Search results

1. S

Opinion Reed Mahoney

To get to the top level, you need blokes like Harry Grant or Api. That's the point.
  2. S

News “I held a resentment against Souths for years”: Maitua reveals messy Bunnies call which led to Bulldogs’ contract

Massively underrated player. Was huge for Canterbury in the 2004 season. Got rewarded with a gf win. We'll deserved and will go down forever as a bulldog legend.
  3. S

Opinion Reed Mahoney

I reckon jmk misses less tackles than mahoney. Mahoney over-reads plays and overplays his hand frequently. Couple that with many poor attempts in defence. I honestly believe we need to find another hooker more suited to the modern game.
  4. S

Opinion Reed Mahoney

It's telling that the bloke we dumped, jmk, is now carving up for the dolphins under Benny. Not saying we need him back, but that style of hooker, fast out of dummy half and quick service, is the prototype
  5. S

Opinion Reed Mahoney

Let's see if he can sustain it. His defence has also been quite poor at times
  6. S

Opinion Reed Mahoney

He's not that good. Against a poor injury ravaged team like the knights, we should have won. But mahoneys been poor otherwise. Decision making out of dummy half has been bad, holds the ball for too long and overplays his hand. Need some pace out of dummy half, and quick service to forwards and...
  7. S

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 2 - Post Game Thread - Sharks 25 - 6 Bulldogs

Gus era has got to come to a close. He's taken us backwards. At Penrith, he got rid of cleary. Cleary comes back and they win 3 out of 4 GFs. He's picked up a bevy of fringe players and missed out on marquee big men in the middle, namely Adin Fonua Blake and Tino. Couldn't even get tino over the...
  8. S

Identify promising forwards like Morrin? Meanwhile the berala bears junior, haumole, is playing for manly. Sorry, somethings wrong with Canterbury's recruiting and junior talent recognition. I've got zero confidence in management's ability to assemble a dominant pack of forwards. It's almost...
  9. S

Forwards are not good enough. Bottom line. They get dominated which is why the backs can't get quality ball. Kikau is a wide out backrower and needs the props to be smashing up the field to create space for him. We need some marquee props. Curran, Preston... those blokes are good. But theyre not...
  10. S

Round 18 Bulldog V Knight

Nah Pay fcked up too. Results were so poor most of his tenure. They only came good when it didn't matter under Pay, when the side was no longer in the finals race and had nothing to lose. Pay also a fraud of a coach. Can't help but think this is all karma for not letting dymock have a crack. He...
  11. S

Mahoney is a fraud. Whoever made him captain lacks any foresight. Flanagan could come in and do a much better job at hooker. Mahoney should be finished at the club with a performance like that as should ciraldo
  12. S

This is so true. Fans need to recognise that effort does not = talent. Sick of seeing comments lauding powder puff forwards. We need some real grunt up front
  13. S

Morrin mahoney okunbor out
  14. S

Mahoney is no longer an 80min hooker

Mahoney is a great disappointment and should be dropped. Flanno looks better at dummy half than Mahoney
  15. S

Morrin and Preston

morrin tries hard. End of the day, bloke is too small to be in the forwards. I'm sick of watching the dogs get dominated in the pack. Last time we had solid pack included guys like Pritchard, Kasiano, Eastwood and so on. The last premiership forward pack included Price, Mason, SBW, Asotasi and...
  16. S

Official Round 5 v Panthers Match Discussion

Baz needs to resign asap
  17. S

Official Round 5 v Panthers Match Discussion

Hook Jacko, JMK, Waddell
  18. S

Opinion Averillo

He needs to be cut. Along with Wakeham, JMK and Jacko. Honestly, Jacko should have done the right thing by the club and retired last year. He could have stayed at the club as a staff member or something. But he's a huge drag in our forwards these days. Missing tackles. not making yards. It's a...
  19. S

Barrett

Needs to be chopped right now. That's the end of it. Honestly, this is shocking coaching.
  20. S

Flanagan to 7?

flanno and cook should be in. Not saying that flanno is the long term answer, but Wakehan and Averillo are not first graders Any self-respecting club would have cut both Wakeham and JMK by now.
  21. S

