Search results

1. froggy

R.I.P. Richard Gerdes, (Former Manager of Bankstown Indoor Cricket)

Sorry mate. Yeah tragic. Knew him too. Great bloke. Sharp wit. But Dragons supporter
  2. froggy

Official Toby Sexton Signed Immediately

Sexton reminds me a bit of Hodkinson. Let’s hope he does as well as him.
  3. froggy

Opinion Disgraceful from the club as a whole

Yeah fair point. The reaction wasn't thought out. I bet they regret their words.
  4. froggy

Opinion Disgraceful from the club as a whole

What do you get from an apology? All we want from our players is to compete until we have a squad that will challenge. The last two games are the worst we have seen in regards to competing. However I really believe that yesterday was an isolated event mainly caused by a perfect storm of 3...
  5. froggy

Dean Pay (20) v Ciraldo (23)

To compare Pay after he had a couple of years to recruit that team compared to Ciraldo who has basically inherited this rabble is ridiculous. The only big signing has been out all year (Kikau) barr Mahoney who before the last couple of games has been our best player. Pretty plain and simple...
  6. froggy

An explanation?

Like a lot of our players, King started the season great. After our run of injuries nearly every player has gone backwards. It's an alarming trend.
  7. froggy

An explanation?

Funny how none of these bullshit rumours were around when we started pretty well before we got decimated by injuries. We are now paying the price of not having the right spine and poor depth. It will only take a couple of changes and a good performance and we are back on track. This year was...
  8. froggy

Official Gus on Twitter

Some people really don't watch games closely. Averillo is a classic case of 20/80. Performs great 20% of the time. People just disregard the 80%. Mark my words, he will be in reserve grade before the end of his deal up there.
  9. froggy

Official Gus on Twitter

What is it with the hate on TPJ? He has been our best forward with Preston all year. Because he has the big profile and bigger pay packet people expect miracles. If we had 5 TPJ's we would be in the top four. Our problem is our size. It is the smallest team in the NRL whilst we have our current...
  10. froggy

Official Gus on Twitter

You are so naive
  11. froggy

Weakest team in history of NRL

U have no idea. We just don’t have enough big guys at the moment. When they’re bought and some come back we‘llbe a lot better
  12. froggy

Official Bulldogs vs Sharks Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Averlllo is Moorebank Rams level. Not a first grader. Offers nothing
  13. froggy

News ‘He’s telling lies’: Gus Gould can’t escape past deception

Rothfield and **** are just upset that they get no info from Gould and are desperate to lay the boot in. They have no credible sources at the dogs. Their mail is always bad and they rely on other journos for information regarding the dogs because no one will talk to them.
  14. froggy

Official Round 3 v Manly Match Discussion

The attack is terrible. It all comes from the slow service from JMK. Three settlers and a crash play. I can’t tell of we are on their line or our line. Dufty has to play 5/8 in attack on their line. Manly getbit right they will put 40 on us
  15. froggy

Scruffy but some good signs

Everyone on here need to be thankful that we got the win. That's all that mattered from last night. Conditions were pretty bad. Once we dropped it a few times our attack had to tighten up and therefore no throwing the ball around. It became a slog. Time will tell if our attack improves, I reckon...
  16. froggy

We need a halfback

The key thing with Cook and JMK is that we know JMK's ceiling. He will not get any better. However Cook is young and will obviously improve. I say we persist with Cook and see what happens, but I feel Trent will play safe and use JMK mainly because of his defence which has always been solid.
  17. froggy

Luke Thompson consolidated thread

Better than anything we have.
  18. froggy

Official Round 10 Bulldogs V Raiders - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Elliot is a retard. Anyone that did what he did at the start of the year should have been let go. Let him go now. Maybe we can trade. I have never seen him play a great game. Never
  19. froggy

Should we be worried about Barrett?

