Search results

1. B

News NRL drops referee

The irony is.. for the obstruction last year (see my vid) it was a Jake who was being obstructed
  2. B

News NRL drops referee

https://streamable.com/fzuudy
  3. B

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Yes. I am very worried. Shades of the Tigers game at Belmore.
  4. B

2024 Round 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Whatever it is, that game a couple of years back, where there so many sin bins, was an awesome game
  5. B

News Should Latrell Mitchell get a fine or ban for dropping so many f bombs after last weeks game

The biggest take away should be that... Latrell very obviously doesn't want to be a professional. I think he does want to be a sportsman... he just doesn't care at all for being a professional. To this end... Gus Gould was wrong with what he said on Nine. He's right about getting control of a...
  6. B

Totally ripped off

They miss everything. It's just incredible.
  7. B

Totally ripped off

Not when South's go there. Honestly, go review the last two matches. If we get what South's get when they go there, we win
  8. B

Official Gus on Twitter

And that's where Gus is harming us. He goes on TV and rants about the NRL, but because it's played of comedic, he no longer holds any sway with the NRL. And we need someone of his stature to be putting the heat on the NRL to acknowledge the uneven refereeing, and rulings being made.
  9. B

Official Gus on Twitter

This is the meme of a cope. How???? How is it possible to be worse. Last season, we didn't get the spoon, but we were the worst team. We are already looking at being 0 - 3, and obviously out of finals contention by round 4. If you are talking about recruitment... what's it going to take for...
  10. B

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

No one in our club does. Just remember, Voldemort: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/canterbury-bulldogs-coach-des-hasler-channels-harry-potter-by-describing-referees-as--voldemorts-20150311-140wah.html
  11. B

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

I've been saying it for years, and I again aim my ire at Gus... since 2002, we've been completely supine in the face of continuous bias against the club. It hit critical mass since the 2014 GF. We need advocacy. Someone to risk "bad press" to push the NRL, establishing a comprehensive dossier...
  12. B

Leniu gets 8 weeks

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wrong-name-wrong-country-roosters-lodge-complaint-with-nrl-over-leniu-judiciary-gaffes-20240314-p5fcj0.html The Roosters are being petty here, but since they were the victim's of pettiness, I'm ok with it. Of course the SC was just clumsy with his words, and it...
  13. B

Scott Vs Leilua - Boxing

The problem for NRL players and MMA is that they are way too thick and heavy. They have to compete at heavyweight etc... absolutely no chance for any of them in those weight classes.
  14. B

Leniu gets 8 weeks

You need to realise (are you Australian?), that you should take it as a given that they know there are cameras etc., and your characterisation of boof heads *is* the bigoted stereotyping you are swooping in to "eliminate". Oh how superior you are. Leniu couldn't of have ever considered the grand...
  15. B

Leniu gets 8 weeks

An event from a couple of years ago put the lie to any fairness in that regards. Indeed for most preciously held assumptions about liberal democracy.
  16. B

Leniu gets 8 weeks

I'm really over this...
  17. B

2024 Round 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Ezra Mam... a Billy Slater type bitch!
  18. B

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Walker is a myth. He really is. And if you are getting those vibes for Burton... which I agree with... it's because Burton is a myth. Lachlan Lewis was better unfortunately. Lewis was not blessed with the athleticism that Burton has, but at least he tried in defence.
  19. B

2024 Round 0 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Inherent in your question is that someone decided that that's it, context be damned, Monkey is a "racist" remark. Make sure that if someone endears themselves to you, you don't call them playfully a "cheeky monkey"... it's nonsense. And someone like me decides I'm not doing it, i'm not calling...
  20. B

"he can't help what he felt".. euch.. I get it. He's a young man, and probably been encouraged by everyone around him to be on the defensive about this stuff. But god dammit. This is where an actual team mate should go up to him and say "look mate, you're a man in a man's game. Get over it, let...
  21. B

The "monkey" thing is so ridiculous. I really don't like Mann. What an emo carnt!
  22. B