Jackson ... Verdict?

jacko's got to go. he's had a great career, but unfortunately he has run out of puff. Keep him at the club in some capacity, but his playing days are over.
  22. S

Phil Gould says roster clean out coming to clean salary cap

If Gus is cleaning out the club now to free up salary cap space, wtf were current coaching and management staff doing in the last 2 years? Sounds like the whole joint needs to be cleared out. New coach, new management and new players needed asap.
  23. S

Opinion Joe Stimson

It was always going to be a mediocre signing at best. Melbourne rarely lets players it wants to keep go. Inglis wanted to go. And they probably couldn't keep Addo Carr and still be under the cap. Stimson was never going to be an impact player. We had Elliot, Jackson and a plethora of other...
  24. S

Opinion Woods,Klemmer, Pangai or Vaughan

Piss Elliot and Jacko off and get some real starch in the back row
  25. S

Paul Vaughn has played his last game for the dragons

Yep get them both over. Quality players both of them. Changes the complexion of our pack and our whole team. just makes the side that much bigger and more intimidating. Something that Elliot and Jacko don't bring to the table
  26. S

Paul Vaughn has played his last game for the dragons

Bring him over to Belmore immediately
  27. S

BLOW OUT SCORE LINES - NRL CREATED THIS

NRL partly to blame for our scorelines. Our crappy team and coach is the other part. Vlandys seriously needs to stick to the administration, which is his strength and leave the footy side to people who know. Viewers tune out when the score blows out, which completely negates the point of the 6...
  28. S

We are nothing without Elliott

Wouldn't feed any of these blokes to be honest. Elliot, that bloke messes around with teammates missus.. he can go as far as i'm concerned. Complete overhaul of the forwards is required now Trent can go too. he doesn't have the cattle true. but lacks the experience, doesn't appear to have...
  29. S

2 Wins - Both Times Meaney At Fullback

I dare say a sample size of 2 is not statistically significant
  30. S

Elliott's try was a metaphor for his Kennel journey

One win, and one good game, does not make up for a plethora of poor performances. I don't know about everyone else, but the dogs are about sustained performances and success. I'm not getting excited just yet. The dragons were poor. The defensive efforts on Elliot for his try were poor. Sure he...
  31. S

Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

Flanno has probably got to do a stint in the Super League
  32. S

Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

Johnson would be great next to Burton, who is a game manager. Great experience. Nightmare to defend late in the game. Still has plenty of toe. He'd be an astute acquisition.
  33. S

Opinion Elliot and katoa

Elliot is a plodder. And Katoa is not up to first grade level. Why is that the Titans can identify a massive unit like Moeaki Fotuaika and we have been persisting with plodders? something is wrong with recruitment.
  34. S

Barrett's too nice

I actually don't blame Barrett. I blame management for giving a struggling club to a novice coach who hasn't had success at top level coaching. The mistake began when we appointed Pay. The role should have been given to Dymock. But after Pay left, we should have sought out an experienced coach...
  35. S

Big, fast players

watching the coverage on bozo's death yesterday, a comment from Brandy Alexander stood out. He said Bozo's coaching philosophy centred around really big, fast players. looking at the dogs recruitment for the last 5-10 years, we've had the exact opposite philosophy. We buy and promote...
  36. S

Opinion Swap Elliot or Jackson for B Smith

swap elliot and jacko out to anyone silly enough to take them.
  37. S

News Peter Sterling says Canterbury Bulldogs halfback Kyle Flanagan's career is at a crossroads after being hooked

Need to get shane flannagan to coach. Might be all worth it. He'll build a team that will hide Kyle's shortcomings. And he has many shortcomings
  38. S

News Peter Sterling says Canterbury Bulldogs halfback Kyle Flanagan's career is at a crossroads after being hooked

Let's be honest, it's never a good idea to buy a bloke who has been let go from his current club. Burton is different because Penrith clearly want him. Flanno was never really convincing at the chooks. The only thing that can save him is if his old man signs on as coach once his suspension...
  39. S

Opinion Why did we let go of Reimis Smith?

