Search results

1. BM-dog

AAN number

Happy to donate mine if anyone still needs one. Send me a PM Edit: and it's gone
  2. BM-dog

Premiership match at Belmore next year

With the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs Grand Final bound and the streets of Belmore buzzing today, Chief Executive Raelene Castle has announced that the Club will host an official NRL game at Belmore Sportsground in 2015 as part of the Bulldogs 80th Anniversary Celebrations. The match will be...
  3. BM-dog

Roll Call: Bulldogs vs Panthers Preliminary Final

Finally got around to buying. Pax number 20948, not bad for Tuesday!
  4. BM-dog

Roll Call: Bulldogs vs Panthers Preliminary Final

Venue map - I think we're on the northern end, so our supporter areas are 111/112 and if they're segregating fans we'll have the cat 1/2/3 areas surrounding those bays as well. Are the supporter areas reserved seating? Looks like regular cat 3 is reserved next week for some reason, unlike last...
  5. BM-dog

Random Bulldogs Pics

Stealing it, thanks man!
  6. BM-dog

Everything you need to know : Final Vs Manly.

Also for whoever it was who wanted pax numbers, I just bought my ticket then and it's pax 14160 Also also, man I haven't posted on here for a while, should probably get rid of my Barba avatar...
  7. BM-dog

Everything you need to know : Final Vs Manly.

Yeah that's for this weekend. If we make the prelim vs Penriff it'll be on the Saturday (27th) at ANZ, see here
  8. BM-dog

Des Hasler responds to sacking !

Not an industrial relations lawyer, but if they didn't provide him with details of what he's supposed to have done and so didn't fully give him a chance to defend himself before they sacked him, surely that raises a ton of legal problems for them
  9. BM-dog

2012 Membership Tally!

3405! That's more than a thousand in the last week. Interested to see what happens if they announce Hasler for 2012
  10. BM-dog

Is our assessment on the quality of 2012 starting 17 too biased?

Considering that much the same team missed the 8 only on points difference this year, and obviously wasn't playing to its full potential for most of the year, and didn't have a settled props pairing, I think saying it's obviously a bottom 8 team is pretty unfair. We don't have stars across the...
  11. BM-dog

Is this theory too far fetched?

Was it ever confirmed that the Mortimer thing was a diabolical plot by TG or is it just speculation?
  12. BM-dog

As fans we must make our position clear ...

The idea that we're importing half of Manly is pretty overblown. At the moment all that's happened is we've signed a coach (no big deal, happens all the time) and he's brought along a handful of staff (not that uncommon either). Despite the media hype, it doesn't look like there's going to be a...
  13. BM-dog

Is this a new membership inclusion for 2012?

I was thinking the memberships might have an option to buy a NSW Cup season ticket, but throwing it in for free is sweet! Should get some good turnouts too. Do any other clubs do something similar?
  14. BM-dog

James Graham's Game

Yep, 2.15am on Nine
  15. BM-dog

2012 Membership Tally!

Hahaha fair point
  16. BM-dog

2012 Membership Tally!

Not about category 1 people in general, just had a few people around me who wanted to SCREAM their usually wrong opinions in PIERCING LOUD VOICES throughout the entire match. I know that's not amazing for a footy game, I'm probably being a bit precious, but it was driving me insane by the end of...
  17. BM-dog

2012 Membership Tally!

Partly it's just cause of how early they started selling them, but they always get a ton of memberships. Every year they seem to buy one or two shiny new things (last year Inglis and a couple of extra Burgesses, this year a new coach and yet another Burgess and whatever else) that cause the...
  18. BM-dog

Takeover bid set to rock Manly Eagles

Why do they all care about Peters this much? God almighty.
  19. BM-dog

Crisis rocks Parramatta club as director quits

What, so he's been (allegedly) having an affair with a young female staff member? **** me that is not a pleasant mental image.
  20. BM-dog

Numerous NRL clubs on verge of financial collapse?

Oh I didn't mean Jaycar, I was alluding to Pirtek, MKB Contracting, United Resource Management etc etc
  21. BM-dog

Numerous NRL clubs on verge of financial collapse?