Incorrect. That's exactly how they have been playing the last 4 years. Look like no plan. Barrett has a pass for the whole year for me. Will need to show something immediately next year with the new recruits coming.
  20. froggy

News Bulldogs face ‘big’ call on star recruit — but 86-year low proves problem goes much deeper

I agree with most on here about Flanagan. He is straight up and down and does not pose a threat to the line ever. His defence is dodgy sometimes also. Not a long term option. But in my opinion Avo is far worse. He has the talent but to me he is not hard enough to be a first grader. He looks like...
  21. froggy

Rumour HE’S STAYING AT PENRITH, IT'S OVER”: GREG ALEXANDER SAYS BURTON WILL BACKFLIP ON BULLDOGS

If the club let’s him out of the deal I will stop supporting. Simple as that.
  22. froggy

News Morgan Harper to fast to play

Anyone who ever defends that imbecile Dean Pay again has no idea about Rugby League. Morgan Harper had to be given more chances for two reasons. He has always looked a likely type and a solid first grader with time on his side. Secondly, Montoya and Holland are two of the worst centres to ever...
  23. froggy

Lynne Anderson days are numbered and here's why.

That is the problem right there. Blokes like Coorey, Dib and a long list of others have always seen the Dogs as a way of increasing their own self importance and even influence in the game. It's all an ego trip for these guys. They don't realise the damage they do to the club by not just walking...
  24. froggy

News Bachelorette to Belmore: High-profile pub barons pour millions into Bulldogs

Great news. I just wonder what goes on the jersey? Might be less beneficial to the Laundy's to have the Laundy Group on their as a lot of people don't know their pubs. Wonder if putting different pubs on the jerseys every time we play would be an option. Twin Willows one week, Tea Gardens the next?
  25. froggy

News NRL legend Ben Elias blasts Canterbury Bulldogs’ Board for broken promises

Hang on buddy. Dib started this mess. The current board are failing but the previous board were disgraceful.
  26. froggy

SUPPORT THE CLUB!!!!

Geez the over respect for Dean Pay is mind boggling. His record before this season was dreadful especially in the first half of the year. This season has got worse. If it improved I would be willing to listen to his supporters and then still get rid of him. He doesn’t even look like a coach. His...
  27. froggy

Barrett warned he could destroy his career at Bulldogs, Pay's final straw revealed

I disagree. Nearly every coaching job that becomes available is when the coach gets sacked. Therefore the team is already struggling hence why the sacking. There is rarely a job these coaches can wait for that has a perfect fit to it. I actually think this is a great chance for a young coach...
  28. froggy

Barrett warned he could destroy his career at Bulldogs, Pay's final straw revealed

Can someone actually point out something that Pay has initiated that was memorable or that a player has improved under his watch. Even with an ordinary squad he has done nothing to show he could coach with a better squad. At least Barret has obviously made a difference to Panthers attack this...
  29. froggy

This is the funniest story of the lot. Laurie Daley is comfortably the most overrated media type in the game. He is dumber than dogshit. His opinion is irrelevant. Weidler obviously has an axe to grind with this board. So treat his opinion like a spoilt five year old. I wish they stop calling...
  30. froggy

Who do you want to replace Dean Pay?

Cameron Smith
  31. froggy

Official Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera statement

This is very simple really. Re-instate CHN and I don’t really care about Okunbor. But Knowing this club’s track record CHN will end up elsewhere. We are more concerned about how we look instead of what we achieve.
  32. froggy

Official Round 8 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Discussion Thread

Souths are shit. Because we are the worst Bulldogs side I have ever seen! I’m out.
  33. froggy

News NRL rivals circle Adam Elliott after Bulldogs’ ‘low-ball’ contract offer

This is the biggest crock of shite ploy from Elliott's manager that I have seen. As if Elliott is a wanted man. He is average at best. If we keep him on a bargain then so be it. If he wants too much there are 50 Elliotts in the NRL!
  34. froggy

News Dean Pay pleads for Bulldogs fans' faith as club eagerly seek roster improvements

I'm afraid you are just click bait. I won't be engaging anymore with you Mrs Pay.
  35. froggy

News Dean Pay pleads for Bulldogs fans' faith as club eagerly seek roster improvements

Are you kidding? We have won 1 game this season. We are last! We will run last. Newcastle had a bad day against Nth Qld. We only have bad days. Not one player has improved under Pay. And don't start me and say Elliot. He is a myth. He gets dominated every hit up after impact. Three years of...
  36. froggy