Most people on here was bagging the crap out of Reimis last year. The problem is the doggies club. At this point in time, no one plays well in our system. Look at Cotric. He was an origin player and consistent player at the Raiders. Our system is so pathetic, our forwards lack go forward. We...
  40. S

Opinion Please Kyle Flanagan

I was referring to you.. comprehension skills not quite there i see
  41. S

thank god muppet fans don't have any decision making authority at the club. some of our fans are dumb as
  42. S

Opinion Jackson Topine

Connor played 6 on the weekend. Peachey could be back on the bench as a utility at any stage. bottom line is, if you're under 100kg, back row is not a position for you.
  43. S

Burton plays 7 and May 6. great combo. Napa will need to be released.
  44. S

Opinion Jackson Topine

The guy listed utility players like McIness and Peachey as well as a 5/8 in Connor Watson. Radley and Murray actually make my point. These guys are getting injured and rag dolled. There's no way you can sustain a career in the backrow at their weights. I like Topine for hooker. He might...
  45. S

Opinion Jackson Topine

All those guys won't have longevity in the game playing the way they play. Peachey is a utility and played a lot in the backs. You're already seeing Murray decline. He wont be able to sustain his style of play. Watson? C'mon, he's played mostly as a 5/8. McInness is a Hooker. Radley, likewise...
  46. S

Opinion Jackson Topine

Topine's destiny is hooker. Too small for backrow
  47. S

DID COTRIC PLAY TODAY?

Cotric is a great player, just in a poor system at the moment.
  48. S

Unless Shane Flannagan is coming to coach the dogs, i'd be recruiting tyrone may to play No. 6. He's not getting a starting spot at Penrith. He'll need to move to play his preferred position. Burton and May in the halves. Potentially the best in comp.
  49. S

Is Sione Katoa the worst hooker to play for the bulldogs.

Topine to hooker this week. Has to be the play. Looked decent there on the weekend
  50. S

Hypothetical if we’d kept Asotasi and O’Meley instead....

I'm calling BS on this. Firepower and fear in defense is sorely missing and is needed for the dogs to get back to where they should be. Furthermore, Grimaldi was the only undersized plugger in the 2004 GF side. The rest were absolute weapons. You can't have a pack full of Grimaldis, which is...
  51. S

No I'm sick of this crappy attitude towards blokes who have little to offer like staggs. Doggies now have Jacko, Elliot, Stimson in the team now... all undersized with no mingrel. the mentality of praising plodders is getting us smashed in the forwards week in and week out. We need some true...
  52. S

Willie mason was a Churchill medalist and one of the best forwards to ever play for the club. SBW is a legend in both codes and if the club had let him go amicably, we could have had him play for us again down the track and probably contributed to another premiership. Staggs was a dud btw. We've...
  53. S

Flanno is a fraud

I would bring in Tyrone May at no.6 to partner Burton. May ain't gonna start at Penrith. He's a very good player, and his position is in the halves. Potentially, Burton + May could be better than Cleary and Luai
  54. S

Jack Hetherington

Complete overhaul... Stimson, Britt, Elliot, Jacko..... All ok please.
  55. S

News Panthers reject latest swap deal offer from Bulldogs for Burton

nah he's been hopeless ever since joining us
  56. S

News Panthers reject latest swap deal offer from Bulldogs for Burton

" It comes just a couple of months after Canterbury refused to give up Napa in exchange for Burton's services, a decision they are now ruing as they look for answers to overcome the club's winless start to the season." How dumb can Bulldogs management get... rejecting the deal to begin with and...
  57. S

Jackson!!!

Whole forward pack needs to be revamped - yes that includes JJ. Every player declines at some stage of their career. It's not an attack on Jackson, but his best days are behind him. At his size, you just don't have longevity in the game when you play second row. We need to bite the bullet and...
  58. S

Fa'afafine forwards

Softest pack ever I think. Remember when we had Mason, o'meley, sbw, Ryan, maitua, asotasi and price? Complete domination. This pack is pathetic. Worst in the comp. Jacko, Elliot, they've got to go. Too undersized. We need mongrel
  59. S

How much longer can we carry Hopa?

