Search results

1. Pottz

Kiks in doubt for Friday

So Knight contributed nothing in his 28 minutes except sun blindness from his hair and injuring our best player? 3 points to Knight, what a game.
  2. Pottz

Kurt Mann is so underrated

Absolutely right, Ennis was calling it that way too. Does all the little things right, rock hard in defence with great technique and knows his place in attack, can spark something but never overplays his hand. Our best acquisition aside from Crichton.
  3. Pottz

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

How good has Kikau been today? Same last week, he is doing everything perfectly at the moment, when JAC is outside him they are going to absolutely wreck teams down that side.
  4. Pottz

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

We need to be totally ruthless here. Put 50 on them and keep them to 0, we have totally dominated and we need to stay focused.
  5. Pottz

3-2-1 Round 2 vs Sharks

Great post. I would give Kikau the 3 points and Curran the 2 points though, Kikau did everything you said AND he was leading the kick chase almost every time AND he has a great defensive technique, hits harder than anyone else. He’s our most important player I think, if he keeps playing like...
  6. Pottz

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 2 - Post Game Thread - Sharks 25 - 6 Bulldogs

Very true, but he gets to choose what he does with the minutes he does get. 18m run in 25 minutes tonight, 36m run in 28 minutes last week.
  7. Pottz

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 2 - Post Game Thread - Sharks 25 - 6 Bulldogs

Positives: - Burton improved a lot. 118m run, 1 line break and 3 tackle busts, plus he was using Kikau and Crichton much more than last week. - Curran rapidly becoming my favourite player. 60 minutes, 40 tackles, 95m run, beautiful hair. - If Kikau plays like that and has JAC outside him we...
  8. Pottz

Opinion Francis Molo ?

Right?! It's the Haas effect. You've got the agile guys with big tanks like Haas, Fonua-Blake, JFH and Tapine, and then the big boppers like Leota and Collins, all of them are just carving it up over the last few years. Worth every cent too.
  9. Pottz

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Post Game Discussion Thread

I’d say Crichton has always been planned at centre, ‘buying him as a fullback’ never made sense to me in the ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ kinda way. Definitely agree that Xerri should have been there instead of Wilson but in the centres with Kiraz to wing, Kiraz is not a centre and never...
  10. Pottz

News Kikau’s Comeback Season

Totally right. We bought him because of what he did for Penrith and we’re using him in a way that doesn’t give him the chance to do what he did for Penrith. The try last night shows what happens when we use him correctly. I don’t mind him having to a lot of defence as he’s a good defender who...
  11. Pottz

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Great analysis and all correct. The errors killed us especially in the first half, they let Parra dominate possession and drain our energy in defence so that the few attacking chances we did have went to waste. For me Burton was especially disappointing tonight, it is so frustrating watching a...
  12. Pottz

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

After round 1 no coach in the competition will swing the axe on selections. Forced change likely for JAC so either Tracey or Xerri to centre and Kiraz to wing. He’ll possibly switch Curran and Salmon but Curran ended up playing 67 minutes anyway so not much of a switch in reality. Positives...
  13. Pottz

Curran has been a highlight for me. Has outplayed Salmon completely, they should be swapped next week.
  14. Pottz

This is where Burton is so frustrating. We so desperately need a big attacking play and he is absolutely capable of a big step and run but just won’t do it.
  15. Pottz

We let in two tries in 30 degree heat, with half the possession of the opposition, after making 6 errors. Last year we’d have been 30-0 down at half time, not 14-0. Attack is always going to struggle with no possession and our best attacking player with one arm hanging. We are a long way off...
  16. Pottz

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Game day Thread vs. Storm: Trial 1 @ Belmore, 7pm

Great summary, agree with everything you’ve said. Xerri’s still got it. Could easily have overplayed his hand last night given how much he would have been busting to get out there but I thought he was really good, he bends the line and doesn’t look to have lost any pace. I really hope we find...
  17. Pottz

Opinion Captain Super Flop (Powder Puff) RFM [RANT]

Great post, your description of how he tries to bend(?) the line is spot on. To add to what you've said, when he does that spin/back away he tries to use his arms to push the defenders off rather than his body to actually knock them over which just adds to the ineffectiveness.
  18. Pottz

Opinion King & Knight are an upgrade on TPJ & Thompson

Slightly off topic but couldn’t see a better thread for this.. my wife was out for lunch with her siblings yesterday and they ran into one of her brother’s mates who in turn is mates with Liam Knight who was there too. Wifey said he was the nicest guy, she told him I’m a diehard Dogs fan and...
  19. Pottz

