ever since.
  98. The BEAR

Kris Keating - 2012 Discussion Thread

The ranga went alright against Parra. but is this going to be the only blinder he has for us in 2012? Roberts normally had that 'one good game' a year when he played for us. "that game" vs Brisbane where he totally outplayed Lockyer was the only good game he had that year. Hopefully Keating...