Hoppa great servant of the club and great personality. But his time is up unfortunately. I'd put josh jackson in the same basket. Someone has got to have the balls to make these calls. We need to get some better go forward. I don't think you can have 2 undersized backrowers in the starting...
  60. S

Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Why don't you? Fans like you are what is holding this club back.
  61. S

Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Free up as much cash now, even if that means letting the likes of Josh Jackson, Hopa and Dylan Nappa go. Then you go after the following: Matt Burton Tyrone May These will be the halves combo Get some real big bopper forwards. Go all out for Payne Haas. Get a few other backrowers who have the...
  62. S

Quick Tap Tolman.

Hopefully quick tap Tolman will get a quick exit from the squad
  63. S

Official Round 13 - Bulldogs vs Storm - Discussion Thread

About time Ofahiki got a start. What was Pay's problem not playing him? He just liked playing pluggers who plod it up for 2 metre gains. I hope we can get some real venom back in our pack going forward.
  64. S

Nick Meaney

Meaney is not up to 1st grade standard
  65. S

Opinion So the Morris Twins not good enough for Bulldogs Board ..geniuses

Put the Morris boys behind our pack, playing with our spine... they'd make almost no diffrence to our performances. Until we fix our pack and halves, no point getting outside backs. Morris twins are excelling at easts because look at their pack, their hooker and halves.
  66. S

Consolidated Pay Thread

This is totally right. No excuses. Just go and get the job done. we've seen no improvements in play. No improvements among players. We have actually gone backwards.
  67. S

Opinion Realistically, is there real chance that some clubs may die due to current situation?

Everything needs to be done to ensure there are no casualties. Even if there's a reset, traditional clubs should not be left to die. If possible, they need to be rebooted with help from the governing body - whether that be the NRL or another body that succeeds it. Rugby League would not be the...
  68. S

Why do we always get the weird players?

mate you're telling me. we need more big impactful players. Recruitment need to be on the look out for the next Fifitas and Haases. This love affair with plodders started at the back end of Folkes' stint. Blokes like Gary Warburton and so on. it was almost as if the doggies liked you more, the...
  69. S

Why do we always get the weird players?

Cos he's not an undersized plodder
  70. S

Consolidated Pay Thread

Halligan was in the side because he was a dead set certainty to kick conversions from everywhere. Will always remember the sideline conversion of Willie Talau's try vs parra.
  71. S

Consolidated Pay Thread

You wonder what Pay actually learnt from working with Ricky Stewart. Doesn't coach anything like Ricky. Look at the pack Ricky has assembled at Canberra. Not all of them were big money players when they broke through into first grade. They have got a formidable pack. We don't. What did Pay learn...
  72. S

Special Mention To Elliott

Not bad, but in this team he's not great either. He isn't very big. If he's playing with Stimson and Jacko, that back row is undersized. As i said happy to have him if there are some really big boys next to him.
  73. S

Opinion It's not Pays fault

Pay needs to take ownership of this rabble ffs... don't let him off the hook. the bar for getting into the NRL finals is very low. you just need to come 8th out of 16th... that is a pathetically low bar and Pay has had the team for two seasons are they are going backwards. We may as well have...
  74. S

Opinion Sack Lewis

A pot plant could do better
  75. S

Forwards actually didn't do well tonight

Our forwards are shite. It was actually dwz, hoppa, Crichton and reimis doing most of the hard yards coming off our line starting sets. The cream puffs we've got in the pack, they are just getting dominated. Tonight was the first time I think I came away thinking that Jacko might be past it...
  76. S

Opinion Remis Smith @ center

I'm calling b.s. on this. I'm no fan of Lewis, but it was him who went short side and found the space. All meaney had to do was run into space. The try was started and finished by Lewis. Any winger could have done what meaney did in that situation. We need more strike power in the outside backs
  77. S

https://m.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/whos-the-fastest-in-the-nrl/3141966/ Fastest at the club apparently
  78. S

Meaney doesn't have it. No x factor at all
  79. S

Have a look at some of the tries he's scored. Bloke is one of the fastest in the comp
  80. S