News Gus v Tigers: The Luai Lottery goes into overdrive

Signing Luai only ever made sense for us if the plan was to play him at 5/8 and shift Burton to the centres, or trade Burton back to the Panthers. Putting Luai and Burton together in the halves was never going to work. On top of that, it never made sense for us to spend as much as Laui wanted on...
  20. Pottz

Opinion The Work Behind The Scenes

Exactly. Cast the net as wide as possible and build a funnel that’ll be very wide at the top and narrow at the bottom, but it won’t be closed! (Mixed metaphors I know).
  21. Pottz

Player swap: Eels audacious play for Josh Addo Carr

Taking this whole situation with a grain of salt as no-one is confirming anything… but it really pisses me off to be honest. JAC is a great player on his day and is always a threat in attack (notwithstanding his defence is questionable). He is on top money for a winger, gets rep bonuses and...
  22. Pottz

Goal Kicker Options 2024

I have no idea why teams don't do this if they have multiple good goalkickers. Can only assume it's to let one player focus on it as his job and be incentivised to put in the training and practice, but surely that one player would need less practice if he's only ever going to kick from one side...
  23. Pottz

Panthers v Broncos - GF thread

He looked like a guy playing his last game for his team too I reckon. Having to come off injured didn’t help but he looked pretty miserable whenever he was on camera after full time.
  24. Pottz

Panthers v Broncos - GF thread

And does all that even though: - It’s the last 20 minutes of an insanely fast GF in 30 degree heat - He has a couple of players off with HIAs and no Luai - There’s 80k people screaming at him and millions watching on TV - The Broncos know that if anyone can sink them it’s him so they’re throwing...
  25. Pottz

News Billy Slater urges Bulldogs rethink over star recruit Stephen Crichton

Great insight. He also won’t develop it as a centre - too few opportunities and too wide of the ruck. 2024 is his crunch year, either he becomes the player we’ve only seen glimpses of, or the media drums beat loudly and his confidence falls and he ends up kicking stones or moved to his non...
  26. Pottz

Opinion Crichton the Slug

He will be the litmus test for Ciraldo next year. If he goes from arguably top 5 player in the competition right now to just another poor defender and offering nothing in attack like the rest of our team, we’ll know for sure that Ciraldo isn’t up to it.
  27. Pottz

News ‘We have standards’: Bulldogs skipper shuts down criticism of club’s culture

I can’t help but point out that I have actually acknowledged in a separate post in this thread that I was wrong to call you ignorant.. yet it’s been almost a full day since you chucked a heap of abuse my way and not a whisper of accountability from you. Each to their own I guess.
  28. Pottz

News ‘We have standards’: Bulldogs skipper shuts down criticism of club’s culture

Glad I could give you a laugh… I am sorry to keep litigating this but: Yes it existed in the past but no it wasn’t dealt with. It was ignored either innocently (they didn’t know) or maliciously (they thought sufferers should just get over it). Yes it exists now and it is being dealt with. It‘s...
  29. Pottz

Fixed it for you: “what was previously classified as mental health issues back in the day (a select group of professionally diagnosed psychotic or PTSD cases) undiagnosed due to ignorance, stigma, shame or simple lack of relevant research and understanding has been correctly broadened to a...
  30. Pottz

Everyone is different and I’m not trying to diagnose from afar but one of the things my boy did was memorise and fixate on certain things around that age, he could recite about 50 dinosaur names (the scientific names) on sight. Pretty cool skill to have actually, and the thing that often gets...
  31. Pottz

Five lines in a post. Nine false claims. That is a 180% success rate of utter rubbish. You can’t seriously believe any of this. I know I’m being trolled here. Surely.
  32. Pottz

To be fair I suppose I shouldn’t have called him ignorant and then complained about abusive posts. My 8 year old that I talked about in my earlier post loves the Dogs but I refuse to let him read or post on TK because no matter the topic of any given thread, you are guaranteed some gutter...
  33. Pottz

If you ever wonder how I could have been a member of TK for 15 years and have only posted <100 times, it’s posts like that. The casual abuse thrown at other posters on here is disgraceful.
  34. Pottz

It is a seriously impressive achievement to pack this much ignorance into a single post.
  35. Pottz