Pay Extension

You sound like one of those lefties that has a certain view just to be different. U have no League knowledge. U ridiculously blamed six agains and penalties for our loss to the Roosters. Blind Freddy could see we were blown off the park by a superior team. We are not in the same postcode as...
  37. froggy

Pay Extension

You cannot possibly be a true dogs supporter. How can you possibly be content with any aspect of that game and for that matter Dean Pay’s tenure. Nothing he has done in 3 years has convinced me he can coach. I don’t care if we had the Roosters squad, he would destroy that too. He is clueless.
  38. froggy

Pay to be spared the axe for now... but Bulldogs’ $3m headache remains

Just for the record here are Pay's stats since he has been coach: First half of season 7 wins 25 losses 21% win ratio Second half of season 12 Wins 11 Losses 52% win ratio. That blows the "we have no cattle" theory out of the water. If we can manage that sort of win rate at the back end of the...
  39. froggy

Consolidated Pay Thread

I don’t give a flying phuck what Gould thinks. He is a mate of Pay’s. I don’t care that we have a shit team. I just care about winning. We cannot do that with this coach and group of players. We need a reboot. Piss them all off and start again. You may as well get rid of the board as well...
  40. froggy

Consolidated Pay Thread

So if Pay loses every game for the rest of the year you still happy for him to go again? There is nothing in his coaching resume for the last 3 years that deserves another season. It is so obvious he is out of his depth. It is embarrassing. Only a moron would give him a 4th season after the...
  41. froggy

Official Round 5 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Discussion Thread (postponed till Monday night)

If you are happy with that good on you. Did you follow the club in the good times? We have dropped so far if you are happy with that. My god! If we as supporters are happy with trying to hang in there we are what Parramatta were for the last 30 years. This club needs a reboot! Keep Foran and...
  42. froggy

Consolidated Pay Thread

Are you Dean Pay’s sister? Fair dinkum. How can anyone possibly see anything good in Pay. He has shown nothing. No player has improved under his coaching. Our defence is as soft as its been for the last ten years. There is no mongrel in our defence. God help our attack. I’m sick to death of...
  43. froggy

What About Cameron Smith?

Agree normally. But Smith has always looked like he is coaching on the field. Plus I reckon we need to do something a little outside the square in our next move. Something has to change.
  44. froggy

What About Cameron Smith?

Pretty certain Dean Pay is not the answer going forward. Just has not shown enough in 3 years albeit with shit roster. But who is? My answer would be to throw the chequebook at Cameron Smith. If there ever was a coach already playing the game he is it. Worth the gamble. Not only do I think he...
  45. froggy

Dean pay was gone ( Not an anti pay thread)

It’s not common knowledge. My understanding is that we can’t sign marquee players for next year but have no salary cap issues for 2020. I have been told that we could in fact sign two more players. They cannot re-sign Pay yet. We have only won games in the last two years when the pressure has...
  46. froggy

SOS for a centre!

I think if we had two speedy elusive centres we would be far more dangerous. Foran engages the line every time yet the 2nd rowers are the only guys who hit a hole. It becomes easy to read for any decent defence. Getting a top class half is going to be impossible. There are none out there. As for...
  47. froggy

SOS for a centre!

If our club can’t see our biggest problem then they are blind. We need new centres. I can live with Hopoate if no-one else will take him but Kerrod Holland and Montoya are surely a freak show that must finish. The club must pay overs to get a decent centre here. Smith and Okunbor look good...
  48. froggy

News Manly hooker Apisai Koroisau poised to sign three-year deal with Canterbury

That was a shock. A good player not wanting to come and play for Pay. Next they will re-sign Lichaa.
  49. froggy

Opinion It’s time to Unite boys

Let's get fair dinkum here. Last night was great to watch and the effort was great. I actually cared about the result for the first time in ages. But you cannot contend in this competition when you cannot score more than 20 points. We have not scored more than 24 this year and have not passed...
  50. froggy

Dean Pay v Nathan Brown Article

False dawn. That is how I look at our latest results. In all those wins we have not scored more than 20 points. We have relied on the opposition either taking us for granted or playing poorly. In fact we have not scored more than 24 points in any game this year. Yep it's encouraging that we can...
  51. froggy

RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

If this is true then the club has woken up and playing hardball. This is the only way to beat the rorters. Offer long term deals and take the risk. We can’t beat their money offers but I doubt they will want to take this risk with Mitchell. I would go one step further and offer Munster the...
  52. froggy

It's time for ALL BULLDOGS FANS say enough is enough?