Can hardly be a coincidence that this story comes out shortly after the clubs demanded that the NRL increase the grant. Some clubs are probably struggling but I doubt anyone other than possibly Cronulla is on the brink of collapse, they're just creating a bit of drama to put pressure on the NRL...
  22. BM-dog

Nsw cup and nyc updates

From memory I think it's before the Melbourne game on Saturday
  23. BM-dog

Nsw cup and nyc updates

Norths beat Newtown earlier today which means we'll play them in our NSW Cup preliminary. Double-header at Leichhardt next Sunday. The other prelim, Auckland v Cronulla, is at 1pm and then we play at 3.
  24. BM-dog

A chat with Greenberg.... back to belmore :)

I took a look around yesterday and it's clear there's still a lot of work needed before we can think about hosting NRL games at Belmore. I doubt 2012 is realistic for anything more than trials, junior reps and NSW Cup. Unfortunately a lot of the problem is that previous administrations allowed...
  25. BM-dog

Which band wagon are you on?

Best outcomes would be Tigers or the Warriors winning, though I wouldn't mind if Melb/NQ/Newcastle won either. Anyone but St George, Manly or Brisbane and I'll be fine.
  26. BM-dog

2011- The Positives

Agree that the arrival of a number of great young players is the main plus of the season. The departures of Patten and Tandy and the injury to Ennis have allowed some of the young fellas to step up and show how they're going to fit into the side going forward. Our roster has been in transition...
  27. BM-dog

Parramatta

Absolutely cannot wait for this game, will be cheering the Titans all the way home (which is a first). We may have had a ****ing terrible year but at least we can rest easy in the knowledge that Parra went much, much worse.
  28. BM-dog

Gold Coast v Canberra *spoilers*

Well yes, but it's still satisfying to see that #16 next to Parramatta. Stop being a killjoy :p
  29. BM-dog

Gold Coast v Canberra *spoilers*

Pretty boring game, but more importantly, Tits won and therefore Parra are officially in last place. Hopefully they stay there and we'll have a little something to smile about at season's end
  30. BM-dog

Round 22 Bulldogs v Cowboys Post Match Discussion Thread

Good game! Kept the Cowboys' metres down for most of it, tackled hard, great goal-line defence, looked much sharper in attack. First half was one of our best halves all season. We sagged a bit as NQ attempted a comeback in the second half, but still limited the damage to one try which is pretty...
  31. BM-dog

Where does the profits from the football club go?

The football club doesn't make its own profit or loss, as such, because it's a "consolidated entity" with the leagues club. You could think of it as basically being a department of the leagues club. It has its own budget but it isn't a financially distinct organisation, so any profit or loss is...
  32. BM-dog

Fap away my friends, fap away!

jesus christ that is a thing of beauty. sorry for lack of caps, typing one handed
  33. BM-dog

Eels Fan Helpline

CANTERBURY AND PARRAMATTA: some statistics. Head-to-head wins. Canterbury, 68; Parramatta, 57. Grand finals played in. Canterbury, 16; Parramatta, 9. Wooden spoons. Canterbury, 4 (or 5 if you count 2002); Parramatta, 10. Premierships won. Canterbury, 8; Parramatta, 4. Premierships won in...
  34. BM-dog

Warburton Signs with Celtic

I was critical of him for most of last year, but towards the end of the season he improved and started giving us a bit of impact. Hope he has a good time in Wales.
  35. BM-dog

What kind of TV fan are you ?

I usually sit silently in a ball of nerves, occasionally scream profanities and bang the table if we give away a penalty or make an error or something. In a close game I've been known to get so stressed that I have to mute the game and look away for a minute cause I can't handle the tension...
  36. BM-dog

Favourite Bulldogs Moment

Round 3 2010 vs the chooks, I could watch that vid of Martin Kennedy knocking the ball on with his head and JMoz strolling over for a hattrick all day and not get bored
  37. BM-dog

Favourite Bulldogs Moment

Man, so many. O'Meley vs Gibbs was awesome of course. Craig Polla-Mounter's almost field goal in the 1998 preliminary final, just half a metre off being arguably the greatest play of all time. Patten's match-saving tackle vs Manly in his final game. And Hazem's match-winning try in the 2004 GF...
  38. BM-dog

Barba Signs

Great news! It's been clear for a while that retaining Ben needed to be our number one priority, good to have him signed up for a long period
  39. BM-dog

Another Weedler rant...

Moron. Sure, Tadpole is from a famous family, but does that mean he gets a free pass to piss away two seasons? (Yes, it wasn't his fault entirely, but he bears a lot of the responsibility.) Anyway, who cares, there is absolutely no one who takes this idiot seriously so he can be safely ignored.
  40. BM-dog

Jason Taylor - Four point guide to fixing Dogs this week.