Thanks for being genuinely interested and curious about this. Here’s another spin on this topic for you to think about. I have an 8 year old son who was diagnosed with autism and ADHD when he was 5. We knew something was up before that but it took a while to face facts.. as a parent you want...
  36. Pottz

Rd 25 vs Raiders 3-2-1

Update: 1. AFL Bulldogs just beat a half strength Geelong on Saturday night. That meant Carlton had to beat GWS for the Dogs to scrape into the finals. 2. Carlton vs GWS was the last game of the round, didn’t finish until 9 last night, thus maximising my anxiety. 3. Carlton did not beat GWS...
  37. Pottz

Official Round 26 - Bulldog v Manly- Team List + Match Page Discussion

In a desperate search for something positive, Wilson has been really good today. Never stops trying and has good pace, also put a good hit on Parker. Really hoping there’s a spot for him next year.
  38. Pottz

What is with our defensive line rushing up, almost overrunning the attacking player, and then planting their feet so the attack can just go around them and cut us to pieces? I never really noticed it before so maybe it’s just today, but if I went back and watched a few previous games I reckon...
  39. Pottz

We are so awful that whenever we do something basic like complete a set the Fox commentators are like “that’s better from the Dogs”. Stuff that doesn’t get a mention for other teams because it’s just basic football 101.
  40. Pottz

Rd 25 vs Raiders 3-2-1

All the points to both the NRL and AFL Bulldogs for making this year a truly miserable one. [I lived in Melbourne for 5 years so I adopted the AFL Bulldogs (I am a simple man). They won the comp in 2016 for the first time since 1954 so I bandwagoned that for everything it was worth]. Fast...
  41. Pottz

Official Dogs Decline(NRL 360)

Absolutely. Most teams have one stronger attacking side and have their structures set up to try and take advantage of it. We seem to be trying to balance both sides which just dilutes them both and the opposition defence ends up with nothing to worry about.
  42. Pottz

Official Dogs Decline(NRL 360)

This is doing my head in too. I can kind of understand not wanting to stack one side of the field full of guns and leave the other side with inexperienced ball hogs (looking at you Kiraz) but when we can’t score points to save our lives why not just go with a stacked left side and send the ball...
  43. Pottz

News ‘Why is he in cotton wool?’ Myraid of Dogs’ issues laid bare as legend says coach deserves more heat

Exactly right. It’s like a chain reaction - poor spine and no gun front rower leads to poor attack leads to too much defence leads to heads down and the cycle just repeats. Yes Ciraldo has made some poor selections and bench rotations but those shouldn’t be terminal, every coach does it...
  44. Pottz

Official Round 24 - Bulldog v Knight - Team List + Match Page Discussion

Let’s just all give thanks for The Kennel game day thread, at least you can come here and share the pain.
  45. Pottz

Did you see the halftime footage from our dressing room? JAC in a corner by himself just looking angry or bored or both. The rest of the team just standing around in small groups, barely any talk. We’re in some trouble.
  46. Pottz

This is just so dispiriting. We have nothing. Completely disinterested group of players who no longer care. Weak defence, boring attack, no talk, just waiting for the season to end. I can’t remember being this disappointed.
  47. Pottz

SMH Luai

This only makes sense if the club thinks we’ve got a halfback sorted (whether it’s Sexton or another signing) and is pushing Burton to centre. Burton and Luai as the halves won’t work, they are far too similar and Burton would have to resume doing all the kicking which is one of the great things...
  48. Pottz

WORST GOAL LINE DEFENCE I'VE EVER SEEN

I agree, but I think what teams have figured out is that if you kick long you’ve got zero chance of getting it back and it’ll usually go 40-45m and the attack ends up back in the red zone anyway on tackle 1 or maybe tackle 2. Kicking short means giving up 10m of field position, but in return you...
  49. Pottz

Morrin had to have been yelling at Topine and anyone else on his right to cover Willison (who he’s pointing at directly!) because Morrin was worried about the attacker to Willison’s right. Topine stays on the other side of the ruck until it’s too late, and not one other player responds to the...
  50. Pottz

Exactly right. Ciraldo clearly knows how to set up a defensive structure, as should every coach and assistant, and teach his players to follow it. What’s missing for us is the effort first and foremost, followed closely by the footy smarts. Effort gets you back in the defensive line every...
  51. Pottz

Sadly this is 100% right. Both are too small to be forwards and don’t offer anything else to make up for it. I know Bateman isn’t in great form this year but he’s a comparable size to Topine and Morrin I think, and just offers so much more.
  52. Pottz