I'll turn your post around and say you're the type of supporter that this club is now indicative of. Your "who cares if we don't win for 5 years" attitude. How dare some of us supporters expect us to win a few games. How dare some of us supporters expect us to play attractive football. How dare...
  53. froggy

Damning Stats

You keep defending Pay. It will end in tears for you, I can guarantee that. You say he has Hasler's team. Well explain why he bought CHN only to drop him numerous times. (When most people think he is our most dangerous weapon). Why did he buy Chrichton only to drop him after a couple of games...
  54. froggy

Official Joe Stimson joins the Bulldogs on a 3 year deal

I think the consensus here is that this is not a terrible signing. But it is wrong chronologically. If we have had already signed a playmaker, hooker or centre of note then this would be progress. However, our recruitment team (and I don't just blame Pay) have decided to invest whatever money...
  55. froggy

Controversy Corner - Grahame Hughes on Dean Pay and whats going on

This notion that Dean Pay was a Canterbury great doesn't sit well with me. He played 106 games for us only. That is not greatness. He then did the dirty on us and in the cover of night he and his three mates shafted us and went to Parra for cash. He played 76 games for them. I bet Parra don't...
  56. froggy

Official Joe Stimson joins the Bulldogs on a 3 year deal

The longer we keep Pay at the helm the longer our rebuild takes. If he is looking at getting rid of RFM, CHN and Martin and replacing with guys like Smith and Stimson then we will be tied to those players for years. I bet a new coach will look at our forward pack without CHN and RFM and say...
  57. froggy

Social Media Christian Welch

Let me get this straight. Our toilet is busted so we go out and buy a new oven! Where are the backs? We have plenty of forwards and zero backs. Reimis Smith is the only first grade quality outside back we have. Disgraceful.
  58. froggy

Controversy Corner - Grahame Hughes on Dean Pay and whats going on

I agree. This board have only one option to keep the fans from tearing the joint down. Release the actual figures and tell us who is on what. I know some people might think it’s crazy but I cannot figure out how we are on the same salary cap as Melbourne and the Roosters especially after...
  59. froggy

Shane Flanagan

Played for Parramatta
  60. froggy

Shane Flanagan

Thanks Mrs Pay
  61. froggy

Opinion Never been as despondent over the last 45 years

You really are missing the point. You are concentrating on one game that you think refereeing decisions cost us. I agree the refereeing was ordinary on Sunday, but the fact is our guys look clueless in attack all year and most of the year are soft in defence. And this year is not the first...
  62. froggy

Other News Source Raymond Faitala-Mariner

RFM is not a dud. He has had a couple of injuries but has definitely not played his best football under Pay. You can say that about most of our players. Some of these kiwis need a special kind of coach and that is why some don't go on with it. I get the impression that RFM is the kind of talent...
  63. froggy

Where to from here?

Let's get fair dinkum here. Anyone who thinks Jackson is worth $800k per season has got rocks in their head. Granted he has been our most consistent player the last few years but you are balancing your salary cap on future endeavours and not past glories. Now, if he is on $500k odd most people...
  64. froggy

Not First Grade Standard

If you read my post you would see that I omitted players like Trobojevic Walker Cherry Evans and Fonua Blake because they have been missing. Please don't quote out of context.
  65. froggy

Where to from here?

If Jackson hits anywhere near $800k I am happy to see him go. But in saying that you need to start to bring in some experience. We need a marquee player at some stage. Then you will be able to attract players. At the moment we are talking rebuild but actually doing nothing. There doesn't seem to...
  66. froggy

Not First Grade Standard

Some on here that are the eternal optimists and saying we should ride this out and give Pay 2-3 years before we move him on are surely now in the minority. A good coach is not always one that wins premierships. A good coach is one that improves performance with what tools he has. As much as I...
  67. froggy

Sue making klemmer his bitch

The fact that Klemmer has a small segment on Matty Johns show (Its called "Are you smarter than David Klemmer") indicates that Johns got Klemmer a 3rd party deal with Fox Sports. The love fest with Newcastle on Fox and 9 because of those Johns ferals is painful to watch. At this rate I wouldn't...
  68. froggy

Pay axes 3 stars...