News Canterbury In Box Seat To Sign Connor Tracey From Cronulla Sharks

I like kiraz but I think this is the end for him.Ive had my doubts he's physically up for sustained first grade appearances. And I suspect Gould does too
  23. B

May be. End of season is a blur, but why do I remember a Tracey pulling off a very impressive try save? I remember him going super Saiyan one match
  24. B

Sorry if this has been asked, this thread grew pages quickly. Why are the Sharks getting rid? I thought he performed really well at the end of last season. Surely they don't really want to give him up? Are they that bad on salary cap? I've seen some responses here that say he's not that good. I...
  25. B

Referee

He was. But it is so annoying... because if this is the standard of referee'ing, where they need firm evidence of an offence to penalise, rather than looking for the most subjective offence.. for the regular season... then the whole competition closes up and is of a better standard. The NRL...
  26. B

Expansion versus relocation: Why it’s time for NRL to seriously consider moving some of the nine Sydney-based clubs

Dragons should be a standalone club. They should be demerged. Dragons fans are too chill about what happened to them. If I was them I'd be murderous. Because Manly got to demerge, and the Dragons got played
  27. B

2023 Finals Week 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

They are still a top 5 NRL era team regardless, in my opinion they've done enough to be either one or two... But there is a fair mitigation. Two of their grand final were under pandemic affected seasons. And they could say 2022 was still a recovery season, especially for the warriors. And if you...
  28. B

I don't get the Warriors love. It was bad enough seeing Sharks break their duck, whilst the seasons without a Premiership ticked away for us. With Storm gone, Broncos, then Panthers. The Wahs can break their duck after we've reset our clock
  29. B

The send off rule - a work around

If you're going to have your supporters spell out PANTHERS with letter signs, your P and A have to commit to being there every time.. especially if you lose the T and/or the H :-)
  30. B

Did I just hear the ref call six more after he said it hadn't been touched by Melbourne??? Just as Penrith kicked again?
  31. B

Munster went for a strip instead of wrapping up the tackle. He's really annoying
  32. B

Opinion Ben barba pod cast

The interviewers aren't the most experienced, but it's interesting enough
  33. B

2023 Finals Week 2 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

The cheating of course. The ends justified the means, because Munster delivered the right kick, but he tried to sell the dummy rather than kick the field goal, and just generally over egged his play
  34. B

I don't know. He almost lost them that game, multiple times. No one is falling for that dummy at this stage, bro
  35. B

That's the most blatant cheating by NRL officials. Melbourne don't deserve it because Munster is the most of arrogant fucks ever
  36. B

I don't know if it has been mentioned... Munster tried to gee up the crowd a little while ago. It's very flat for a final. There's 100,000 at the MCG for the AFL. They should have scheduled this differently
  37. B

Alex Twal getting released from tigers!

Those Abu Salim prices are irresistible
  38. B

Rumour Alex Twal to become a Bulldog

The latter left the tigers long ago
  39. B

2023 Finals Week 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Even though it went in, I thought it was a dereliction of duty, and when they cut to a shot of him in the box it looked like he was anxious about it, on the part of Adam O'Brien to let Ponga take that penalty kick. Ponga still looked a little groggy from the high shot. I actually count this...
  40. B

Imagine then how bad the Dogs are... It's truly infuriating how far we've fallen
  41. B

Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

No in my opinion. Lewis is a better defender. And though Burton should be a better attacker, I'd say at best he's been on par with Lewis
  42. B

I'm confused as to how this could possibly be the case. I'm *highly* sceptical... I think I saw what I saw...is it possible it's a dislocation... And the other visible aspects are accounted by something else, not.. blood?
  43. B

Fair's fair. Whatever challenges he's has in his personal life, he's been channeling it all into a phenomenal season
  44. B

Another silly one by Walsh... Ok, there's no stakes involved... But he can do this sort of stuff when the game is in the balance... Good luck to him. He can ride the Tiger of being in a red hot Broncos.. I'm convinced averillo would look as good as Walsh in it, though
  45. B

Only because he's at the Broncos. He gets good service, and can get away with over egging attack
  46. B