Skelton

Staggered that anyone could be critical of Skelton today. First real game of first grade and clocks 180m from 21 runs. Went looking for the ball on virtually every yardage set, looked good in attack even though we never gave him the slightest bit of room to move. He and Kiraz are a great...
  53. Pottz

The try by Willison was one of the poorest defensive plays I’ve ever seen from us or anyone. Ennis was almost ready to run out there and remind us how to tackle. Morrin is screaming at someone (himself?) to cover Willison in case he tries to barge over from dummy half. Topine is on the other...
  54. Pottz

Okunbor coming off the bench

In the last few weeks I’ve actually wanted to write a defence of Okunbor because I thought he hasn’t been too bad - not great, but solid enough. I watched him a bit more closely today and you’re right, he is so tentative in his ball running and has no impact at the line whatsoever, nor does he...
  55. Pottz

Sexton

Perfect post. You could see early, even before the game in the dressing room footage, that we were fired up and wanting to atone for last week. I think most of us would have been fine (sort of) with losing that game as long as we were still in it at the end. It reminded me of the first quarter...
  56. Pottz

Official Toby Sexton Signed Immediately

Really solid game from Sexton and impressive after what, two training sessions? As others have said he’s a proper organising halfback and has a big boot on him, so we now have a big kicker on either side of the field. Fox commentators also noted that Sexton got back to be dummy half on most of...
  57. Pottz

Opinion Reed can’t play 80

Allowing for the fact we all assumed Flanagan was on the bench last night to give Reed a spell but didn’t (go figure), I really don’t get the criticism everyone gives Reed for his defence and missed tackles. This year he’s making on average 42 tackles per game at 89.4% efficiency, so missing...
  58. Pottz

Yep that's fair. The other thing about missed tackles is I don't think any credit is given for the initial impact.. apparently the official definition is "defensive player does not bring player to ground or complete tackle", so if you've impacted the attacker but haven't knocked him over or...
  59. Pottz

As I’ve said elsewhere, both Flanagan and Oloapu average 2-3 missed tackles per game too. It’s a halfback’s lot in life, they get an edge player running right at them every set so they’re going to miss sometimes. As long as they are positioned right, don’t expose their inside and outside...
  60. Pottz

Opinion Why Holbrook Is The Man For The Job

A perfectly good coach who was just sacked by the Titans in favour of Des, so perhaps not so perfectly good after all. And they have Tino, Brimson and Fifita playing out of their skins this year yet they’re sitting outside the 8. Happy to bring him in as an assistant if he wants it but the...
  61. Pottz

Official Round 19 vs Souths - Team List and Game Day Thread

Morrin is the one I hesitated about the most but he is trying to be a hard running middle and just gets dominated too often given his size. I like him (and his combover) and would be ok him staying in but Brown offers more in my view, at least he can ball play.
  62. Pottz

In his 9 games this year Flanagan has made 202 tackles at 90% efficiency, so 22 tackles per game with 2 missed. In his 7 games this year Oloapu has made 156 tackles at 87% efficiency, so 22 tackles per game with 3 missed. In other words they are virtually identical players defensively but...
  63. Pottz

In all seriousness even knowing it’s not going to happen: Wilson or Burns to fullback and Perham dropped, never to return to first grade Alamoti dropped, he needs a month in NSW Cup to get his confidence back Skelton to wing and Kiraz to centre Rajab dropped, he is miles off first grade and...
  64. Pottz

Unpopular opinion

This is pretty much bang on. Oloapu was poor today and not for the first time. His kicks are really ineffective and he never really tries his hand with ball in hand, he has been hyped for a while so hopefully this is just 18 year old nerves and inexperience, but if we plan to stick with him...
  65. Pottz

Perspective

The Warriors are a long way from trash. They have lost a few recently but they are a much better team than they’ve been for many seasons. Webster is a good coach, they haven’t been flogged once this year and he has them playing with effort and passion. Fonua-Blake is playing out of his skin, as...
  66. Pottz

Official Round 11 Bulldogs vs Warriors Game Day Thread

What a terrible performance. You want to try and find the positives even when you lose, but that was truly awful tonight. We were steamrolled through the middle, I can’t remember a single Warriors set where they didn’t have players just charging upfield dragging our defenders with them. Their...
  67. Pottz