Bit of a crap article mostly. 1: states the obvious 2: states the obvious 3: jumps on the "Canterbury's problem is the high ball!" bandwagon that every media type has been wanking about lately, despite the fact that this has only really been an issue for a couple of weeks. Completely misses the...
  41. BM-dog

OFFICIAL: Kevin Moore quits as Bulldogs coach. Effective immediately.

EXCLUSIVE: Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore has quit the club this afternoon with immediate effect. Former international and club stalwart Jim Dymock will replace Moore for the rest of the season. Moore handed in his resignation this afternoon when it became apparent he had lost the support of the...
  42. BM-dog

The Adelaide Experiment

The equivalent game last year got 10350, so this year was a small dip. They should give us a Sunday game next year. If we're trying to entice out people who don't know much about footy, it'd be easier to do it in the sunshine rather than on a freezing winter night.
  43. BM-dog

The Nathan Hindmarsh 300th Game thread !!!

I'm sure he's a good bloke but choosing to play for Parrascum your whole career, jesus. Should've come over to the dogs in the early 2000s and become a club legend at a club that actually wins premierships once in a while
  44. BM-dog

Enough is ENOUGH.

I strongly doubt Kev will make it to next season, so the question isn't really applicable - but for the record, there's absolutely no circumstances in which I wouldn't renew my membership, short of us merging with Parrascum and moving to Perth or something
  45. BM-dog

Board Elections

Do we actually have any football club members on the Kennel? Not that they'll be able to tell us anything at this point, since it's not clear who the challengers will be, or if there'll be a challenge at all.
  46. BM-dog

How to lose a preliminary final

Man oh man I never tire of rewatching this game, but I reckon Carige is unfairly scapegoated. Yeah he made some boneheaded errors (though some of them look worse in hindsight) but the mistakes didn't start until the score was already 18-18. The rot had already set in by then, Parra had managed...
  47. BM-dog

That "2011 Bullduds" banner at the game today

The guards at the aisles don't bother checking tickets 75% of the time. I just strolled past the one on my aisle without her even bothering to look at the details on my pass, I shouldn't have even bothered getting it out. Not that I look like a hardcore crim, but there were a number of sharks...
  48. BM-dog

That "2011 Bullduds" banner at the game today

I don't have a problem with them saying it but there's no need to be d*cks about it. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE'RE ON TV WE'RE SO AWESOME!!!!" Act your age. Also I don't think the criticism of Bobcat is called for. He's nowhere near our worst.
  49. BM-dog

Payne likely to escape Suspension !

Problem is he got found not guilty on the Slater headbutt so he won't get extra points for a prior similar offence. It basically all depends on what grading the match review committee give him.
  50. BM-dog

Guess who's article this is: WHY IDRIS FLED DOGS

This pathetic weed is an absolute joke. Three years later, still trying to rewrite history to make Money Bill into the wronged victim of those terrible Bulldogs Yes! One of the Footy Show's finest moments, even his own colleagues think he's a joke. (at 1:27)...
  51. BM-dog

Round 6 Post Match Discussion Bulldogs v Eels Thread

It'll be up on the NRL website too a bit later on
  52. BM-dog

MASSIVE FIGHT @ Lidcombe Station.

I was at Lidcombe station and didn't see anything. Admittedly I got there a little late (maybe about 9.50, 9.55) so I might have missed it, but if there'd been a MASSIVE FIGHT then there would've been heaps of cops hanging around trying to prevent any flareups. There were only a couple of cops...
  53. BM-dog

Rainbow Hayne's Princess Headbutt

I think there might have been a few naughty words mixed in there as well :p Payne is awesome, I reckon he's truly popped his bulldogs cherry now that he's punched a Parrascum player in the face
  54. BM-dog

Post-Match chat : Triple M with Ennis + Hindy.