The kid is quick as hell... Not a centre tho. He'd be a better fullback in my opinion. He getsbabsolutemy no quality ball as well. He's being wasted by Pay. Pay hasn't got a clue. Stick back on the wing it give him a go at fullback where he's got some space to use his speed
  81. S

We need a whole new team and coach

Pay has turned a good player in dwz into a blundering mess. Pay out!
  82. S

Official Dean Britt

Mate plodders and cream puffs... obviously can't put two ok games in a row.. first game was a loss... I stand by my cream puff comments
  83. S

Changes for next week

My rant looks pretty spot after that half of pathetic footy from Pay and the dogs
  84. S

Tolman

Not the scape goat. Just that we have too many plodders. Tolman is part his prime. He's not the reason by himslef why we haven't been successful. But on the other hand, he's not going to win premiership by himself. When the dogs were good, we had the likes of kasiano, Pritchard, Eastwood on the...
  85. S

Official Dean Britt

Dymock could not have been worse than Pay. And if Dymock is not at first grade coach, then Pay isn't either. I reckon we have a better forward pack if Dymock was in charge. He wouldn't pick cream puffs like we got now. Tolman had maybe a couple of decent years, but if you want him in your team...
  86. S

Official Dean Britt

I always thought dymock should've have gotten the job to begin with. I reckon you could almost put a pot plant in charge now and you'd get better team selections. Tolman should have been let go by now. Won't argue with his commitment, but he's been past his prime by at least 2 years. If you...
  87. S

Official Dean Britt

The dogs only performed last year when they were not in the race for the finals. Doesn't count. It only counts when there's something to play for. Pay's coaching is woeful. Attack is an absolute and utter shambles. Pay is stuck in the way 90s. Doesn't seem to understand that modern footy...
  88. S

Opinion BRONCOS

My goodness, the broncs have a fearsome pack. Unfortunately for doggies fans, Dean Pay prefers plodders... ffs Pay needs to go. Why haven't we uncovered the likes of pangai junior, fifita and so on? Fark that shits me that we can't identify talent anymore
  89. S

Official Dean Britt

In response to your last question, Pay could pick more big hoppers over plodders. Spoke to a roosters fan today, and he was flabbergasted that Tolman is still going around for us. What could we have done differently? Let me count they ways... identify some good young guns that other clubs have...
  90. S

Official Dean Britt

Nah mate, in a job you got to get results no matter the circumstances. I'm not settling for 2021. As if luke Thompson will be the messiah by himself... and what happened to our never say die mentality? Finding a way to win with our attitude and sheer will? Where did that go? Look at what Pay's...
  91. S

What's happened to Stimson ?

Wow, really? Supporting the club all my life and we always have quality and resilience and the will to win no matter the circumstances. Dessie left a mess. So farkin what? Find a way to win, don't make excuses. Emre is not a million dollar player. Where did he come from and why haven't we...
  92. S

Official Dean Britt

It's been a year... champions don't make excuses. You go out a find a way to win no matter what the circumstances. That used to be the hallmark of our club. Sadly, that mentality seems gone now
  93. S

What's vague about that? Forwards going 30m in 5 tackles and handing possession around halfway .. quite specific if you ask me
  94. S

Did he? Wow, we're really settling for that. Just watching the raiders titans game... my goodness... green machine bring the likes of emre guler off the bench and we are happy with plodders
  95. S

Social Media Sam kasiano

Get him back. He was a weapon on his day... the plodders we got now have no intimidation factor, no go forward.. We need some size and mongrel in the pack ffs
  96. S

Plodders gonna plod :tonguewink:
  97. S

Official Dean Britt

Mate, we can't afford to carry blokes. If we settle for mediocrity, we will not be playing finals footy yet again. If Britt can't develop some aggression and a second phase game soon, he should be moved on. Don't know about you, but I'm not settling for just ok anymore. Have any of our fans and...
  98. S

didn't see none of that champ. just saw doggies forwards plodding it up to the 30 metre line, then Lewis kicking straight to the fullback and Parra starting their sets at halfway. Saw no tries. Don't know what you were watching out there.