Have Dean Pay's kids stolen his computer and picked the team this week. That's the only way I can explain Montoya seeing first grade again. Worst first grader in our history. Surely Martin could fill in at centre. Whats wrong with blooding Harper? He has to be a better option than Montoya...
  69. froggy

Is Nick Meaney the answer to our fullback position in the long term?

The best part about this kid for me is that he is a footballer. In that I mean that he isn't an athlete turned footballer. He is a footballer and has football skills and awareness. I am very confident this kid barring injuries and the dreaded "Bulldogs don't hold onto any superstars"curse will...
  70. froggy

Can we attract anyone?

With Brailey re-signing with the Sharks and Robson signing with the Cowboys are we now in the no-go zone for young players. Considering we were keen on both of them and missed both. Are we now the bottom rung on the ladder for recruitment. We look like paying overs for anyone in the future...
  71. froggy

Prospective Coaches

Cameron Smith. Get him whilst he’s cheap. (As a coach) He looks a coach already.
  72. froggy

Official Round 5 - Dogs vs Dragons - Consolidated Match Thread

Last two weeks = Fluke Normal service resumes
  73. froggy

Official Dean Pay extends his contract with the Bulldogs by another 12 months.

Why? Pay is not the answer. Our rebuild has now been put back another 2 years. We will not make the finals under Pay. He is not a first grade quality coach. His pressers are dreadful. He sounds like a country hack that should be coaching a group 6 club. I was all for this board when they came...
  74. froggy

Canterbury’s current dramas are the result of years of poor recruitment and retention

I'll start by saying that Paul Crawley is one of the most inept reporters there are. This article like others have already said has holes all over it. But in essence the theme of the article is spot on. We must forget about blaming who got us in this mess and start owning up to the problems we...
  75. froggy

To all those who want Pay sacked...

I think most of us can cop a lean year or two. But what we can't cop is no light at the end of the tunnel. I'm afraid that Dean Pay is standing in front of that light and blocking it. He just doesn't come across as someone that can get us out of this mess. We need an experienced man at the helm...
  76. froggy

Opinion If pay gets the flick which coach would you like to coach the bulldogs ?

I’ll throw one out of left field. Cameron Smith. If he wants to play on for one more year then he could captain-coach and then take over full time. I hate the bloke but if ever I have seen a coach in waiting he is it.
  77. froggy

THIS IS NOT DEAN PAYS FAULT. please READ CAREFULLY

Firstly, anyone on here is entitled to their opinion. However u cannot distinguish supporters by what their stance is on any particular subject. Those supporting Pay are no more a Bulldogs supporter than those thinking he is out of his depth. I have a mate that has some background on Pay’s time...
  78. froggy

To all those who want Pay sacked...

Pay is dead set lucky that we are in a "rebuilding phase" right now. Otherwise he would be out already after those pathetic performances. That is the only thing saving him at the moment. Everyone knows that we have a shit squad. However he knew the Morris boys were leaving over the summer...
  79. froggy

Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

Lol at the look on Montoya’s face. Absolute no hoper. Comfortably the worst bulldogs player I have ever seen.
  80. froggy

Official Round 2 - Dogs vs Eels - Consolidated Match Thread

A game we were always going to lose from the half hour mark. What game are you watching? Accept it, our defence is diabolical
  81. froggy

Attn: Andersons, Hill & The Board

Thanks Mr Dib
  82. froggy

Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Lets get fair dinkum here. We have have missed the 8 by a mile. We have been out of contention since the halfway mark of the comp. That is not good enough for Canterbury. We need to be back there straight away. That means next year. Circumstances have stuffed us this year but next year should...
  83. froggy

Reimis Smith

Why haven't we signed this kid up to a 3 year deal? After yesterday his price will have doubled. His manager now has us by the balls. We need to be smarter about getting these kids upgraded earlier. We always seem to have a job of keeping them later on. Lets get him locked up/ For that matter...
  84. froggy