So did he say anything about what Ennis said?
  55. BM-dog

Hindmarsh slams Ennis as Eels crumble

In all seriousness it was ****ing stupid for Hindmarsh to react, absolutely crap captaincy. "Hmm, our best player has just been sin-binned, putting us at a disadvantage. How should I respond? I know, I'll start throwing punches and get myself binned as well!" Kearney would be massively pissed...
  56. BM-dog

They said he'll be on after 10
  57. BM-dog

Really enjoyed that interview, Ennis is a smart guy. Much better than the usual "yeah nah mate, full credit to the boys, they played good" rubbish that some players serve up.
  58. BM-dog

LOL Sandow, regarding Dragons halves

It's only a throwaway comment but jesus Souths need to rein this stuff in. Makes them seem arrogant and just proves embarrassing when they lose badly. Reminds me of last year when one of them (Taylor?) said they were the best pack in the comp or something
  59. BM-dog

Heartache for Eels fans as prodigy Hodkinson returns in Bulldogs blue

When the new Parramatta board came in they had a Night of the Long Knives and started sacking everyone in sight, so why didn't they start with the clowns in the recruitment department?
  60. BM-dog

Is the Eels home game on friday free for Bulldogs members?

ANZ Stadium map for Parra games: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx69747.gif Fairly sure our GA/Kennel members are in the opposition supporter area which is bays 146, 101 and 102 (southeastern corner, in other words). Category 1 and 2 members on level 4 east like normal.
  61. BM-dog

Kenneler Koaches

He had a corked thigh I think. Came out at the start of the second half with it strapped up but it eventually became clear that he couldn't operate effectively and he got taken off
  62. BM-dog

Parra Theme Song

"Mick Cronin - a king, like the Romans". The Romans didn't really have kings tbh. Anyway that song is really something. Actually a tiny bit catchy, but.. ugh, Parra
  63. BM-dog

Folkes FLASHBACK LOL !

Reading that makes me want to weep.
  64. BM-dog

Round 2 Post Match Discussion: Bulldogs v Souffs

I thought we were mostly solid - not excellent, but mostly solid. Problems: we really struggled to make metres at times, which we've had problems with for years and which I'm still concerned about. Also, too many penalties! Some of them were unfair (eg Bobcat's for passing the ball after being...
  65. BM-dog

Toyota Cup match Souths vs Bulldogs

Bulldogs 804 metres made to Souths 318. Souths 30 missed tackles to Bulldogs 4. Ouch.
  66. BM-dog

Toyota Cup match Souths vs Bulldogs

Any possession stats? I'm just following it on the NRL live scores thing but we've made 600 metres to their 300 so I assume we're dominating
  67. BM-dog

Tandy's Contract Terminated

Official release: The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Rugby League Club has terminated the contract of Ryan Tandy, effective immediately. The Club made the decision to terminate the contract of employment of Mr Tandy following a show cause hearing before the Board on Wednesday 16 March 2011...
  68. BM-dog

Tandy's Contract Terminated

From the official twitter account: The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Rugby League Club has terminated the contract of Ryan Tandy, effective immediately. http://twitter.com/#!/NRL_Bulldogs/status/48586660027445248
  69. BM-dog

Rd5 : Are you going to SCG ???

There's usually buses from Central to Moore Park on event days yeah. Probably cause it's heritage round so they want to do it somewhere more historic than the SFS. I'm looking forward to it, obviously it's not a great ground for watching RL but there's nearly a hundred years of rugby league...
  70. BM-dog

Bulldogs seek advice on sacking Tandy in light of latest charges

Even if he's acquitted on the lying to police charge, placing a bet on an NRL game is still grounds for dismissal, and unlike lying to police it's pretty easy to prove, especially if he did it on his TAB account.
  71. BM-dog

Why you're a member

I'm a member because I love the dogs and since I go to the majority of home games it works out cheaper. But mainly because of the 5c discount on pies at ANZ
  72. BM-dog

The unlucky blokes of rugby league

Nathan Cayless belongs in the same category. Though to be fair, nobody forced them to stay with Parra for their entire careers
  73. BM-dog

Trial Jerseys

We used the Xblades version of that design for the trials last year and those were made available to buy (in fact they're still listed on the Teamstore site for a discount) but it doesn't look like the 2011 Canterbury versions are up on the site. You could try ringing the Teamstore and asking if...
  74. BM-dog

2011 Bulldogs Membership MEGA THREAD

Site counter now up to 10201. We've really picked up steam this week.
  75. BM-dog

Or you can collect it at ANZ at round 1, I think.
  76. BM-dog

"Bon Jovi : This is Your House" new NRL Theme Song

Would've preferred Living On A Prayer but that would be unbelievably expensive to license for a major ad campaign. Maybe in the tens of millions. I'll wait til they release the ad before I pass judgement on how the song works for RL.
  77. BM-dog