This is the best performance by a forward I've seen in 40+ years of watching rugby league. Hass is amazing
  47. B

I've said it before, Walsh is no doubt a good player... But he would not be nearly as hyped in a lesser team. Because he make *a lot*.. a noticeable amount of silly errors. In the Bulldogs, aka averillo, they are all punished
  48. B

News James Graham goes toe to toe with the drunk tonight 6.30pm (video up in original post)

He's a scumbag journo fishing for stories, no doubt, but a) the club deserves this discomfort, despite Jammers passionate defence.. and not because of tough love, but because b) jammer rightly said the mental health issues don't and shouldn't shield you from criticism, nor should the "5 year"...
  49. B

Rd 27 vs Titans 3-2-1

3. Help 2. The 1. Aged Because one day they were just like you...
  50. B

Official Bulldog Vs Titan

I still don't like being forced into an "expirement" but a) she seems to lack bias compared to other refs so far b) some of the boys better behaviours are coming to the fore and not giving a woman a hard time. Reed gave himself up. Fifita did too
  51. B

He's been terrible this season
  52. B

So if the opposition offloads, they can have try??? Fucking idiots. You know who is being tackled, you know his ability. Be prepared for that second phase
  53. B

Every State represented in Finals

So Queensland, Victoria, ACT, NZ and NSW representatives will play finals. If you break down NSW, have Sydney Metro (Easts, Cronulla), Sydney Regional (Penrith) and NSW Regional (Newcastle) represented. Really the only region not represented is North Queensland. It's a low representation...
  54. B

2023 Round 27 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

So roosters will make the 8. It makes sense really. It would be highly unusual if only 2 Sydney teams had made the 8. It's already strange that only 3 have
  55. B

Opinion Crichton the Slug

I creamed myself
  56. B

So Tigers, rightly, will cop flack.. but at least 3 of Manly's tries shouldn't have counted. The only reason I care now is something has to be done about the officiating of "lesser" teams late in the season.
  57. B

Voss sings a different tune tonight. Talking about the tigers "no calls"... FFS.
  58. B

Between our game with them, and this game... it's outrageous how many forward passes Manly are allowed to get away with. I'm apoplectic. The NRL is really a joke.
  59. B

Ridiculous, I replayed it. Bullimore just dumps it forward...
  60. B

Is it me, or was that a forward pass offload in Manly's counterattack?
  61. B

I'm envious of Kevvy. Good on the guy. Everyone was mocking him, and he's done an outstanding job. Our two great clubs were in all sorts, and he dug yours out of it, and our idiots have only worsened our situation.
  62. B

The NRL's fetish over quick play the balls is absurd.
  63. B

Bulldogs player walks out

We played them into Finals form
  64. B

Bulldogs player walks out

If you want to understand what's going wrong with the club, letting Burns go is one. I don't care if he carries injuries. He's a leader, and a positive influence. Should have been retained. Strikes me as not one to ask for overs
  65. B

Fox Sports Papali’i and stefano utoikamanu

I like JWH, but I was pumped up that Stefano laughed off the intimidation theatrics. If he's developed well, Stefano is elite
  66. B

Who wins the premiership?

What? To add to another club that has won more recently than the dogs. No thanks. This agony of a wait doesn't need compounding.
  67. B

Opinion Josh Jackson

To be fair, if Preston is a direct result, I'm ok with it
  68. B

Opinion Has the NRLol shot itself in the foot?

We won't, and something is and has been wrong for a while.
  69. B

Unwarranted and unfair': Annesley hits out at criticism of referees - GRAHAM ANNESLEY

I just want to understand.. how do they never question why, once an order of teams is set, the ladder stretches out rapidly. I've not cared if the dogs get the spoon, because for several weeks I've been watching the bottom sides cop the most "cognitive dissonant" bad calls. What the hell was...
  70. B

2023 Round 26 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

If he's tried it, he likes it. You have to lead a horse to water though
  71. B

2023 Round 26 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Anyone, especially those that said Preston's was a classic hip drop can EAD. That from Kerr is a real hip drop, where the feet start planted and are lifted during the tackle motion.
  72. B

Oks

I'm fine with him leaving. But unfortunately it's another player with First Grade athleticism whose career has flagged with the club. I rather suspect there's nothing you can do about that footy brain... But who knows. Our club is chewing athletes up, and spitting them out
  73. B

Souths unrest

I suddenly like Sam Burgess. It sounds like he sees the same things I see in Jason Demetriou. I'm still angry about that post-game press conference.
  74. B

Liam Knight?