Reimis Smith

The worrying part for me was that Pay thought Montoya was a better option on the wing. Give me a break!
  85. froggy

Tapped on the shoulder to prize pooch: Lewis's rise through Bulldogs ranks

Plan B could be that Cogger could be developed into a fullback. Has all the qualities for that position. Tough kid, enough pace and can link with outside backs. A spine of Cogger, Foran, Lewis and ? could be interesting going forward. Not sure Meaney will be the answer. Too much Abbey about him.
  86. froggy

Round 23 - Bulldogs vs Warriors - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Feels great to have a good half for a change. Makes a world of difference.
  87. froggy

Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

As the hype grows around this kid the pressure will build. How many games has he played? Remember the surname he has to live up to as well. I'm pretty sure there will be pressure.
  88. froggy

The Aiden Tolman Appreciation Thread

Not sure what money Tolman is on, but at the right price he is invaluable. Now that Desball is gone and Tolman gets out of the way on most 4th tackles he is a machine. For the right price happy to keep him.
  89. froggy

JJ praised pay

Maybe. Maybe not. I was one that didn’t rate him. He has made some calls that i am happy with lately. But he has been forced into some that he should have made a long time ago. Not dropping Montoya was a shocker. Smith has done super. We all knew he was a better option. Rhyse Martin was...
  90. froggy

Ben Cummins to complain about trainers comments during game. - UPDATE Bulldogs fined $5000

I actually thought the calls evened out last night. Both teams got pinged for rolling the ball through the legs. Sims third try could definitely have been given. I know one thing if it was up there we would have had more shit calls go against us.
  91. froggy

Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Time out please. Lewis has played a handful of games. No superstar yet. Some good signs but I’m not sure of his speed. That will work against him. Think he needs a running 5/8 to take the pressure off him. A fit Foran would be handy. The thing I like the most is that he seems an intelligent...
  92. froggy

Dean Pay - Mega Thread

No change in style at all. Pay insisted we change our style. I don’t care what players are on the park, I can’t tell we have a new coach this year.
  93. froggy

Dean Pay on Dogs Recruitment.

Please! He dropped Montoya 8 weeks after he should have. The fact he persisted with Lichaa was also a fail. He is uninspiring. The fact we are in this position will suit him because he can just blame his roster. But for mine he is doing a poor job with what he has to work with. We look a...
  94. froggy

David Klemmer drops bombshell offer to Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Why would Klem stay if the Roosters or Parra came in with an offer bigger than what he’s on? He knows there is no light at the end of this tunnel for at least three years his best mate just got shafted by the club. Whatever happens with Klem we are fukked. He either goes or we pay him overs to...
  95. froggy

Bulldogs fan’s rage: ‘A steaming pile that keeps getting bigger’

This article was pretty soft. Not one mention of Castle and Dib. Just regurgitating old information. The only new information was that Cook played in the 2014 GF.
  96. froggy

Consolidated Dogs Salary Cap Situation Thread (including news articles)

That was Greenburg. I know we won the spoon in '08 but we didn't have salary cap issues. Therefore we just went out and bought Kimmorley, Ennis, Hannant, Stagg and co.
  97. froggy

RFM - and now the bad news

Agree, except for one thing. They need to do that now. Whilst the fans are looking for answers the club needs to provide something. They should have a plan in place. If they are silent for the rest of the season and we get hammered for the rest of the season the club will find it hard to attract...
  98. froggy

I think the journos know a lot more than you think. We were leaking badly last year. The media knew everything before we did. I would not be surprised if certain ex employees/directors were feeding this media frenzy.
  99. froggy

I don't agree. Its not the losing that fans dislike its the style of play for one, and the fact we just let go of some of the favourite players in the club all at once. The exodus is mind boggling. Hard to engage in the way we play. I would cop it if we were an exciting team to watch and were...
  100. froggy

I don't recall seeing anyone say its Pay's fault. But don't let the truth get in the way of what you might think is an amusing post. From what I have seen, most of Pay's detractors aren't blaming him for the clubs plight, but are wondering if he is the right man to get us out of it. Remember he...