Official Round 11 Bulldogs vs Warriors Game Day Thread

Don’t worry guys we’ve got this one according to my dream last night, in which we win 64-4 and Andrew Johns is walking around the field talking to players with a microphone during play, including Averillo while he’s taking a try conversion kick for some reason. Lock it in.
  68. Pottz

Opinion Jack Bird

And he's only 28. People remember the trajectory he was on at the Sharks and how it all fell apart when he went to Brisbane, but since then he's settled down into a really solid player with all the attributes we need. Yes he needs more discipline but he wouldn't break the bank and would be a...
  69. Pottz

Rd 10 vs Raiders 3-2-1

Bankers: 3 - Burton. He is playing much better at 7 than he did at 6 because his hands are on the ball way more and he is liking the control that gives him. He is still running the ball on occasion though which is good because he’s good at it and it makes him more dangerous. And his kicking game...
  70. Pottz

News Averillo scores spectacular double to leave Dragons hanging by a thread

Absolutely right. Kikau running hard lines, TPJ offloads, even Thompson hitting up with speed.. these guys will make the space for what is now a seriously fast backline to do their thing, and then we’ll have Oloapu doing freaky stuff, Burton being freed up to be the Hynes type of halfback and...
  71. Pottz

News Averillo scores spectacular double to leave Dragons hanging by a thread

Watch the second try again and the way he jinks inside and then accelerates away even faster than he was running before… that means he has another gear even after running 60m. Seriously fast kid, with him on one side and JAC on the other we are a threat every time we swing it wide.
  72. Pottz

Braidon Burns Appreciation Thread

Played like a man who knows he has to give it everything just to get a spot in the backline, was absolutely massive today and I doubt we win without him. Played almost the entire game on one leg, 3 line break assists, 6 tackle busts, 163m run.
  73. Pottz

Alamoti

He has been quieter in attack since JAC went down but to his credit he has adjusted his game a bit to focus more on yardage plays and defence which his numbers today demonstrate. Great maturity for a young kid, Ciraldo must be stoked with his progress. Our centres are basically locked in...
  74. Pottz

Rd 7 vs Eels 3-2-1

3. King - 72 minutes(!), 153 metres and 49 tackles. What an absolute beast. 2. TPJ - 48 minutes, 121 metres and 21 tackles. Couple of errors but that’s just part of the package, would love if he could come out like that every week and play some more minutes. Our only forward who sets out to...
  75. Pottz

Was Ciraldo really the Penrith defensive coach?

This exactly (again). Perham was ordinary today I thought, no threat in attack and made a few errors. Averillo rarely gets space in the centres and that’s when he’s at his best, fullback is clearly his best position and we need to change up our attack with no JAC or now Kiraz for a while.
  76. Pottz

Was Ciraldo really the Penrith defensive coach?

This exactly. A centre who is in the team purely for his attacking speed was just a passenger. You could understand a middle forward staying on to be a big body for short hit ups and tackles, but to carry Averillo for so much of the game was a really strange decision, wouldn’t have changed the...
  77. Pottz

Official Round 6 Bulldog V Sutton & Rabbitoh

Absolutely, and our fatigue was exacerbated by (a) a ridiculous turnaround from the last game, (b) a bunch of really young guys not yet used to the grind, (c) a sin bin call that literally only the video ref and Cronk thought was anywhere close to legitimate, and (d) an early injury to our main...
  78. Pottz

I know it sounds odd after having 50 points put on us, but basically they pulled us apart in two ten minute periods at the end of each half. Outside of those periods we were competitive at least. We were never going to win it with the cattle we were able to put on the park, but there’s just...
  79. Pottz

Things I’ve learned (or relearned) from that game: 1. Glory Glory should be banned from being played at any ground at any time under any circumstances. 2. Reynolds is still capable of some amazing brain snaps. 3. Alamoti will need some counselling this week, he got absolutely destroyed in...
  80. Pottz

All Hail The King..