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. A bad winner, him and Mitchell and the rest of them. Won't forget him claiming we'd done 4 or 5 hip-drops, whilst our rookie Preston awaited a match review outcome for a non-one.
  75. B

Official Round 26 - Bulldog v Manly- Team List + Match Page Discussion

Fuck it's so sad... I want to emotionally disengage... but then I think "hang on... what if this is one of those games, one of those rare games that happen at a start of an era, where the pieces all fit together. And the future appears?" Someone please come take these white pills away.
  76. B

Souths unrest

Where are you reading this?
  77. B

What Will You Miss About Avo?

Really??? https://streamable.com/n7daj0 I won't miss this
  78. B

Barrett (Attacking Genius) vs Ciraldo (Defensive Guru)

Sticky was the natural big name to try for. "He wouldn't leave Canberra", but Des left Manly
  79. B

You can see it from a mile away - terrible culture

Apr, 2021. We are at new depths btw. We may not be getting the spoon, but we've been conceding at almost 32 points a game the whole year. IMO, this season is worse than wooden spoon 2021.
  80. B

You can see it from a mile away - terrible culture

It is culture... but what culture exactly? No one elaborates, so I shall. It's very simple. There's no doubt that the root cause of the bad performances are from within the club. The problem is it's a chicken and egg. I've talked about this before. The factors that are from outside the club...
  81. B

The Haas family is

That's haram for Payne, bro!
  82. B

2023 Round 25 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Insane decision. Here's another loop hole, is one of the attacking players allowed to impede a defender from a possible intercept? Because of all the things wrong with that try, whatshisnamethatplayedwithus colliding with the defender was an easy out for the video ref I don't understand why...
  83. B

Jake Averillo

He did worse than nothing. We might have avoided the Edwards sinbin if he wasn't just faffing about
  84. B

Gus on 100% Footy

*All* of this talk is idle chatter. No one seems to understand... There's only one way to rectify this situation, and that's to challenge the NRL on *anything* on a point of principle, and win. Take a single scalp. The horse may have bolted on this, but say it's the composition of the...
  85. B

Preston 2-3 weeks

With all due respect, this is cope. It's rationalising something which is just chaotic. I have to defend Preston heavy here, because this narrative will be pushed now in the media, and is a thinking trap. And I say this because, and I don't know why... I have to stop watching Fox, there isn't...
  86. B

Preston 2-3 weeks

I've no doubt he will not be a Bulldog long, unfortunately.
  87. B

Preston 2-3 weeks

No dragging. Hastings lost his feet. In fact you can see Preston detect this and deliberately drop off. But everything happens at pace, so there's a lag. It's the same old line... A defender, and his injury inducing momentum, can't just disappear.
  88. B

Preston 2-3 weeks

People are sleeping on this, but the two unfortunate incidents being interpreted at "hip drops" are going to, if not already, blight his career.
  89. B

Opinion Rugby League is Dead

Ava is such a dumb ****. When Harrison was sin binned, Saifiti ran into and embedded himself into our line. He then put his arms out to shield Ava away from the ball. You see it on the replay, Ava just shrugs as if nothings doing. GO OFF YOUR HEAD. MAKE THE VIDEO REF HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THE...
  90. B

Official Round 24 - Bulldog v Knight - Team List + Match Page Discussion

The curse of surrender. The curse of allowing ourselves to be bullied. To allow ourselves to be instruments for political correctness. "Dogs hold sway with ethnics. Let's get them propping up the political agenda first." The supporters don't, but our administrators deserve it, and more...