Jersey Proposal 2012

Thumbs up. It's definitely time to get rid of the Super League swooshes and go back to the square V design instead. I also like how you've made the 'teardrop' thing at the collar less obtrusive.
  78. BM-dog

Cronulla, Easts and Manly all added more than 1500 members in the 'Battle of the Beaches' thing and they're some of the least popular clubs in Sydney, so in our one against St George and Souths we should be able to gain well over 2000. Along with the increased rate of signups as the season gets...
  79. BM-dog

Ryan Tandy's (not so) Super Thread

The papers are really struggling to come up with new angles for stories. "Tandy could be banned for life if found to be involved in match-fixing." BREAKING NEWS. FANTASTIC SCOOP BRAD. But I agree with the dude who said that being stood down is in Tandy's best interests as well. If he's at...
  80. BM-dog

Ryan Tandy Saga - Stay or Sack ?

Usually I think players charged with something should be allowed to keep playing, but since the incident Tandy is alleged to be involved in isn't just an off-field thing but goes to the integrity of the game, I think it would be appropriate for him to stand down until the court case. If he...
  81. BM-dog

Ryan Tandy's (not so) Super Thread

At this stage the only charge appears to be giving false evidence.
  82. BM-dog

Exclusive Trial Presale Period for Bulldogs Members Starts 9am Wednesday

Yep. The schedule is Gates Open: 1:00PM NYC: 1:15PM NSW Cup: 3:00PM First Grade: 5:00PM
  83. BM-dog

Bulldogs confirm 2011 trials

I guess so, it's not like it's going to sell out.
  84. BM-dog

Bulldogs confirm 2011 trials

Sweet! Nice to have a trial in Sydney for once, will definitely be heading to Henson
  85. BM-dog

Discount Code For Online Shop ...

Not a problem bro!
  86. BM-dog

Discount Code For Online Shop ...

It's 2011MEMB18.
  87. BM-dog

Eric Grothe Jr.Retires

Let's take a look at Parra's ins and outs for next season, shall we? LOSSES: Nathan Cayless, Feleti Mateo, Krisnan Inu, Kris Keating, Jonathan Wright, Eric Grothe Jr, Timana Tahu GAINS: Carl Webb, Reni Maitua (can't play until mid-season due to drugs ban), Brad Murray, Paki Afu, Jordan...
  88. BM-dog

I'm exaggerating a bit, eastern's definitely liveable. The main problems are that you can't really see the interchanges so it's hard to keep track of who's on and who's off, and you're mixed in with the general public so you can get stuck with ****ish opposition fans. The western side is better...
  89. BM-dog

btw I scored a seat in Category 1 West, awesome! Thank god I don't have to spend another year on the eastern side
  90. BM-dog

They're progressively putting people's seating up on the website. Go to Membership > Member Login, then log in and go to the 'My Current Memberships' tab and there's a 'Seat Details' column. If it's still blank then they haven't processed your seating request yet.
  91. BM-dog

Young Boy Stabbed To Death

A man will front court today charged with murdering a 16-year-old male in Sydney's southwest. The teenager, Todd "TJ" Burrows of Raby, was found lying injured in Stranraer Drive, St Andrews, just before 2am yesterday. He'd suffered a stab wound and died a short time after arriving at...
  92. BM-dog

Young Boy Stabbed To Death

Why the **** is anyone carrying a knife at a party? It's Sydney, for christ's sake, it's not like we're living on the streets of Compton or something. I hope these scumbags are proud of themselves. Anyway, RIP fella. Hopefully the club can do something, but it's hard to know how to help out in...
  93. BM-dog

Has your hatred for Mason and/or SBW died down at all?

Don't care about Mason any more. He said some unpleasant stuff when he left the club, but that's Mase, he just says whatever **** comes into his head without really thinking about it so I'm willing to forgive him. I feel a bit sorry for him really, leaving the club screwed up his career. SBW...
  94. BM-dog

Pick a player

Did we end up re-signing him? Hope we did, what a legend. If I could pick any player I'd go for either Billy Slater or Josh Dugan to replace our beloved general. Signing up either would make me jizz my pants several times over
  95. BM-dog

Yeah but some other clubs are into the 2000s by now. You're right that they've been on sale for a bit longer but ours still seem to be selling a bit lethargically. But whatever happens we still have a natural advantage in being one of the most popular clubs in sydney, so yeah, as summer...