Only (!) played 51 minutes due to the injury but still managed 38 tackles and ran 166m. What a machine, our most important player given the carnage in the forwards. Credit to Waddell too, ran for 187m and made 35 tackles which pretty much negated King being off for as long as he was.
  81. Pottz

CC and Okunbor

This is so right. I’d also throw in: - Alamoti, you’re going to dominate in a few years but in the meantime play to your strengths and remember you have the world’s best winger next to you so err on the side of giving him the ball rather than trying the hero play yourself. - Perham, just catch...
  82. Pottz

Paul Alamoti

Great insight. The best thing about him is that at 19 he is already physically imposing and a strong runner, and a lot of other young players with those attributes would be constantly trying for the hero play. This kid already has the maturity to know his strengths and when to use them, but...
  83. Pottz

Kiraz

It’s hard right because the list of players successfully moving from wing to fullback is pretty short and Perham is showing some good signs so it’s hard to see how we improve overall by switching them. Crystal ball says at some point Perham is dropped, Kiraz to fullback and Skelton to centre.
  84. Pottz

Kiraz

I don’t think he got dominated in a single hit up tonight, he bends the defence almost every single time and to break 10 tackles is mental. Looks like his upper body is playing catchup with his legs when he’s running but he is absolutely killing it again this year. Perham is looking pretty good...
  85. Pottz

Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

No need to read any other comments, this is the one It was 30 degrees, the ground was full of Manly gronks, it‘s round 1. Manly were good and they will be right up there this year if Turbo stays fit and DCE keeps playing like that. Their pack is also going to be pretty dominant and ours was...
  86. Pottz

Burton is just a centre (March 23)

It’s game 1 and his first game as captain, give him some time at least. He is clearly nervous and/or rusty. Turbo hasn’t exactly set the world on fire either.
  87. Pottz

Opinion 2023 ref decision

What a ridiculous decision. Not even close to a 50/50, Turbo turned on the Hollywood skills and the video referee fell for it. Mind you, the video referee is probably just listening to the Fox commentators take turns to fellate Turbo over and over again…
  88. Pottz

Thanks Kennelers

Great thread, thanks to all of you for the great discussions throughout the season. I joined TK almost 14 years ago, 2022 was the year I finally decided to contribute some content to the discussions for whatever reason (*shrugs*) and I plan to keep it up, but it’s a rare day when I don’t check...
  89. Pottz

The Burton conundrum

There are some really great posts in this thread, most of which agree that we need and want Burton in the side but the conundrum is where and how to play him. On his running game, it is clearly in there and he has shown it a bit this year but whereas at Penrith he was expected to do it (at...
  90. Pottz

Rd 22 vs Warriors 3-2-1

Bankers 3 to Vaughan. 54 minutes, 27 tackles, 160m run, bent the line every time and was constantly looking to offload (if only someone was there to take them). Gutted we’re losing him next year. 2 to RFM - 80 minutes, 40 tackles, 160 m run. Tried hard all night, no one running with him to take...
  91. Pottz

Thommo & TPJ - The front row that never fronts.

To my mind Thompson is the easier and more obvious one who we need to cut loose. He was a needed signing at the time and was worth the bet given his form and potential, but hindsight is easy and now we know we paid overs. Covid really messed him around too (more than most). TPJ is in his first...
  92. Pottz

Your most hated opposition player in the NRL?

Even if every other player that could possibly be hated was on this list, it would still be Cody Walker for me. He will take the low road grub option every single time. “Aggressively dirty” is a perfect description of his playing style, it just seems like he gets off on a grub act way more than...
  93. Pottz

Opinion TPJ

Totally agree with this. I get why Potter would have been hesitant to start him given all the talk during the week and the likelihood of TPJ trying too hard and getting sent off… but he would have been far more damaging in the first 20 minutes and would have put the fear of God into Tino and a...
  94. Pottz

Opinion It hurts now but

Not sure I’ve ever felt as positive after a loss. Souths are coming into some form and will be a serious contender this year once they stitch together an 80 minute effort. They also have Latrell who was basically the difference today, NSW probably win last week if he’s there, he is an absolute...
  95. Pottz

Declan Casey named in the squad again??

Give the kid a break. He has probably not slept a wink since his first game, can you imagine how embarrassing and heartbreaking it would be to work your whole life to get to first grade and then nerves (plus atrocious conditions) get the better of you in front of thousands of people? The club...
  96. Pottz

The only times we will win this season

From your original post: “Look at those 2 wins we had and that is all what happened.” And from your latest post: “Reality is, we cannot score tries off well structured plays”. I just have an issue with absolute statements like this. I wasn’t trying to argue that we only score tries from...
  97. Pottz

The only times we will win this season

I’ve said this on other threads but worth repeating I think - why are intercepts and tries off kicks somehow inferior or ‘lucky’? Compared to what? Intercept tries usually need the courage to go for it (knowing if you miss you’ve messed up badly) and the skill to actually catch the ball and...