Search results

1. B

Every State represented in Finals

So Queensland, Victoria, ACT, NZ and NSW representatives will play finals. If you break down NSW, have Sydney Metro (Easts, Cronulla), Sydney Regional (Penrith) and NSW Regional (Newcastle) represented. Really the only region not represented is North Queensland. It's a low representation...
  2. B

Fullback theory. Luxury vs. Reliability

Earlier I'd posted that Sloane would be a Reece Walsh in a top team. To elaborate... I think Walsh is good, but he's a "luxury" fullback. When he was at the Warriors, his good stuff was sensational, his bad stuff, which was often, was often punished. He's better at the Broncos because he gets a...
  3. B

Eg 999,999 of media bias against club. QLD 14th man

This is also happened when Souths had 14th man controversy in earlier rounds. So Queensland had 14 at one point last night.. And this SMH article has repeated how it reported the situation, and this time, and it's what compelled me to post, it's gone out of its way to "gloss over what...
  4. B

Luke Keary refreshing on Fox

Just said that Coen Hess shouldn't have sinbinned, which is correct. Said as a half, he does like the protection, but also appreciates that he needs to be pressured to be at his best. Said the Preston sinbin was bogus. He seems to be sensible. Likeable.
  5. B

Differential penalty should be more widely used

At the risk of being accused of taking liberties with the Bulldogs Discussion, I think what happened today to the Tigers is highly relevant to what has happened a number of times to the Bulldogs. And it occurred to me, the answer is very simple really. I've mentioned it in the past here: I...
  6. B

WST-PEN Backtrack ahead of origin only enrages further

So the Wests - Panthers game has now gone 45 minutes, with several high shot penalties... but no sin-bins. We all predicted that they couldn't allow State of Origin to be marred by the ludicrous over reaction. And the NRL community have been increasingly vocal, to contribute to this perceived...
  7. B

Crackdown journos. No sarcasm, do they want oztag?

I've been infuriated in the past few weeks with the belligerence of Kent, Hooper, now Hadley and others over the "absolute necessity" for the crackdown. Kent and Hooper were extremely rude with Clint Newton of the RLPA on the weekend. And one of the things Hooper has pretended he wants is...
  8. B

NRL clown world. Canberra's James not sent off

I'm apoplectic. The NRL administration have a lot to answer for. Raiders' James has just been sin-binned because of foul play. He dropped his knee into the Roosters' JWH. Everyone has been calling for the NRL to be sensible. Not send off players, like they did with Hethro, and others, for...
  9. B

Why is Trent Robinson allowed to criticise official

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-axes-bunker-official-for-failing-to-act-as-roosters-player-rushed-to-hospital-20210508-p57q3a.html Justified or not (and as much as I dislike the Roosters, it kinda is) why if Trent Robinson allowed to criticise the officials without penalty. Rightly, the...
  10. B

Board should reprimand Barrett for writing off season

He won't be sacked... And I'm sure the club want to keep things all positive and deflect any blame on Barrett.. but if he thinks that because no one would blame him for writing off the season, so he's unconditionally putting Hoppoate, Flannagan, Katao, Elliot and a few others on the teamsheet...
  11. B

Closed session friendly maybe?

Am I misremembering that occasionally, a club might play a closed session friendly against some form of rival? I'm aware of the opposed session, which is a game of mixed members of the squad. And I'm sure the idea of a semi-competitive game midweek holds so much risk... But we are in a...
  12. B

First try gripe

I led with the image, so you'll already know what I'm griping about. Let me be clear. By how the game is refereed, there is nothing wrong with the try. And our defence do not get exonerated here as a) they need a bigger effort in the scramble to set against Kaufusi b) just fucking stop him...
  13. B

To'o kick on DWZ, no action

I posted this on the match thread, but without audio. Here it is with audio. Not suggesting that To'o intended to do this, but he at the very least carelessly kicked DWZ. You can clearly hear the smack as it connected with DWZ. I can't make out if DWZ and Allen are looking over at the ref or...
  14. B

News Sharks set to become worst finals team in NRL history

This article confirms what I've been observing. I'm sure many of us participate in tipping comps. You dare not choose the team below in any fixture as there have been very few upsets. Of course the first few rounds of any comp are always a bit difficult to call, but this comp settled very...
  15. B

Vale John Fahey - former NSW Premier and Bulldogs reserve grader

https://www.smh.com.au/national/former-nsw-premier-john-fahey-dies-age-75-20200912-p55uyj.html
  16. B

Where does our next win come from?

This NRL season in general has been the worst I can remember in terms of producing very few upsets. Pretty much, the club higher on the ladder is winning almost always. Given that, I'm looking at our run to the end, and I'm dreading that this will be the wooden spoon of all spoons. Where are...
  17. B

Can NRL matches be drawn? So hard to find clear summary of rule changes

I thought golden point was dead? Apparently it is not, and NRL matches can't be drawn. Even the 6 again changes... where are they summarised? It seems hard to find a summary of the NRL rules... it's all so confusing.
  18. B

News NRL grand final to stay in Sydney

Ridiculous decision in my opinion. I hate the idea of the SCG for such an important Rugby League match. NRL grand final to stay in Sydney Adrian Proszenko October 16, 2019 — 3.05pm Send via Email Leave a comment The NRL grand final won’t be leaving Sydney after the NSW Government stumped up...
  19. B

Checchin admits try against Eels(2016) shouldn't have gone to video

From this article: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/i-was-going-to-fake-an-injury-nrl-referee-matt-cecchin-opens-up-about-mental-health-20170406-gvezcm.html You can call me heartless, because I'm ignoring the compassion that is the intent behind the article, but I am super pissed off about...